ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Technical and other questions by 5 team members in separate one on one sessions. Most were too simple and irrelevant. Some were even ridiculous. I felt as though the team members were interviewing for a position well above their own status.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Data Integration Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed me once on the phone and then offered me the job. They usually have some immediate project need when they are hiring a contractor, so they would like you to start as soon as possible. If you want to be a full-time employee, it is easier to get on as a contractor, and then get hired on full time when they like you, than to get a full-time offer up front.

Interview Questions

• What type of Informatica Transformations have you worked with?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

Company flew me out to Bartlesville location, all expenses paid. Interviewed with three separate interviewers, all of them asking purely behavioral questions. They then gave us a quick tour of the buildings and we parted with some company swag. The following day, ConocoPhillips called back with an offer. There was no negotiation for salary and were a little pushy on getting acceptance replies asap.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had difficulty with a co-worker or project partner   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Standard Interview panel. Most of the questions were situational. A lot of weight on personality and how the individual would fit into current group. Question includes: what did you like about your last job, why did you leave, what is your long term goals...

Senior Reservoir Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was very comfortable, confident and well informed. I had a lot to offer this company from my advanced skill sets and education. The interview was very pleasant. It's all about selling yourself, your background and showing them you are the one they want and need. Above all you CAN do this job better than anyone.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. They introduce themselves and make you feel comfortable. They tell you about the job and what is expected of you to perform in this role. They ask you if this is something you feel you can do? They basically interact with you to find out more about you. They have your resume in front of them and they do go over your background and what you know as far as skills. So don't put anything on your resume unless you can truly do it. If you don't have a skill they are looking for be honest and let them know upfront. Because one thing ConocoPhillips does VERY well is TRAIN you. There are many, many on line training classes and you can sign up for many classroom training classes where you can get the help you need. Mentors as well are here to help you if you need it. Co-workers are here to help you as well. They are truly looking at you as a whole - the person YOU. They want you to feel comfortable in this job, not stressed, or feel you have to figure everything out on your own. They want you to ask for help if you need it. When I went for my interview here there was another manager there as well and instead of one job interview I got lucky and got 2 jobs to choose from. I actually was given the choice to choose between both jobs. I choose the one I actually wasn't initially there to interview for as it fit me to a tee!! And I LOVE my job! It's a lot of fun and the people I work with are wonderful people.   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process went very good. I was selected for the job. Then they proceeded to cut out benefits, pay, and opportunities from the job. Management proceeded to lie to me after the interview about offers made during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my education and skills   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and heard nothing for over a month, then one day received an email from human resources to schedule a short phone interview. The phone interview happened a few days later and lasted about half an hour. Within a day or two I was contacted by HR again to arrange a flight to the office. About a week later I was flown to the office for a half-day interview. The in-person interview consisted of several group and individual interview sessions, concluding with lunch.

Interview Questions

• They ask very specific questions about technical skills - know what your resume says, and be able to provide examples about all of your capabilities.   1 Answer

Project Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Phone interview: Benchmarking supervisor Tom Hren called me for an half hour interview. He is interested in the CII project I completed and want more details. Got oral offer four days later.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me how you built the model for predicting the impact of change?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Relatively easy. Was the last one to interview for the day and decided to just review my resume. Ask indirect behavioral questions about my teamwork and problem-solvering skills. Should of lasted 30 minutes but ended up talking for about 45 mins.

Interview

I applied the job through online process application in may, last year. and after that, i was invited to do the first selection process located in Bandung city. the first process is english test and the result is informed to applicants after noon. for those who pass this process, move on to psychometric test. in this process, everyone passed to the next step, to do the HR interview held tomorrow's day. I did my interview for about 30 minute, and the questions was behavioural questions. and after that, the recruiter told me to wait about four weeks for the result. I got a phone call from conoco phillips to say that they invited me to go to the assessment day in jakarta office. the airfare ticket and accomodation had been prepared by COPI. the assesment was held for a day with the first event was company presentation and continued by user interview. the interview was in the form of panel interview, which in my experience there are eight user to ask me questions.