ConocoPhillips

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summit Engineer Interview

Summit Engineer
Houston, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details – Interviewed at a job fair and a site visit a few weeks later at the HQ in Houston. Interviewed with 5 different people who asked a lot of cliche behavioral questions from what I believe was a prepared list. Everyone I met with seemed professional and pleasant. Didn't hear back from this company for 3 WEEKS after this interview, but was finally given a verbal offer (salary, start date, etc).
Was told to expect an official written offer in a few days, then was asked for my college transcript which no one had asked for during this whole process. Didn't hear anything for a few days, then received a call saying they were retracting my offer due to lower than expected grades on my transcript.
Obviously I thought this was poorly handled, if it was so important to them why did they not ask for it before?
 I recommend you take a strong look at this program before you potentially waste over a month of your time with these people like I did.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you used your technical abilities to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Summit Engineer Interview

Summit Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with six individuals for approximately 40 minutes each and was taken for lunch with two Summit engineers from the summer before. Exactly 2 weeks later, just as they had promised, they emailed me their decision letter with offer. Approx. 6 weeks before my start date I was mailed paperwork for background and hair test information which had to be completed two weeks prior to me starting to obtain HR clearance in time.

Interview Question – what are you worst qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Worked for ConocoPhillips? Contribute to the Community!