ConocoPhillips Software Developer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2012.

I have applied to the position through their corporate website. 2 days later got a call from HR about telephonic interview.

Telephonic interview is more technical and focus on getting a feel about the candidate. Lasted for 30 minutes. Hiring manager and other technical person talked on the phone.

Got a call from HR next day about in person interview in Bartlesville following week. Used company shuttle to fly and stayed there 1 day.

In person interview is the best interview I ever had. Had a tour of ConocoPhilips campus for 30 minutes. It helped me a lot to calm down and focus.
After the tour they take me into a meeting room. 3 member panel interviewed me. Very friendly and its a two way communication. They asked some technical questions and then some behavioral questions.

After the interview had a lunch with the team.
Felt very confident after the interview.

Got a call from HR next week and he asked my salary expectations.
Got the offer letter few days later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation you did learn new things and how you applied them.   Answer Question
Not negotiated much. Offered me the salary according to my expectations.
Very happy.
Once you tell the salary range they will send you an offer letter with their figure. I don't think there is a scope for negotiation after offer is made.
They have very good benefits like 401k , pension plan..