ConocoPhillips

Relevance Date Difficulty

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Applied online though the company's website. I received a call back about 1 week later inviting me for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of a combination of technical questions related to my dissertation research and HR-style questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you were faced with a challenge and came up with a unique solution.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

Interview Details – So, this is after they fly you down for an onsite interview. It involves about 5 different interviews strung out throughout the day, and a presentation you have to give likely on your thesis.

The ideal candidate would be a geologist that did a thesis on shale plays, using numerous types of data including geophysical. Experience with Petra would be a huge plus, and be sure to mention how successful you have been working in a team environment in the past.

Interview Question – They asked about deviated boreholes   Answer Question

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!