ConocoPhillips Analyst Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2012.

I received a phone call about 2-3 weeks after applying for the position online. I was asked to join them for an onsite interview scheduled for one week later. The interview consisted of two short 30 minute interviews with a panel consisting of 2-3 people in each panel. Everyone was very friendly and the interview process was more like a conversation. They did ask some standard behavior questions to describe a time when you were in a difficult situation, etc. Each member of the panel shared their story and did most of the talking. I was able to respond and react to each of their comments and asked some follow up questions. One of the most comfortable and natural interviews I have ever been through. I received a brief phone call exactly one week after my interview that I would be receiving an email offer from them. This is a company that really feels like a family and I can't wait to get started.

Interview Questions
  • How do you define good performance?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you worked with either an internal or external party to resolve an issue. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
The negotiation process takes place between an HR specialist and the hiring manager. They communicated my questions and counter offers to them directly and responded back in a very quick and timely manner. Overall, I believe there is room to negotiate but it might be difficult as its done indirectly through HR.

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in April 2011.

Applied online and then haven't heard from them for a while. Finally I got an email asking about the availability for a phone interview. I have responded with the date and time and again haven't heard from them until the time I gave them in the email. The interviewees called me without previous confirmation. I was told they would let me know about the outcomes - again, lack of communication... haven't heard from them since then.

Interview Questions
    • How would you check if a data set is normal (normal distribution)?   View Answer
    • What is a stationary process? How does it differ from weakly stationary one?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Hidden Markov Model backward algorithm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2008.

1:1 interviews x 2, blend of technical and behavioral questions. Some technical questions were tough. There was lot of focus on company fit.

No negotiations.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2012.

There was only one interview with the hiring manager and HR. The interview took about an an hour and they asked me about 5 questions. The questions I studied from this website actually. So study this website! They called me back that day for references.

I didnt negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in April 2011.

Interview was more in depth than most. Consisted of questions ranging from ethics to leadership, all in a conceptual format. There was nothing really related to the job itself, they just wanted to see how you perform in certain situations and how you can talk. Ended up getting the offer, but not in the office I had gone into the interview expecting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have ever succeeded in?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2011.

online application, online tests, 10 min phone interview (motivation), 1 full day AC with interviews, group presentation, another day of interviews and individual presentation

still thinking about it

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in May 2008.

I initially had a phone interview where we basically went over my background and skillset. From there, I had an onsite interview with the hiring manager and her team. Each team member asked mutiple questions and was very engaged in the interview process. The work environment appeard to be casual and the people were friendly and down to earth. I could tell that it was a place where the people work very hard and enjoy doing so.