ConocoPhillips Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

There was only one on campus interview, with two interviewers. They were very accommodating to find an interview time that fit my busy schedule. The interview consisted of standard behavioral questions, no surprises.

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2012.

Basic behavioral type interview to find out how you react in certain type situations. there were 2 people in the room with me, one interviewing and the other taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a goal that you set that you didnt meet and how you overcame the outcome   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2011.

Communication with ConocoPhillips was great. My university's job site helped to facilitate that communication. The interview itself was interesting. It was a unique interview so it definitely kept me on my toes. Not like they were trying to trick me or trip me up but they just had good questions that I had never really seen before in many interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that your job changed and what did you do to deal with that change?   Answer Question
    Very willing to work with you.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2011.

The company posted their offers in career fair every quarters in school. then they will go over all resume and choose the best candidates for those positions. after that who have been chose will be contact to schedule the interviews either at school or any assigned places.

Interview Questions
    • what should do deal with a lazy co-worker in your team ?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2011.

Interviews were with a panel consisting HR rep and mgt team members.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your work experience and educational background   Answer Question
    • Greatest achievement? Give an example..   Answer Question
    • Why this Company?   Answer Question
    • What's your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how your team has demonstrated being effective..

An example of when/how you managed conflict within a team

A few other questions on technical skills listed on resume
        Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Was taken out to dinner the night before for Tex-Mex. Tried to give my job preferences, but maybe shouldn't have if it limited my options. Most companies want to know what youre interested in, but ConocoPhillips doesnt seem to. I tried to pick locations that were less desirable in order to show how mobile I was, but again, it probably wasnt a great idea.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you saw something dangerous and what did you do to remedy the situation?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2009.

Interviewed on campus with campus recruiter, who then forwarded my information to site hiring manager. Technical phone interview followed with site hiring manager and then offer of employment. Drug test which collects hair sample is required.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had difficulty with people, how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed, salary competitive

Engineering Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2007.

COP came to my campus to interview those whom they selected during the preliminary selection process.
    10 days after the campus interview, they asked me to fly down to Houston for a panel interview. They decision was made 5 days after the second round interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince everyone in your group to stand by yourside during a negotiation if everyone seems against you?   Answer Question

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!