ConocoPhillips Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Intern Interview

Selected for interview through campus hiring process. Had 2 interviewers. Ask the typical behavior questions. Example: Give a time you were given a project and how did you handle it.?I interviewed with the company twice in 2 years. The first time I did not receive an offer but the second time I did.

Interview Questions
  • Give a time you had to work with an uncooperative coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Applied online and through the university career center. Talked to the recruiters at the job fair and also attended their info session.
    The interview consisted of discussing my resume with several STAR style questions mixed in that helped further describe my resume and experiences. Be sure to prepare for these as they are looking for a bit of detail. There was one lady talking to me while another was writing down my responses and marking up a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your ethics were challenged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

I did not like the personality test. Questions that don't have anything to do with your engineering skills- just having the right answer and being prepared for the curveballs. Why not a skills test? They show you a map of field locations you can go to for your first internship and when you don't act excited about them it is all over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2010.

Interview was a hour long behavioral interview. After the first 30 it just gets redundant

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when were faced with an ethical descision.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

I applied to ConocoPhillips summer internship program and received a one on one interview. The interview was Star based and overall it went OK. The interviewer asked me to schedule a phone interview with the site general manager. When I received the call my cell phones reception kept breaking up and in result the interview didn't go so well.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you applied something you learned in the class room to your real world experience?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2012.

Applied as engineering intern. I'm a college student. They contacted me let me pick a time slot to be interviewed the day they were coming to my university. Interview was situational questions, took about 30/45 minutes. The interviewer was very nice and professional. Gave very little feedback during interview. There was team of a few interviewers and now they are going to chat amongst themselves to pick the students they want as interns.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you asked to do something that you thought was wrong to do.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

I got the interview through my University. The interview was mainly just simple questions that showed how you handle everyday situations. There were two people there who were asking me questions. One of them was from HR while the other was actually an engineer at the company. One of the questions was "Describe a time where your group decided to go in a different direction than the one you thought was right."

Interview Questions

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!