ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and I heard back from a recruiter approximately 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. I was told the interview would last 2 hours, but it only went for a little over an hour. There were three interviewers who took turns asking almost all behavioral questions. Though the constant onslaught of behavioral questions became a little daunting after the first 45 minutes, everyone was very laid back so I was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• "What is the easiest way for a company to cheat on their income statement?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was better than I expected so there was little negotiation. They were very accommodating when I told them I would need to take off a few weeks after my start date for a vacation I previously planned.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Got in contact with them through the career website, and had to fill out an application online. In the interview there were lots of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to bring a group of people together to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview

Met with representatives at an on campus career fair and they held a follow up dinner that same night. They made it very relaxing and not an intimidating atmosphere. It was nice to talk with them and ask questions before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a team and something didn't go your way   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Northridge, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

They asked me your normal HR and situational questions, They asked about my Thesis, and I was given a seismic line to interpret.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting my first interview to be so technical.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and through the university career center. Talked to the recruiters at the job fair and also attended their info session. The interview consisted of discussing my resume with several STAR style questions mixed in that helped further describe my resume and experiences. Be sure to prepare for these as they are looking for a bit of detail. There was one lady talking to me while another was writing down my responses and marking up a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your ethics were challenged.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Katy, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruited at on campus job fair and I applied through my university. The interview was completely behavioral, and they expect answers to follow a STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). I also think they asked me to walk them through my resume. After interviewing, they told me I would hear back in 1-2 weeks if I would be continuing in the process, however it took a little over 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you persuaded a team you were working with to follow your idea.   Answer Question

Better offer elswhere

RPA Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Stillwater, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview through career services, I was interviewed by two men. One asked the questions and the other wrote down my answers. It was all behavior questions, and the interviewer would tell me which category of behavioral questions he was about to ask (ex: "the next few questions will be customer based")

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your work environment was uncomfortable. Describe a situation where a customer demanded too much of you.   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Long, in-depth, difficult interviews with multiple people on same day. I was at their office for about 6 hours and interviewed with 3 managers. All questions revolve around the company S.P.I.R.I.T values. You have to provide answers that correspond how you reacted to various situations/performed in former jobs/completed tasks utilizing Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibilty, Innovation, Teamwork. I had multiple interviews with other O and G companies in a 6 month period and this was by far the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you completed challenging task in your former job performed in utilizing SPIRIT values - Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibilty, Innovation, Teamwork.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview

On-campus interview. Met with high position manager/engineer. Very forward, more about behavior questions. No technical questions asked. General questions like: what are your strengths, weaknesses and etc How do you handle conflict Talked with the interviewer about his experience at the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. The recruiters came in for an on-site interview at my university and after connecting well with my interviewer we just talked about our experiences.