ConocoPhillips

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bartlesville, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2012.

Interview Details – I have applied to the position through their corporate website. 2 days later got a call from HR about telephonic interview.

Telephonic interview is more technical and focus on getting a feel about the candidate. Lasted for 30 minutes. Hiring manager and other technical person talked on the phone.

Got a call from HR next day about in person interview in Bartlesville following week. Used company shuttle to fly and stayed there 1 day.

In person interview is the best interview I ever had. Had a tour of ConocoPhilips campus for 30 minutes. It helped me a lot to calm down and focus.
After the tour they take me into a meeting room. 3 member panel interviewed me. Very friendly and its a two way communication. They asked some technical questions and then some behavioral questions.

After the interview had a lunch with the team.
Felt very confident after the interview.

Got a call from HR next week and he asked my salary expectations.
Got the offer letter few days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation you did learn new things and how you applied them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiated much. Offered me the salary according to my expectations.
Very happy.
Once you tell the salary range they will send you an offer letter with their figure. I don't think there is a scope for negotiation after offer is made.
They have very good benefits like 401k , pension plan..

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through my schools website and was selected for and on-campus interview. The interview was all behavioral. Received an a week later for second rounds in the their Bartlesville office. Interviews there where the same as the previous.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite class in school?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call about 2-3 weeks after applying for the position online. I was asked to join them for an onsite interview scheduled for one week later. The interview consisted of two short 30 minute interviews with a panel consisting of 2-3 people in each panel. Everyone was very friendly and the interview process was more like a conversation. They did ask some standard behavior questions to describe a time when you were in a difficult situation, etc. Each member of the panel shared their story and did most of the talking. I was able to respond and react to each of their comments and asked some follow up questions. One of the most comfortable and natural interviews I have ever been through. I received a brief phone call exactly one week after my interview that I would be receiving an email offer from them. This is a company that really feels like a family and I can't wait to get started.

Interview Questions

• How do you define good performance?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you worked with either an internal or external party to resolve an issue. What was the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process takes place between an HR specialist and the hiring manager. They communicated my questions and counter offers to them directly and responded back in a very quick and timely manner. Overall, I believe there is room to negotiate but it might be difficult as its done indirectly through HR.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of situation questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where something unethical or illegal was happening and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview opportunity was given through my University. I applied for the interview and was chosen to be selected out of the pool of applicants. An interview with ConocoPhillips is unlike a typical one. They ask questions that enable them to see what your character is like; leadership skills, working in a team atmosphere, confidence in your abilities. The questions are along the lines of "What is the biggest obstacle that you have come across in your life"....and questions that follow up you answer such as "And how did you handle that situation.". The best advice I have for an interview with this company would be to be honest, be yourself, and be able to talk about 4-7 different times in your life that have shown a successful track record such as school accomplishments, work experiences, and life changing experiences.

Interview Questions

• "What is the biggest obstacle that you have come across in your life" " And how did you handle it?"   Answer Question
  • "Can you describe a time when you were working with a group and they disagreed with you, when you knew that you were right." "How did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

Interview Details – So, this is after they fly you down for an onsite interview. It involves about 5 different interviews strung out throughout the day, and a presentation you have to give likely on your thesis.

The ideal candidate would be a geologist that did a thesis on shale plays, using numerous types of data including geophysical. Experience with Petra would be a huge plus, and be sure to mention how successful you have been working in a team environment in the past.

Interview Question – They asked about deviated boreholes   Answer Question

NMR Scientist Interview

NMR Scientist
Bartlesville, OK

The process took 5 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2011.

Interview Details – I started the interview process with an on campus recruiter whom I met several times over a two year period. Based on our interactions I was given a telephone interview. Following that I had a two day site visit that consisted of five one on one interviews and a presentation. In the end the company splitting up resulted in freeze on hiring and no job offer.

Interview Question – Describe how you were innovative in your research.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Interview Details – Too many Anecdotal requests, "what would you do" "think of time when"

In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't receive an offer, because I couldn't stand to work with these people, the culture, and day to day grind in a cubicle in Houston.

Interview Question – A time when your ethics have been challenged.   View Answer

IT Analyst - Commercial Interview

IT Analyst - Commercial
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was on the phone and it was to find out what i know about the position that i applied for. The second interview was in person with the supervisor, team lead, and business partner. It was to get to know about my background and what i know. A situational scenario test was administered to see what i did in a particular situation. There was no personality test and nothing concerning my personal life.

Interview Question – What i would do if a certain situation arises?   Answer Question

Mechanic, Instrumentation Interview

Mechanic, Instrumentation
Linden, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quite grueling with several rounds of personality testing interspersed with skills testing. This was followed by an in depth background check, a full physical, and a "kinetic ability" test. The company wishes to hire the best, most skilled individuals for any open positions and goes through the trouble to make sure the proper candidates are hired.

Interview Question – If you were stranded on an island wit these individuals(group work), how would you rank the importance of these items for survival?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no ability to negotiate due to union rules.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConocoPhillips