ConocoPhillips Intern Interview Questions

Many behavioral questions

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2014.

The interview process was started by seeing ConocoPhillips representatives at a job fair. After my resume was considered, I was invited to an interview. The interview was a one on one sit down with a refinery engineer. After a little casual talk and "get-to-know-you" type questions, a line up of 6-8 detailed questions were asked. The questions were largely situational, asking what you did in a certain type of situation. For instance, "How did you deal with a difficult team member holding up a project?" This made the questions difficult because I have not worked in environments with these types of dynamics. If you have not had a full-time, office-type, interpersonal job, it will be difficult to answer the questions with satisfying answers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you go against the rules to accomplish something, and how did you convince others to support that effort?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Received an invite to interview through campus recruiting. I had a 45 minute interview that was behavioral based and me walking the interviewer through my résumé. I was invited to an on-site interview, and I went up after a week and a half. I had three interviews and received an offer a week later.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

The interview process was all behavioral, and very easy going. I only had one on-campus interview and the second was to be in Bartelsville where they are located.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, ex. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Behavioral interview, followed by a "Super Day"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really...pretty straightforward behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

They asked me your normal HR and situational questions, They asked about my Thesis, and I was given a seismic line to interpret.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting my first interview to be so technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

The interview process was very smooth. The recruiters came in for an on-site interview at my university and after connecting well with my interviewer we just talked about our experiences.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2012.

Spoke with them at the Career Fair, was offered an interview on campus

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had a problem doing group work and had to sort out the conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Too many Anecdotal requests, "what would you do" "think of time when"

In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't receive an offer, because I couldn't stand to work with these people, the culture, and day to day grind in a cubicle in Houston.

Interview Questions
    • A time when your ethics have been challenged.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2010.

Met the company at the career fair. They called me back to schedule an interview with them the next day and we figured out a time slot that worked for both of us. The interview was behavioral and they placed a lot of emphasis on me asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you did not get along with a boss or co worker.   Answer Question

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!