ConocoPhillips

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was started by seeing ConocoPhillips representatives at a job fair. After my resume was considered, I was invited to an interview. The interview was a one on one sit down with a refinery engineer. After a little casual talk and "get-to-know-you" type questions, a line up of 6-8 detailed questions were asked. The questions were largely situational, asking what you did in a certain type of situation. For instance, "How did you deal with a difficult team member holding up a project?" This made the questions difficult because I have not worked in environments with these types of dynamics. If you have not had a full-time, office-type, interpersonal job, it will be difficult to answer the questions with satisfying answers.

Interview Question – When did you go against the rules to accomplish something, and how did you convince others to support that effort?   Answer Question

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details – Many behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Received an invite to interview through campus recruiting. I had a 45 minute interview that was behavioral based and me walking the interviewer through my résumé. I was invited to an on-site interview, and I went up after a week and a half. I had three interviews and received an offer a week later.

Interview Question – Duration of a project   Answer Question

Northridge, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview Details – They asked me your normal HR and situational questions, They asked about my Thesis, and I was given a seismic line to interpret.

Interview Question – I wasn't expecting my first interview to be so technical.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – The interview process was all behavioral, and very easy going. I only had one on-campus interview and the second was to be in Bartelsville where they are located.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, ex. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview, followed by a "Super Day"

Interview Question – Nothing really...pretty straightforward behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth. The recruiters came in for an on-site interview at my university and after connecting well with my interviewer we just talked about our experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with them at the Career Fair, was offered an interview on campus

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you had a problem doing group work and had to sort out the conflict   Answer Question

Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Interview Details – Too many Anecdotal requests, "what would you do" "think of time when"

In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't receive an offer, because I couldn't stand to work with these people, the culture, and day to day grind in a cubicle in Houston.

Interview Question – A time when your ethics have been challenged.   View Answer

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through campus services and received a one on one interview. Received a rejection e-mail a week later.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you did not get along with a coworker.   Answer Question

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!