ConocoPhillips

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2014.

The communication in the beginning is fantastic. Once you get to the onsite interview it completely changes. The employees don't make you feel welcome and it is relatively hard to get conversation going. The process is long and you shouldn't get your hopes up. They don't hire a lot of people and you need to be pretty much perfect to get a job.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based interview. The questions are basic for the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Drilling Engineer Interview

I was recruited through Lynced In, It was a simple process. I really liked the managers, and decided that a larger company wouldn't be so bad if I got the chance to work for these guys. Safety is a core value at COP.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2014.

There were two interviewers. They basically just go through my resume from top to bottom and ask questions related to my resume, in great detail. Some questions involved the specific scientific term or experiment. Sometimes they ask me to describe the work experience and share some work knowledge with them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are mixed with technical and behavioral. I didn't find the question to be that hard if you know your resume really well. I find the toughest question is at the end, when they ask you if you have any questions for them. I still don't know what kind of question should I ask to get give interviewers the best impression.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Hiring and interview process is as easy as one can expect in terms of procedure. Very organized and structured. First round interview was on campus, afterwards they selected a few people for second round interviews the next day. Decisions came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Questions revolving fitting prior experience to the oil/gas industry. (I had no oil/gas experience prior to the interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in June 2014.

The interview was very straight forward. There weren't any technical questions asked. I met with a recruiter at a University Career Fair where they took my resume. I was contacted a week later and asked to schedule an interview. The interview was very straigh forward and only consisted of behavior questions after they asked me to briefly run through my Resume. Overall a great experience

Construction Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Was given one week notice for the interview. The interview itself was condeucted by the construction projects manager himself, and was mainly about my personality, and motivations for applying. I was also the first intern they interviewed from my program, so they asked a lot of questions about that and the content of my classes.
    Was asked a few of the typical questions like:
    Why do you want to work for us?
    What would you say makes you a good fit for this job/internship and for this company?
    What is you view/philosophy on safety?
    Their website was also very helpfull in preparing for the interview. It had a lot of tips on what kinds of question I would be asked and what they expected me to know coming in. Apparently that whole section is gone...
    As a side note, make SURE you memorize COPs S.P.I.R.I.T values, and their motto. (At ConocoPhillips, our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take the time to do it safely and in an environmentally prudent manner." You will be asked about the spirit values for sure.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on safety? That is a tough question for a construction manager. I answered that safety is THE priority, but that it also had to be managed intelligently in order to keep a project moving forward. Prevention was the main tool in managing safety. That answer seemed to satisfy them.   Answer Question
    Very simple. As an intern, they make an offer 2 weeks after the interview (a good one), and i accept.

Many behavioral questions

Reservoir Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

1 on 1 interview, laid-back atmosphere, friendly interviewer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2014.

Met with managers and a hiring manager for a job interview. One of the project managers looked over my resume and became snarky and made remarks about where I went to college and assumed my religious preferences. Clearly, this person was biased and religious intolerant. The other people in the room let this unprofessional behavior continue on. This made the whole interview uncomfortable. However, I acted as a professional and knew that I was already disqualified from the job because of this person's assumptions. The whole interview, this person was aggressive and asked most of the questions, seemingly to attack my character and goals in life. Again, the interview was not fair due to one person's bias. I'm not entirely sure that ConocoPhillips as a whole is free any discrimination of any kind and promotes diversity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2014.

The interview process was started by seeing ConocoPhillips representatives at a job fair. After my resume was considered, I was invited to an interview. The interview was a one on one sit down with a refinery engineer. After a little casual talk and "get-to-know-you" type questions, a line up of 6-8 detailed questions were asked. The questions were largely situational, asking what you did in a certain type of situation. For instance, "How did you deal with a difficult team member holding up a project?" This made the questions difficult because I have not worked in environments with these types of dynamics. If you have not had a full-time, office-type, interpersonal job, it will be difficult to answer the questions with satisfying answers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you go against the rules to accomplish something, and how did you convince others to support that effort?   Answer Question