Conservation International

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Manager Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Conservation International.

Interview Details – Phone, Video and in person interviews with mostly behavioral questions. I interviewed with about 5 people.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about conservation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some back and forth but not a lot of play in the offer. I think I went up $4,000

Media Manager Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Conservation International in February 2014.

Interview Details – CI has a tough hiring process. I felt the interview was thorough and fair. But I will never pursue another opportunity with them. Why? Even though I didn't get the job, I think it's only fair that they get back to me and tell me. They never even wrote a 1-line email. I find that hurtful and frankly unprofessional.

Interview Question – What I thought of Instagram.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Conservation International

Interview Details – Why you want to work with us?

Communications Director Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Conservation International.

Interview Details – Smooth interview process which was helped by the fact they had been recruiting for this position for a long time and I was a good fit. The quickly moved forward and provided relocation assistance.

Negotiation Details – Yes. They made the position a higher level with more salary per my request.

Finance Intern Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Conservation International in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online, got called by hr, then a phone interview was setup, and after that a person interview was setup. After all paper work was submitted I got the job.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult thing you have done.   Answer Question

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Conservation International in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews - one phone, and one in person. I was very pleased with how quickly they moved along - my in-person was within 2 weeks of my phone interview. Interview questions were very standard, nothing that I could not answer. Ultimately I did not get the job, but the person I interviewed with thanked me personally for coming in.

Interview Question – Asked why I wanted to work with CI - this is difficult, because I think they are looking for some passion-inspired, overarching answer to why someone would want to work for a nonprofit, specifically theirs.   View Answer

Associate Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Conservation International in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for job and got an email back requesting a phone interview. We had the standard questions - why are you interested in this job, your work experience, etc.. This phone interview was only with one person - the coordinator of the team that I would be working with. That was successful and they asked me in for a second, in person panel interview, which consisted of the core members of the team. Pretty relaxed - it seemed like the second interview was mostly for finding out about my personality, interacting with me in person, and seeing my body language in addition to my answers for the interview questions.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in conservation (my experience did not show any conservation interests or background)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a minimally higher salary but I shot myself in the foot because I made it very clear that I was going to be taking this job even if they did not increase the salary. Also only had one round of negotiations - felt like I could have negotiated harder. Negotiations also probably depend on the time of year - if it's early or late in the fiscal year (June), then you can probably negotiate better because they're either developing the budget or they have a full pot to work from.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Conservation International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Conservation International interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Conservation International employees and interview candidates.