ConocoPhillips Geologist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Applied online though the company's website. I received a call back about 1 week later inviting me for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of a combination of technical questions related to my dissertation research and HR-style questions.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time when you were faced with a challenge and came up with a unique solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

So, this is after they fly you down for an onsite interview. It involves about 5 different interviews strung out throughout the day, and a presentation you have to give likely on your thesis.

The ideal candidate would be a geologist that did a thesis on shale plays, using numerous types of data including geophysical. Experience with Petra would be a huge plus, and be sure to mention how successful you have been working in a team environment in the past.

Interview Questions

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!