ConocoPhillips

Relevance Date Difficulty

GIS Intern Interview

GIS Intern
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2007.

Interview Details – My University participates in internship programs with the company, and sent my information to them. They had openings for interns and contacted me to schedule an interview. On the day of, I wore business professional attire and carried several copies of my resume. I was escorted with a guest ID to speak with a couple of people in HR, and then met with the person who eventually became my direct supervisor. We had a simple dialog about what I was familiar with, past work experience, all the while touring areas of where I would be working. I met another person who I would be working for, and eventually met one-on-one with the head recruiter at the time. This is when we discussed times I could work (since it was part time) and other employment terms. At this point I was essentially hired, escorted back to HR, and finally left to go take a drug test (outsourced) and fill out payroll information (also outsourced since I was an intern).

Interview Question – Why do you want to join the ConocoPhillips Team?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate times and days of the week to work, but the pay was not negotiable.

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!