ConocoPhillips

131 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2014.

Interview Details – I am still in the process, I applied online I was called to have an interview scheduled with HR. Everything went smoothly, no unexpected question.

Interview Question – There was none unexpected question. Interview was mainly behavioral, short though.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got in contact with them through the career website, and had to fill out an application online. In the interview there were lots of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to bring a group of people together to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Procurement Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2009.

Interview Details – Panel style behavioral questions

Interview Question – What is the hardest business decision you have made?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered more $$$$ than I expected so minimum negotiations on salary. Need to negotiate vacation for industry time.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Drilling Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – It was a decent interview, typical shuffle between different managers and future work colleagues. I was able to ask questions very candidly and be open.

The questions that managers had were rather insightful, I was surprised at the personal nature of questions that were sometimes asked (showed what I thought was a caring spirit)

Interview Question – There were no technical questions. They know your experience and were more interested in who you were rather than what you knew.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details – The process was a little bit slow, but that it to be expected for a large company. They posted updates on their review of application/resume after you apply on the website. It took about 5-6 weeks from application to an initial phone interview with HR. That interview was short and straightforward to see if salary expectations and basic skills are a good fit for the job. 1 week after the phone interview i heard back and had a face to face. The face to face was about 90 minutes total with 3 people. It was a behavioral interview asking for examples of scenarios from previous employment. All questions were reasonable, no curve balls. They felt out for some technical experience and interest in future aspirations

Interview Question – No curve ball questions. Typical behavioral interview. Explaining difficult situations or difficult bosses at previous jobs can be hard but isn't anything you wouldn't expect.   Answer Question

Production Engineering Intern Interview

Production Engineering Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus recruitment through my university. I met the head engineering recruiter three times- once at the career fair, and twice at on campus information sessions. Every time I spoke with a Conocophillips recruiter they seemed genuinely interested in me. Overall a friendly and welcoming company.

Interview was extremely comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker. No technical questions were asked- strictly behavioral.   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work for ConocoPhillips?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation over salary, placement, or benefits, which makes perfect sense. The compensation for an engineering intern is beyond amazing, and there is simply no need for negotiation. They provided housing compensation as well as generous monthly salary.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Bartlesville, OK

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and I heard back from a recruiter approximately 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. I was told the interview would last 2 hours, but it only went for a little over an hour. There were three interviewers who took turns asking almost all behavioral questions. Though the constant onslaught of behavioral questions became a little daunting after the first 45 minutes, everyone was very laid back so I was comfortable.

Interview Question – "What is the easiest way for a company to cheat on their income statement?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was better than I expected so there was little negotiation. They were very accommodating when I told them I would need to take off a few weeks after my start date for a vacation I previously planned.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Applied through college recruiting service, got an interview, and was just asked a series of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details – Selected for interview through campus hiring process. Had 2 interviewers. Ask the typical behavior questions. Example: Give a time you were given a project and how did you handle it.?I interviewed with the company twice in 2 years. The first time I did not receive an offer but the second time I did.

Interview Question – Give a time you had to work with an uncooperative coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Received an invite to interview through campus recruiting. I had a 45 minute interview that was behavioral based and me walking the interviewer through my résumé. I was invited to an on-site interview, and I went up after a week and a half. I had three interviews and received an offer a week later.

Interview Question – Duration of a project   Answer Question