ConocoPhillips Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2010.

Called me and told me to come in. Then asked me a few questions before saying I started monday.

Interview Questions
    Nothing but a flexible schedule.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2011.

Visited information session and dropped my resume. Was pre-selected to interview (among 30 others). Interview consisted of behavioral and past experience questions. Also had a short case study regarding a specific job-related scenario. Interview was with two recruiters. Was called a month later with an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2012.

I have applied to the position through their corporate website. 2 days later got a call from HR about telephonic interview.

Telephonic interview is more technical and focus on getting a feel about the candidate. Lasted for 30 minutes. Hiring manager and other technical person talked on the phone.

Got a call from HR next day about in person interview in Bartlesville following week. Used company shuttle to fly and stayed there 1 day.

In person interview is the best interview I ever had. Had a tour of ConocoPhilips campus for 30 minutes. It helped me a lot to calm down and focus.
    After the tour they take me into a meeting room. 3 member panel interviewed me. Very friendly and its a two way communication. They asked some technical questions and then some behavioral questions.

After the interview had a lunch with the team.
    Felt very confident after the interview.

Got a call from HR next week and he asked my salary expectations.
    Got the offer letter few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation you did learn new things and how you applied them.   Answer Question
    Not negotiated much. Offered me the salary according to my expectations.
    Very happy.
    Once you tell the salary range they will send you an offer letter with their figure. I don't think there is a scope for negotiation after offer is made.
    They have very good benefits like 401k , pension plan..

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

Applied through my schools website and was selected for and on-campus interview. The interview was all behavioral. Received an a week later for second rounds in the their Bartlesville office. Interviews there where the same as the previous.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2012.

I received a phone call about 2-3 weeks after applying for the position online. I was asked to join them for an onsite interview scheduled for one week later. The interview consisted of two short 30 minute interviews with a panel consisting of 2-3 people in each panel. Everyone was very friendly and the interview process was more like a conversation. They did ask some standard behavior questions to describe a time when you were in a difficult situation, etc. Each member of the panel shared their story and did most of the talking. I was able to respond and react to each of their comments and asked some follow up questions. One of the most comfortable and natural interviews I have ever been through. I received a brief phone call exactly one week after my interview that I would be receiving an email offer from them. This is a company that really feels like a family and I can't wait to get started.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define good performance?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked with either an internal or external party to resolve an issue. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    The negotiation process takes place between an HR specialist and the hiring manager. They communicated my questions and counter offers to them directly and responded back in a very quick and timely manner. Overall, I believe there is room to negotiate but it might be difficult as its done indirectly through HR.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2011.

Lots of situation questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where something unethical or illegal was happening and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2011.

The interview opportunity was given through my University. I applied for the interview and was chosen to be selected out of the pool of applicants. An interview with ConocoPhillips is unlike a typical one. They ask questions that enable them to see what your character is like; leadership skills, working in a team atmosphere, confidence in your abilities. The questions are along the lines of "What is the biggest obstacle that you have come across in your life"....and questions that follow up you answer such as "And how did you handle that situation.". The best advice I have for an interview with this company would be to be honest, be yourself, and be able to talk about 4-7 different times in your life that have shown a successful track record such as school accomplishments, work experiences, and life changing experiences.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the biggest obstacle that you have come across in your life" " And how did you handle it?"   Answer Question
    • "Can you describe a time when you were working with a group and they disagreed with you, when you knew that you were right." "How did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

So, this is after they fly you down for an onsite interview. It involves about 5 different interviews strung out throughout the day, and a presentation you have to give likely on your thesis.

The ideal candidate would be a geologist that did a thesis on shale plays, using numerous types of data including geophysical. Experience with Petra would be a huge plus, and be sure to mention how successful you have been working in a team environment in the past.

NMR Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

The process took 5 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2011.

I started the interview process with an on campus recruiter whom I met several times over a two year period. Based on our interactions I was given a telephone interview. Following that I had a two day site visit that consisted of five one on one interviews and a presentation. In the end the company splitting up resulted in freeze on hiring and no job offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Too many Anecdotal requests, "what would you do" "think of time when"

In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't receive an offer, because I couldn't stand to work with these people, the culture, and day to day grind in a cubicle in Houston.

Interview Questions
    • A time when your ethics have been challenged.   View Answer