ConocoPhillips

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

The entire process with ConocoPhillips was incredibly pleasant and quick - I was never wondering what the next steps were. I met them at first on campus at a career fair, where they told me all about the world of IT and ConocoPhillips. I gave them my resume, and they quickly contacted me for an on-campus interview. Before the interview, they invited me to a wonderful dinner, where I got to know the recruiters and other possible new hires.
The on-campus interview was completely behavioral, and it was relaxed and comfortable. I talked to two interviewers simultaneously for about 45 minutes, and they were both professional and friendly. They left me with instructions to wait for communication in the next two weeks - it came, as promised, in a timely fashion. They invited me for an on-site interview.
I drove to Bartlesville and all expenses were paid, from the gas to the hotel to all the food I could hope for. It was a wonderful experience. The day of the interview we split up into two groups - half of us toured through Bartlesville while the other half interviewed, and then we switched. I met with three interviewers individually for about 45 minutes each, and we rotated. Again, the questions were almost exclusively behavioral - I was never asked to write any code or demonstrate knowledge, only to talk about my past experiences and how I made decisions in certain situations.
I ended up going with a different offer since Bartlesville, OK is not a particularly interesting location, but it was still a great experience and I'd recommend ConocoPhillips to anybody.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you lead a group and one member did not perform to your expectations.   Answer Question

The offer was really nice - nice pay, nice benefits - and their work campus is very spacious and active. However, I ended up choosing a different offer with a different company, because location is very important to me and Bartlesville is not the most exciting.

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Behavioral Interviews. Multiple interviews over a two hour span. Spoke with three different interviewers. Be sure you study up for the interview. Need to recall all the experiences you've had in different areas and how you can apply them to the "Tell me about a time when...." type questions - leadership, decision making, team work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were challenged by a team you were leading and how did you overcome those challenges?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2014.

The interview was very straight forward. There weren't any technical questions asked. I met with a recruiter at a University Career Fair where they took my resume. I was contacted a week later and asked to schedule an interview. The interview was very straigh forward and only consisted of behavior questions after they asked me to briefly run through my Resume. Overall a great experience

Many behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2014.

The interview process was started by seeing ConocoPhillips representatives at a job fair. After my resume was considered, I was invited to an interview. The interview was a one on one sit down with a refinery engineer. After a little casual talk and "get-to-know-you" type questions, a line up of 6-8 detailed questions were asked. The questions were largely situational, asking what you did in a certain type of situation. For instance, "How did you deal with a difficult team member holding up a project?" This made the questions difficult because I have not worked in environments with these types of dynamics. If you have not had a full-time, office-type, interpersonal job, it will be difficult to answer the questions with satisfying answers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you go against the rules to accomplish something, and how did you convince others to support that effort?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Received an invite to interview through campus recruiting. I had a 45 minute interview that was behavioral based and me walking the interviewer through my résumé. I was invited to an on-site interview, and I went up after a week and a half. I had three interviews and received an offer a week later.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

The interview process was all behavioral, and very easy going. I only had one on-campus interview and the second was to be in Bartelsville where they are located.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, ex. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Behavioral interview, followed by a "Super Day"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really...pretty straightforward behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

They asked me your normal HR and situational questions, They asked about my Thesis, and I was given a seismic line to interpret.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting my first interview to be so technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

The interview process was very smooth. The recruiters came in for an on-site interview at my university and after connecting well with my interviewer we just talked about our experiences.