Consolidated Electrical Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.7

Credit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Consolidated Electrical (Cary, NC).

Interview

I believe I applied via Craigslist and received a reply to come interview fairly soon after. I was told that if they did want to keep bringing me back for interviews, that it would be at least a month long process, as it is with a lot of businesses. (If you're looking for a quick hire, look elsewhere.)

They train you for about 2 years or a little longer, and then strongly encourage you to relocate to a different branch and run the credit division of that office. This position is for people who are looking to move. They hire from within for the credit manager position, so you will need to go where there are openings, but it sounded like they'd work with you if you have a specific area in mind that you'd like to relocate to.

I had about a 20 minute interview with the credit manager who will be conducting the training. He told me about the position and company with a condescending tone, and then he asked about my past work experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the position; Though, I was wondering why he even extended an interview invitation since his attitude led me to believe that he had his mind made up that I wasn't a good fit from the beginning.

After that, a lady brought me two tests to complete. One was a timed 12 minute math and English test. No one finishes; they just see how far you can get and how accurate you are. After that was a 185 question personality test that is filled out on a scantron.

All in all, I was there about an hour or a little longer. It seems like a great company to work for overall (stable and established), but even if I had been asked to go back for a Round 2 interview, I probably would have passed because of the personality clash with the current credit manager who'd be doing the training--just personal preference. Also, the job pays around $36k/year with minimal bonuses.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you out of all the other candidates? Why are you the best fit for the position?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview

Interview process was thorough. Contained a combination of testing and several interviews, There is the option of becoming a sales trainee or management trainee. They look for people who are able to relocate. Whole experience is difficult but fulfilling. Interviewers were intense but professional.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Interview

Easy interview, asked what makes a good leader and personal questions about my leading and learning style.

Interview Questions

• Provide a specific example of where someone disagreed with your leadership and how did you confront it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, just a set pay at 12.00/hr and and offer to accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

First round - phone. After that it depends. I did 3 interviews. But the big issue is having to take around 3 IQ tests, and 2-4 personality tests. Overall, it takes about a month to get hired if you are aggressively setting up interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not too much negotiation, they offer you a job and a salary and its your decision to take it.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview

Took 2 intelligence exams and then 2 more behavioral exams.

Interview Questions

• If you could say something to the whole world in 30 seconds what would you say?   Answer Question

Interview

Meet with 2 managers at a career fair, initially very excited about opportunity and sounded like a great program. Went for my first in-person interview was about 1.5 hours with a wonderlic test at the end. Manager was okay but disclosed in the interview that he was holding the position for his nephew.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, asked about things on resume and previous jobs. Hardest question "Describe a time that you had a failed and how did you get past that?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical (Laguna Niguel, CA).

Interview

The Manager of a store emailed one of my college professors regarding the position. I emailed him and he called me in for an interview. There were three interviews and they were behavioral and personality type interviews more than anything. After the first interview I went in for some testing and after that I had my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of the electrical industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview

This process is ridiculous. There are 2 math tests and 1 psych test. This takes up 3 hours of your time and does not pertain to any aspect of your job.

Interview Questions

• The psych test asks you questions that there is no right or wrong answer for, however it leaves them open to not hire you if they choose not to, because "Your answers are not what they are looking for" when they told you all along that there is no wrong answer.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Started off by talking to them at a career fair, very laid back and a lot of fun. Moved on to interview the next day. Then moved on to take a very long personality test. A week later was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were to difficult, they emphasize being yourself because the personality test will show if you're lying and there is no point in faking it to get a job and end up unhappy.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview

A little too much focus on the psych testing in my opinion. A little short on the face to face side. It can take a month to get through the process.

Interview Questions

• *paraphrasing* Are you prepared to be paid less and hold out for profit sharing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We can't pay you more than this...