Consolidated Electrical Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview process was thorough. Contained a combination of testing and several interviews, There is the option of becoming a sales trainee or management trainee. They look for people who are able to relocate. Whole experience is difficult but fulfilling. Interviewers were intense but professional.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in January 2012.

I went through 3 interviews. All of them included taking numerous tests, which were hours long. After having to take all of the tests, I was promised to see the results, however that never occurred. I was already working when the manager sent me to take a drug test. After the testing, I was taken on a tour around the office and warehouse.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was a strict $13.50 per hour or nothing at all.

Shipping & Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in May 2013.

Standard Interview process. 1:1. Also, took some personality, skills and IQ tests which I found interesting for the position I was applying for. Very laid back and comfortable interview. I had previous work experience in the electrical industry, and knew some of the employees, so that helped me out. Must complete post offer, pre-employment drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses? Some of the personality tests were just tedious and unnecessary.   View Answer
    I got a call within a week of interviewing and was offered the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Easy interview, asked what makes a good leader and personal questions about my leading and learning style.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a specific example of where someone disagreed with your leadership and how did you confront it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just a set pay at 12.00/hr and and offer to accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

First round - phone. After that it depends. I did 3 interviews. But the big issue is having to take around 3 IQ tests, and 2-4 personality tests. Overall, it takes about a month to get hired if you are aggressively setting up interviews.

Interview Questions
    There is not too much negotiation, they offer you a job and a salary and its your decision to take it.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Took 2 intelligence exams and then 2 more behavioral exams.

Interview Questions
    • If you could say something to the whole world in 30 seconds what would you say?   Answer Question

Manager Training Program Interview

Meet with 2 managers at a career fair, initially very excited about opportunity and sounded like a great program. Went for my first in-person interview was about 1.5 hours with a wonderlic test at the end. Manager was okay but disclosed in the interview that he was holding the position for his nephew.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, asked about things on resume and previous jobs. Hardest question "Describe a time that you had a failed and how did you get past that?"   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in September 2011.

The only semi-difficult part was the testing beforehand. After that, easy peasy.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my hourly rate, but I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

The Manager of a store emailed one of my college professors regarding the position. I emailed him and he called me in for an interview. There were three interviews and they were behavioral and personality type interviews more than anything. After the first interview I went in for some testing and after that I had my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a part of the electrical industry?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

This process is ridiculous. There are 2 math tests and 1 psych test. This takes up 3 hours of your time and does not pertain to any aspect of your job.

Interview Questions
    • The psych test asks you questions that there is no right or wrong answer for, however it leaves them open to not hire you if they choose not to, because "Your answers are not what they are looking for" when they told you all along that there is no wrong answer.   View Answer

Worked for Consolidated Electrical? Contribute to the Community!