ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Reservoir Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

1 on 1 interview, laid-back atmosphere, friendly interviewer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with managers and a hiring manager for a job interview. One of the project managers looked over my resume and became snarky and made remarks about where I went to college and assumed my religious preferences. Clearly, this person was biased and religious intolerant. The other people in the room let this unprofessional behavior continue on. This made the whole interview uncomfortable. However, I acted as a professional and knew that I was already disqualified from the job because of this person's assumptions. The whole interview, this person was aggressive and asked most of the questions, seemingly to attack my character and goals in life. Again, the interview was not fair due to one person's bias. I'm not entirely sure that ConocoPhillips as a whole is free any discrimination of any kind and promotes diversity.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Tulsa, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was started by seeing ConocoPhillips representatives at a job fair. After my resume was considered, I was invited to an interview. The interview was a one on one sit down with a refinery engineer. After a little casual talk and "get-to-know-you" type questions, a line up of 6-8 detailed questions were asked. The questions were largely situational, asking what you did in a certain type of situation. For instance, "How did you deal with a difficult team member holding up a project?" This made the questions difficult because I have not worked in environments with these types of dynamics. If you have not had a full-time, office-type, interpersonal job, it will be difficult to answer the questions with satisfying answers.

Interview Questions

• When did you go against the rules to accomplish something, and how did you convince others to support that effort?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2014.

Interview

I am still in the process, I applied online I was called to have an interview scheduled with HR. Everything went smoothly, no unexpected question.

Interview Questions

• There was none unexpected question. Interview was mainly behavioral, short though.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a decent interview, typical shuffle between different managers and future work colleagues. I was able to ask questions very candidly and be open.

The questions that managers had were rather insightful, I was surprised at the personal nature of questions that were sometimes asked (showed what I thought was a caring spirit)

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions. They know your experience and were more interested in who you were rather than what you knew.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

The process was a little bit slow, but that it to be expected for a large company. They posted updates on their review of application/resume after you apply on the website. It took about 5-6 weeks from application to an initial phone interview with HR. That interview was short and straightforward to see if salary expectations and basic skills are a good fit for the job. 1 week after the phone interview i heard back and had a face to face. The face to face was about 90 minutes total with 3 people. It was a behavioral interview asking for examples of scenarios from previous employment. All questions were reasonable, no curve balls. They felt out for some technical experience and interest in future aspirations

Interview Questions

• No curve ball questions. Typical behavioral interview. Explaining difficult situations or difficult bosses at previous jobs can be hard but isn't anything you wouldn't expect.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied through college recruiting service, got an interview, and was just asked a series of behavioral questions.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Selected for interview through campus hiring process. Had 2 interviewers. Ask the typical behavior questions. Example: Give a time you were given a project and how did you handle it.?I interviewed with the company twice in 2 years. The first time I did not receive an offer but the second time I did.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you had to work with an uncooperative coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Received an invite to interview through campus recruiting. I had a 45 minute interview that was behavioral based and me walking the interviewer through my résumé. I was invited to an on-site interview, and I went up after a week and a half. I had three interviews and received an offer a week later.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

I applied through the university and was notified after 2 weeks of an interview. Philips 66 hosted an info session for everyone and brought us out to dinner on the night before the interview. During the interview, I was given basic behavior questions along with a case interview. Recruiters are all really helpful and they try to make you as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun? Why do you want to work in the oil industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pushy in terms of their offer. They gave a very limited amount of time to accept and really push candidates to accept. Did not have room for negotiation.