Consolidated Electrical

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Interview process was thorough. Contained a combination of testing and several interviews, There is the option of becoming a sales trainee or management trainee. They look for people who are able to relocate. Whole experience is difficult but fulfilling. Interviewers were intense but professional.

Other Interview Reviews for Consolidated Electrical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

First round - phone. After that it depends. I did 3 interviews. But the big issue is having to take around 3 IQ tests, and 2-4 personality tests. Overall, it takes about a month to get hired if you are aggressively setting up interviews.

Interview Questions
    There is not too much negotiation, they offer you a job and a salary and its your decision to take it.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Took 2 intelligence exams and then 2 more behavioral exams.

Interview Questions
    • If you could say something to the whole world in 30 seconds what would you say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

The Manager of a store emailed one of my college professors regarding the position. I emailed him and he called me in for an interview. There were three interviews and they were behavioral and personality type interviews more than anything. After the first interview I went in for some testing and after that I had my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a part of the electrical industry?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Consolidated Electrical.

Short 15 minute interview. General questions regarding leadership experience, overview of resume. This is followed by a 50 question IQ test with a 12 minute time limit.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but was told most people got it wrong. "What is 15% of $7.00?"   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Met with two company representatives at my school's career fair, both were very polite and friendly guys. After the career fair I was offered an interview with an initial phone interview and then an on site an interview. The phone interview primarily involved basic "fit" questions, whereas the on site interview involved common interview questions about my leadership abilities and involved an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

After getting a better understanding of the work culture and environment I was dissuaded from working with CED.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical in March 2013.

Tour of facility followed by 4 tests. Two timed intelligence tests, one of which was the wonderlic. Two personality tests including the 16PF.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical in October 2012.

- Met them through a career fair, and got a follow up interview. It went really well until a 50-question IQ test with only 12 minutes!! You kidding me? I DARE managers and recruiters (including the interviewers) to take this test and pass it themselves in 12 minutes. Too bad that I enjoyed the interview ended this way because I enjoyed it at first.

Interview Questions
    • - An IQ exam? Seriously?? I understand that various aspects of management require numerical and logical talents, but come on now, how many studies have been conducted on the ineffectiveness of such tests to really measure candidate's talents and capabilities. At least give the candidates a heads up before the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical in February 2012.

I went through the hiring process via my school career fair. I met with one of the representatives and gave him my resume and received a phone call about 3 days later for an interview. The interview was a 2:1 interview and it wasn't too bad as it was mostly behavioral questions. I then took an IQ and behavioral test directly following the interview. I was unsure as to how I performed on the test as the questions seemed rather ambiguous. I then received a follow-up 1:1 interview with one of the store managers which was way less formal. I received a phone call about a week later with an offer to work in one of their locations.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as the hourly rate seemed to be set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Electrical in August 2011.

The interview process for this company was quite easy and simple. I used a staffing agency to get their attention. I was called quickly to set-up a 1 on 1 interview. I interviewed with a profit center manager. He applied to be very nice and the environment of the office was busy. My interview with the profit center manager lasted about an hour. With this company, you are supposed to say that you want to move on to the next level to be taken seriously. After my successful first interview, we set-up a time to do the personality test and IQ test. These IQ test are just like its SAT all over again. The test was mostly arithmetic, word problems, and spatial skills. You are timed on both IQ tests. After the IQ test, you are given a tour of a profit center and given time to talk to one trainee who is going through the process at some level. After the conversation, I took 2 personality tests. After that I was allowed to leave, it took about a week to get the results back.