ConocoPhillips

131 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sourcing & Contracting Coordinator/Senior Coordinator Interview

Sourcing & Contracting Coordinator/Senior Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied back in early Feb, was contacted in April for an interview at headquarters. I was told it would be from 1-4p. Conversations were pretty fluid but the entire interview only last 45 minutes.

Interview Question – What would you change at your current job? What Terms and Conditions do you normally follow?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Process Operator
Borger, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2009.

Interview Details – There are numerous steps to the interview and hiring process starting with the initial application, aptitude and problem solving testing, a phone interview to determine your experience level, a mental assesment to determine your ability to work with others and finally an in person interview before a board of other employees before an offer of employment may be issued.

Interview Question – Why would you take a pay cut to start at the bottom to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation, an offer was extended for an hourly rate with set increases based on length of employment and advancement.

PTRRC Associate Interview

PTRRC Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two managers. They asked about my experience. Very conversational.

Con: It took 4 months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Question – The interview was more like a conversation to get to know me. They asked if I had any experience in taxes, real estate, and properties.   Answer Question

Upstream Revenue Analyst Interview

Upstream Revenue Analyst
Bartlesville, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter initially and interviewed with 4 different people a week later. All 4 were from different departments and had different outlooks. It was good to get multiple opinions and answers. It was mostly a behavioral interview process but was very "down to earth" and welcoming. They were not intimidating like most interviews like this. They provided great insight on the company and we talked about my skills and most importantly my hobbies outside of work. They were very concerned about a work life balance which I thought was great. A week after interviewing I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Question – Be prepared for behavioral questions that focus on analytical ability, team work, leadership, and initiative. Come prepared with answers that highlight those things and that relate to the position open.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Met the recruiters at a job fair. They selected about 10 for the interview process, and filled two spots. The interview was very basic behavioral questions, with maybe one or two technical questions. ConocoPhillips had very friendly employees, and emailed/called with an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Question – Name something you didn't do and/or regret from your college experience.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Ponca City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2008.

Interview Details – On campus screening and interview. Site interview where I interviewed with other professionals in the group that I would be working with.

Interview Question – Why I did so poorly in one class (when my other grades were excellent).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other job that I desired more.

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initially was a single 30 minute interview on campus. This was followed up by an onsite day, which consisted of going to Bartlesville, getting to eat dinner with new hires, breakfast and benefits talk, 3 interviews back to back to back, and then a tour of the facilities they have in downtown.

Interview Question – What is your definition of Working Capital? What happens if this gets larger? What happens to this if your Current Liabilities go down?   View Answer

IT New Hire Interview

IT New Hire
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiters were at my schools career fair and I applied for an interview through our career services office. About a week later I learned I had received an interview. The night before the interview they treated us to a dinner where we could ask questions and get to know some of the employees. The on-campus interview was a single 45 min behavioral interview.

less than a week later I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview at their IT headquarters in Bartlesville. They put me in a hotel the night before and we went to dinner with some past new hires. In the morning, we met up at a small recruiting office where they served us a delicious breakfast. We split into two groups, one started their interviews and the other went on a tour of the offices and surrounding town, then switched. There was a total of three 30 min behavioral interviews throughout the morning. They were fairly easy interviews, two of the interviewers were IT people, and one was HR. Some more past new hires took us to a nice lunch while HR met with everyone we had come in contact with since the first interview (reps from all the dinners and lunches, and all the interviewers). They discussed about all of the candidates while we were at lunch. When we got back, they wished us luck and sent us home. I really liked everyone I met there, and they were all very encouraging.

Two days later, I received a phone call letting me know I would be receiving an official offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate. The offer was higher than I honestly expected.

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2012.

Interview Details – Selected for campus interview and offered on site interview in Bartlesville, OK. The interview consisted of 3 30 minutes behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – What is working capital?   View Answer

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Accounting/Finance Intern
Manhattan, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a social the night before. The following day I stopped by the both and he had me sign up for a next day interview. Interview started off with generic question like what are your strengths and weaknesses. Then the interviewer ask 5 or 6 behavioral question. The ended by asking if I had any question. It's really important to come with intelligent, non generic questions.

Interview Question – How have you used microsoft excel in to help solve a problem.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConocoPhillips