ConocoPhillips

2.9

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

I applied online and I heard back from a recruiter approximately 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. I was told the interview would last 2 hours, but it only went for a little over an hour. There were three interviewers who took turns asking almost all behavioral questions. Though the constant onslaught of behavioral questions became a little daunting after the first 45 minutes, everyone was very laid back so I was comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the easiest way for a company to cheat on their income statement?"   View Answer
    The offer was better than I expected so there was little negotiation. They were very accommodating when I told them I would need to take off a few weeks after my start date for a vacation I previously planned.

Supply Chain Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Recruited at on campus job fair and I applied through my university. The interview was completely behavioral, and they expect answers to follow a STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). I also think they asked me to walk them through my resume. After interviewing, they told me I would hear back in 1-2 weeks if I would be continuing in the process, however it took a little over 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you persuaded a team you were working with to follow your idea.   Answer Question

Better offer elswhere

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

They asked me your normal HR and situational questions, They asked about my Thesis, and I was given a seismic line to interpret.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting my first interview to be so technical.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Applied online and through the university career center. Talked to the recruiters at the job fair and also attended their info session.
    The interview consisted of discussing my resume with several STAR style questions mixed in that helped further describe my resume and experiences. Be sure to prepare for these as they are looking for a bit of detail. There was one lady talking to me while another was writing down my responses and marking up a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your ethics were challenged.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Got in contact with them through the career website, and had to fill out an application online. In the interview there were lots of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to bring a group of people together to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Met with representatives at an on campus career fair and they held a follow up dinner that same night. They made it very relaxing and not an intimidating atmosphere. It was nice to talk with them and ask questions before the actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team and something didn't go your way   Answer Question

Occupational Health and Safety Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

On-campus interview. Met with high position manager/engineer.
    Very forward, more about behavior questions. No technical questions asked.

General questions like: what are your strengths, weaknesses and etc
    How do you handle conflict

Talked with the interviewer about his experience at the company.

RPA Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

It was an on-campus interview through career services, I was interviewed by two men. One asked the questions and the other wrote down my answers. It was all behavior questions, and the interviewer would tell me which category of behavioral questions he was about to ask (ex: "the next few questions will be customer based")

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your work environment was uncomfortable.

Describe a situation where a customer demanded too much of you.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

The interview process was very smooth. The recruiters came in for an on-site interview at my university and after connecting well with my interviewer we just talked about our experiences.

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2013.

They took us out to a pre-interview dinner the night before, at a nice place. The next day we were taken to a "holding" room where we were greeted by a current employee who answered any questions we had and gave us some confidence. We were then taken back to the room where I was greeted by my two interviewers who I had met the night before. Since we had chatted at the dinner, the atmosphere was pretty relaxed. All behavioral, nothing hard. Took a little over 2 weeks for the to get back with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to recruit other people? Was it difficult?   Answer Question
    No negotiation as the price is very high compared to other firms for an internship.