Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions

2.5

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Madison Heights, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

Very easy overall process. If they like you and you are a reasonable person they will offer you a job. If you have other options I would recommend pursuing those before considering accepting this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. You receive a cookie cutter offer and they will not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Laurel, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Turnover his constant at this company, and they have hiring quotas, but they won't hire someone who seems unintelligent. They look for sharp people who LIKE overtime - lots of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option, all associates are paid the same, despite cost of living differences.

Associate- LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

I saw the CGX recruiters at a College Jobs Fair and wasn't at first interested because they seemed to be looking for hard labor. The next day I received a text message from them saying they were impressed and wanted to schedule an interview. I didn't reply then I received an email prompting me to go online and schedule an interview. I still didn't do that so a couple of weeks latter I got call from a recruiter asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview with a president and I said sure why not, got nothing to lose. The interview was pretty standard, just asked to tell a little bit about myself and mainly wanted to make sure that I understood that the first year of the program would be manual labor and that I wasn't intimidated by that. Halfway through the interview he invited me to come in for an on site interview at their plant next week.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you/what makes you stand out?   Answer Question
    • Over the past year, name something either in school or work that you feel you’ve performed exceptionally well at.   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Columbia, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

Not a bad interview, most of it is situational quesitons, and the interviewers telling you about the company, and what exactly you will be doing. Want potential employees to know it is a hard working enviroment with opportunity, but hard work first.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

I had 3 interviews that morning, a lunch, then two more that afternoon. I met some very nice and genuine people, I just found a better option for me. The president (Patsy) is very nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate- LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Irvine, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was at a college career fair and the recruiter schedule me an interview for the day after, I met with the company president for an one on one interview. The interview lasted for half an hour and he asked question like " how do you think other people perceive you?" and " are you more of an organizer or creator?" Go prepared and do research on the company and the program ahead of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Medford, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone else in the Leadership Development Program that is currently located in Washington D.C. He was extremely friendly and great to talk to. He forwarded my info to a local company that they own and I am going for a 1:1 interview this week. Most of the interview was him talking about the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone from a different culture/background.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in May 2011.

Interview

I was recruited and interviewed at a college job fair, screened for relocation on a 1:1 phone interview, and completed a site visit for a panel interview. I was interviewed mostly by other LDP associates, and spent only 10 minutes with members of management. They read questions off a sheet, and they are mostly all standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with people that are different from you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation--standard base salary across the board.

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in April 2011.

Interview

Interview is typically laid back. Wear a suit or the equivalent to the interview. Most questions are your standard interview questions. You will start with an on campus or phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on campus interview is typically 20-30 minutes with the president of the interviewing company, sometimes an associate, and yourself. The on-site interview is different for each company. Ours is as follows tour of facility, VP of Sales, VP of production, all associates of company, lunch with two associates, and interview w president.

Interview Questions

• People say that print is dying. Where do you see it going?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiating...It is what it is.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Buffalo Grove, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a one on one interview that consists of 5 different people, 4 of them currently doing the Leadership Development Program. They all asked the same questions: tell me a little bit about yourself, and do you have any questions for me? The last person I'm supposed to talk to is the senior manager, but something went wrong in their print room so I didn't get to talk to him. It was pretty unprofessional of them to do this to a job applicant, especially when this interview was scheduled over half a month ago. Moreover, many of the associates who interviewed me didn't seem particularly smart nor do they seem genuinely passionate about their jobs. One of them looked extremely stressed and keep bitching about how much work and giving negative comments during the interview, which makes me really lost interest in this company. My friend also interviewed in this company and they made him wait over half an hour and didn't even have a room for him to interview. Overall, I felt like there wasn't an intelligent conversation even though I tried asking question for them to give insights. Moreover, they seemed to not care about diversity, values, and personal qualities. The only important thing seemed to be to get the work done by the deadline. If a good characteristic of a good company is empowering their employees and caring for them individually, there seemed to be none of that. Also, their responses to my questions seemed very rehearsed and sometimes don't really answer my question.