Consolidated Electrical Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.6

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview process was thorough. Contained a combination of testing and several interviews, There is the option of becoming a sales trainee or management trainee. They look for people who are able to relocate. Whole experience is difficult but fulfilling. Interviewers were intense but professional.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Easy interview, asked what makes a good leader and personal questions about my leading and learning style.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a specific example of where someone disagreed with your leadership and how did you confront it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just a set pay at 12.00/hr and and offer to accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

First round - phone. After that it depends. I did 3 interviews. But the big issue is having to take around 3 IQ tests, and 2-4 personality tests. Overall, it takes about a month to get hired if you are aggressively setting up interviews.

Interview Questions
    There is not too much negotiation, they offer you a job and a salary and its your decision to take it.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Took 2 intelligence exams and then 2 more behavioral exams.

Interview Questions
    • If you could say something to the whole world in 30 seconds what would you say?   Answer Question

Manager Training Program Interview

Meet with 2 managers at a career fair, initially very excited about opportunity and sounded like a great program. Went for my first in-person interview was about 1.5 hours with a wonderlic test at the end. Manager was okay but disclosed in the interview that he was holding the position for his nephew.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, asked about things on resume and previous jobs. Hardest question "Describe a time that you had a failed and how did you get past that?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

The Manager of a store emailed one of my college professors regarding the position. I emailed him and he called me in for an interview. There were three interviews and they were behavioral and personality type interviews more than anything. After the first interview I went in for some testing and after that I had my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a part of the electrical industry?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

This process is ridiculous. There are 2 math tests and 1 psych test. This takes up 3 hours of your time and does not pertain to any aspect of your job.

Interview Questions
    • The psych test asks you questions that there is no right or wrong answer for, however it leaves them open to not hire you if they choose not to, because "Your answers are not what they are looking for" when they told you all along that there is no wrong answer.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Started off by talking to them at a career fair, very laid back and a lot of fun. Moved on to interview the next day. Then moved on to take a very long personality test. A week later was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were to difficult, they emphasize being yourself because the personality test will show if you're lying and there is no point in faking it to get a job and end up unhappy.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

A little too much focus on the psych testing in my opinion. A little short on the face to face side. It can take a month to get through the process.

Interview Questions
    • *paraphrasing* Are you prepared to be paid less and hold out for profit sharing?   View Answer
    We can't pay you more than this...

Shipping & Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Electrical in May 2013.

Standard Interview process. 1:1. Also, took some personality, skills and IQ tests which I found interesting for the position I was applying for. Very laid back and comfortable interview. I had previous work experience in the electrical industry, and knew some of the employees, so that helped me out. Must complete post offer, pre-employment drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses? Some of the personality tests were just tedious and unnecessary.   View Answer
    I got a call within a week of interviewing and was offered the position.

Worked for Consolidated Electrical? Contribute to the Community!