ConocoPhillips Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
133 interviews

2.9

Senior Drilling Engineer Interview

I was recruited through Lynced In, It was a simple process. I really liked the managers, and decided that a larger company wouldn't be so bad if I got the chance to work for these guys. Safety is a core value at COP.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in May 2010.

Typical interview where you interview with a couple supervisors who ask questions about your background and accomplishments that were achieved at pass jobs. They score your answers on a 1-5 scale

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where you made a dramatic impact in your job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Hiring and interview process is as easy as one can expect in terms of procedure. Very organized and structured. First round interview was on campus, afterwards they selected a few people for second round interviews the next day. Decisions came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Questions revolving fitting prior experience to the oil/gas industry. (I had no oil/gas experience prior to the interview)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2014.

The interview process was started by seeing ConocoPhillips representatives at a job fair. After my resume was considered, I was invited to an interview. The interview was a one on one sit down with a refinery engineer. After a little casual talk and "get-to-know-you" type questions, a line up of 6-8 detailed questions were asked. The questions were largely situational, asking what you did in a certain type of situation. For instance, "How did you deal with a difficult team member holding up a project?" This made the questions difficult because I have not worked in environments with these types of dynamics. If you have not had a full-time, office-type, interpersonal job, it will be difficult to answer the questions with satisfying answers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you go against the rules to accomplish something, and how did you convince others to support that effort?   Answer Question

RPA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2013.

applied through school website and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. There were several people there to talk with you before the interview and get you to fill out something's. I had two people interview me asked a lot of different types of questions, but the hardest was behavioral type questions.

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Met with representatives at an on campus career fair and they held a follow up dinner that same night. They made it very relaxing and not an intimidating atmosphere. It was nice to talk with them and ask questions before the actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team and something didn't go your way   Answer Question

Construction Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Was given one week notice for the interview. The interview itself was condeucted by the construction projects manager himself, and was mainly about my personality, and motivations for applying. I was also the first intern they interviewed from my program, so they asked a lot of questions about that and the content of my classes.
    Was asked a few of the typical questions like:
    Why do you want to work for us?
    What would you say makes you a good fit for this job/internship and for this company?
    What is you view/philosophy on safety?
    Their website was also very helpfull in preparing for the interview. It had a lot of tips on what kinds of question I would be asked and what they expected me to know coming in. Apparently that whole section is gone...
    As a side note, make SURE you memorize COPs S.P.I.R.I.T values, and their motto. (At ConocoPhillips, our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take the time to do it safely and in an environmentally prudent manner." You will be asked about the spirit values for sure.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on safety? That is a tough question for a construction manager. I answered that safety is THE priority, but that it also had to be managed intelligently in order to keep a project moving forward. Prevention was the main tool in managing safety. That answer seemed to satisfy them.   Answer Question
    Very simple. As an intern, they make an offer 2 weeks after the interview (a good one), and i accept.

Intern Interview

Many behavioral questions

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2014.

Met with managers and a hiring manager for a job interview. One of the project managers looked over my resume and became snarky and made remarks about where I went to college and assumed my religious preferences. Clearly, this person was biased and religious intolerant. The other people in the room let this unprofessional behavior continue on. This made the whole interview uncomfortable. However, I acted as a professional and knew that I was already disqualified from the job because of this person's assumptions. The whole interview, this person was aggressive and asked most of the questions, seemingly to attack my character and goals in life. Again, the interview was not fair due to one person's bias. I'm not entirely sure that ConocoPhillips as a whole is free any discrimination of any kind and promotes diversity.

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2012.

There was first an on-site interview on campus where there was a 1:1 interview and I was asked 4 different behavioral questions. In one week I got a response and given an on-site interview in Bartlesville, OK. They paid for everything. I got there on Wednesday night and the interview was Thursday. This was a rotation with 4 different people asking very similar behavioral questions. After that it took another week when they finally extend an official offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!