Consolidated Electrical

Relevance Date Difficulty

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in January 2012.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews. All of them included taking numerous tests, which were hours long. After having to take all of the tests, I was promised to see the results, however that never occurred. I was already working when the manager sent me to take a drug test. After the testing, I was taken on a tour around the office and warehouse.

Interview Question – I was forced to take the Wonderlic Test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a strict $13.50 per hour or nothing at all.

Shipping & Receiving Interview

Shipping & Receiving
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in May 2013.

Interview Details – Standard Interview process. 1:1. Also, took some personality, skills and IQ tests which I found interesting for the position I was applying for. Very laid back and comfortable interview. I had previous work experience in the electrical industry, and knew some of the employees, so that helped me out. Must complete post offer, pre-employment drug screening.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses? Some of the personality tests were just tedious and unnecessary.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got a call within a week of interviewing and was offered the position.

Internship Interview

Internship
Sacramento, CA

Interviewed at Consolidated Electrical

Interview Details – Easy interview, asked what makes a good leader and personal questions about my leading and learning style.

Interview Question – Provide a specific example of where someone disagreed with your leadership and how did you confront it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a set pay at 12.00/hr and and offer to accept

City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview Details – First round - phone. After that it depends. I did 3 interviews. But the big issue is having to take around 3 IQ tests, and 2-4 personality tests. Overall, it takes about a month to get hired if you are aggressively setting up interviews.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is not too much negotiation, they offer you a job and a salary and its your decision to take it.

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview Details – Took 2 intelligence exams and then 2 more behavioral exams.

Interview Question – If you could say something to the whole world in 30 seconds what would you say?   Answer Question

Manager Training Program Interview

Manager Training Program

Interviewed at Consolidated Electrical

Interview Details – Meet with 2 managers at a career fair, initially very excited about opportunity and sounded like a great program. Went for my first in-person interview was about 1.5 hours with a wonderlic test at the end. Manager was okay but disclosed in the interview that he was holding the position for his nephew.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions, asked about things on resume and previous jobs. Hardest question "Describe a time that you had a failed and how did you get past that?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in September 2011.

Interview Details – The only semi-difficult part was the testing beforehand. After that, easy peasy.

Interview Question – None. If you're college educated, you're in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my hourly rate, but I should have asked for more.

Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview Details – The Manager of a store emailed one of my college professors regarding the position. I emailed him and he called me in for an interview. There were three interviews and they were behavioral and personality type interviews more than anything. After the first interview I went in for some testing and after that I had my final interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a part of the electrical industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview Details – This process is ridiculous. There are 2 math tests and 1 psych test. This takes up 3 hours of your time and does not pertain to any aspect of your job.

Interview Question – The psych test asks you questions that there is no right or wrong answer for, however it leaves them open to not hire you if they choose not to, because "Your answers are not what they are looking for" when they told you all along that there is no wrong answer.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in August 2012.

Interview Details – You need to stay very involved in the process, this company has a very long on boarding process, I came in several times and met with different people each time

Interview Question – They preform a 4 hour physic evaluation   Answer Question

Worked for Consolidated Electrical? Contribute to the Community!