ConocoPhillips

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Network Analyst Interview

Bartlesville, OK

I applied online and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – I received an email from a recruiting coordinator asking me for an initial phone interview. I did the phone interview and then did not hear a word for over a week. Then they scheduled me for an office visit and flew me in. During the office visit I met with 3 supervisors who asked a few behavioral type questions. Then I met with 2 engineers for a technical interview.
So when it was all said and done, they flew me across the country (which was a logistics nightmare for me) for a lousy 2 hour interview.

It has now been 3 weeks and I have not heard a word from anyone there despite my follow-up emails and phone calls. Don't waste your time with this company. They are inconsiderate and just waste your time.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult. Very easy interview compared to my current company's interview standards.   View Answer

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with representatives at an on campus career fair and they held a follow up dinner that same night. They made it very relaxing and not an intimidating atmosphere. It was nice to talk with them and ask questions before the actual interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked with a team and something didn't go your way   Answer Question

Construction Management Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Was given one week notice for the interview. The interview itself was condeucted by the construction projects manager himself, and was mainly about my personality, and motivations for applying. I was also the first intern they interviewed from my program, so they asked a lot of questions about that and the content of my classes.
Was asked a few of the typical questions like:
Why do you want to work for us?
What would you say makes you a good fit for this job/internship and for this company?
What is you view/philosophy on safety?
Their website was also very helpfull in preparing for the interview. It had a lot of tips on what kinds of question I would be asked and what they expected me to know coming in. Apparently that whole section is gone...
As a side note, make SURE you memorize COPs S.P.I.R.I.T values, and their motto. (At ConocoPhillips, our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take the time to do it safely and in an environmentally prudent manner." You will be asked about the spirit values for sure.

Interview Question – What is your view on safety? That is a tough question for a construction manager. I answered that safety is THE priority, but that it also had to be managed intelligently in order to keep a project moving forward. Prevention was the main tool in managing safety. That answer seemed to satisfy them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. As an intern, they make an offer 2 weeks after the interview (a good one), and i accept.

Intern Interview

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details – Many behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met with managers and a hiring manager for a job interview. One of the project managers looked over my resume and became snarky and made remarks about where I went to college and assumed my religious preferences. Clearly, this person was biased and religious intolerant. The other people in the room let this unprofessional behavior continue on. This made the whole interview uncomfortable. However, I acted as a professional and knew that I was already disqualified from the job because of this person's assumptions. The whole interview, this person was aggressive and asked most of the questions, seemingly to attack my character and goals in life. Again, the interview was not fair due to one person's bias. I'm not entirely sure that ConocoPhillips as a whole is free any discrimination of any kind and promotes diversity.

IT Internship Interview

Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2012.

Interview Details – There was first an on-site interview on campus where there was a 1:1 interview and I was asked 4 different behavioral questions. In one week I got a response and given an on-site interview in Bartlesville, OK. They paid for everything. I got there on Wednesday night and the interview was Thursday. This was a rotation with 4 different people asking very similar behavioral questions. After that it took another week when they finally extend an official offer.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of different behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Reservoir Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interview, laid-back atmosphere, friendly interviewer

Interview Question – Technical question on past experience   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2014.

Interview Details – I am still in the process, I applied online I was called to have an interview scheduled with HR. Everything went smoothly, no unexpected question.

Interview Question – There was none unexpected question. Interview was mainly behavioral, short though.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got in contact with them through the career website, and had to fill out an application online. In the interview there were lots of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to bring a group of people together to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2009.

Interview Details – Panel style behavioral questions

Interview Question – What is the hardest business decision you have made?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered more $$$$ than I expected so minimum negotiations on salary. Need to negotiate vacation for industry time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConocoPhillips

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ConocoPhillips interview questions and advice. All 125 interview reviews posted anonymously by ConocoPhillips employees and interview candidates.