ConocoPhillips

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Lease Analyst Interview

Investment Lease Analyst
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – On campus interview; then on site second interview. General resume questions and a tour of the campus

Fulltime Reservoir Engineer Interview

Fulltime Reservoir Engineer
San Francisco, CA

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details – Got interview in campus job fair. Was interviewed by two person, seems both of them are team leader or manager. Questions were about my school work and previous working experience. Nothing else

Interview Question – No too difficult questions, it seems to hire or not determined by whether they have an opening of your specialty.   Answer Question

Messaging Interview

Messaging
Bartlesville, OK

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was first called by HR to set up a time to have a technical interview about a week out. I was called for a technical interview which was given by the IT Manager and the IT Director. The technical interview lasted a little over an hour. They basically wanted to me to tell them what I knew. They did ask a couple of technical questions, but it was one of the easiest technical interviews I’ve ever had. That could have been because I went into so much detail about my experience. About 30 minutes to an hour after the interview I was called and arrangements were made to fly to Tulsa for an interview in Bartlesville three weeks out.

The interview in Bartlesville was from 9:30 am till almost 3:00 pm. I was interviewed by the IT Manager and the IT Director. As all the other reviews state, it was not a technical interview. They asked a lot of scenario based questions. After that interview I was given a tour and then taken to lunch with the Manager and several team members. After lunch they drove me around town a little and then I was interviewed by two other team members. The IT Manager came back in and we talked for a while and then I flew back home. Overall a great interview process. I was impressed with the facilities, the management, and the team.

About a week later they called me asking what I was expecting for salary. I told them and about four days later they called back with the offer. The reason they called is it was so much lower than I was asking that they said they didn’t want to insult me. The HR guy I was talking to said I could go into negotiations with them if I wanted, but it was pointless because they couldn’t come close to what I was asking. At that point I thanked him and that was it. I did email/call him back a couple of times because I had a couple of more questions, but at that point I never received a response. I guess they were done with me after I declined their offer.

For the position they were filling and expectations for that position, I was extremely disappointed in the offer. Make sure you speak to the HR person about salary before agreeing to fly to Tulsa for an interview. If it was that low, I figured they would have asked me what I was expecting, however it was never mentioned. Had they offered me close to what I was asking, I would have taken the job.

Interview Question – I read all of the questions on here and they suprised me with mostly new questions. If you read all the ones on here and write out answers to them, you should do fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was well below what I'm currently making and the HR person told me it would be a waste of time to negotiate.

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Applied online though the company's website. I received a call back about 1 week later inviting me for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of a combination of technical questions related to my dissertation research and HR-style questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you were faced with a challenge and came up with a unique solution.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2012.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral type interview to find out how you react in certain type situations. there were 2 people in the room with me, one interviewing and the other taking notes.

Interview Question – Describe a goal that you set that you didnt meet and how you overcame the outcome   Answer Question

Information Technology Intern Interview

Information Technology Intern
Bartlesville, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2011.

Interview Details – Was invited for a student leadership forum on-site in Bartlesville. The experience was a 3 day event that was very informative about the operations of the company and different positions available.

Two behavioral interviews were conducted about 30 mins each. They focused mostly on past experience and different problems solved working in teams and such.

Interview Question – Talk about a time where you worked on a team?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The type of work was not pertinent to my interests at the time.

Summit Engineer Interview

Summit Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with six individuals for approximately 40 minutes each and was taken for lunch with two Summit engineers from the summer before. Exactly 2 weeks later, just as they had promised, they emailed me their decision letter with offer. Approx. 6 weeks before my start date I was mailed paperwork for background and hair test information which had to be completed two weeks prior to me starting to obtain HR clearance in time.

Interview Question – what are you worst qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Interview Details – I did not like the personality test. Questions that don't have anything to do with your engineering skills- just having the right answer and being prepared for the curveballs. Why not a skills test? They show you a map of field locations you can go to for your first internship and when you don't act excited about them it is all over.

Interview Question – What locations would you prefer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Attendant Interview

Attendant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2010.

Interview Details – Called me and told me to come in. Then asked me a few questions before saying I started monday.

Interview Question – What kind of worker are you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing but a flexible schedule.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2011.

Interview Details – Visited information session and dropped my resume. Was pre-selected to interview (among 30 others). Interview consisted of behavioral and past experience questions. Also had a short case study regarding a specific job-related scenario. Interview was with two recruiters. Was called a month later with an offer.

Interview Question – Explain how you handled a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConocoPhillips