ConocoPhillips

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2012.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral type interview to find out how you react in certain type situations. there were 2 people in the room with me, one interviewing and the other taking notes.

Interview Question – Describe a goal that you set that you didnt meet and how you overcame the outcome   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2011.

Interview Details – The company posted their offers in career fair every quarters in school. then they will go over all resume and choose the best candidates for those positions. after that who have been chose will be contact to schedule the interviews either at school or any assigned places.

Interview Question – what should do deal with a lazy co-worker in your team ?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2011.

Interview Details – Communication with ConocoPhillips was great. My university's job site helped to facilitate that communication. The interview itself was interesting. It was a unique interview so it definitely kept me on my toes. Not like they were trying to trick me or trip me up but they just had good questions that I had never really seen before in many interviews.

Interview Question – When was a time that your job changed and what did you do to deal with that change?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very willing to work with you.

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was taken out to dinner the night before for Tex-Mex. Tried to give my job preferences, but maybe shouldn't have if it limited my options. Most companies want to know what youre interested in, but ConocoPhillips doesnt seem to. I tried to pick locations that were less desirable in order to show how mobile I was, but again, it probably wasnt a great idea.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you saw something dangerous and what did you do to remedy the situation?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were with a panel consisting HR rep and mgt team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience and educational background   Answer Question
  • Greatest achievement? Give an example..   Answer Question
  • Why this Company?   Answer Question
  • What's your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of how your team has demonstrated being effective..

An example of when/how you managed conflict within a team

A few other questions on technical skills listed on resume
      Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus with campus recruiter, who then forwarded my information to site hiring manager. Technical phone interview followed with site hiring manager and then offer of employment. Drug test which collects hair sample is required.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had difficulty with people, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed, salary competitive

Engineering

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2007.

Interview Details – COP came to my campus to interview those whom they selected during the preliminary selection process.
10 days after the campus interview, they asked me to fly down to Houston for a panel interview. They decision was made 5 days after the second round interview

Interview Question – How would you convince everyone in your group to stand by yourside during a negotiation if everyone seems against you?   Answer Question

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!