Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions & Reviews

60 interviews

2.5

Anonymous Employee  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2012.

First Interview: Questions were situational & behavioral. Very laid back and not too stressful. One question "How would you handle or approach working in an industry that is not glamorous with well known brands?" "Give me an example of a time when you had to make a big decision without the guidance of a supervisor."

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle or approach working in an industry that is not glamorous with well known brands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in February 2011.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, and on-campus interview, and an on-site interview. The on-site interview is an all-day event so be ready. Also be ready to answer situational questions and be able to sell that you are a hard worker.

Don't count on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in November 2011.

Turnover his constant at this company, and they have hiring quotas, but they won't hire someone who seems unintelligent. They look for sharp people who LIKE overtime - lots of it.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not an option, all associates are paid the same, despite cost of living differences.

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in March 2012.

I interviewed first through my university, then was flown out to the Durham location after I expressed interest in relocating to North Carolina. The associates were very nice and when they picked me up from the airport and made me feel very comfortable and seemed excited that I was there. During the interview, the hiring managers seemed very disorganized in their questions and didn't have a clear path as to where the interview was supposed to go. They seemed very pleasant but had a hard time answering my questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Consolidated Graphics, specifically about PBM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in January 2012.

The two recruiters I spoke with were very nice and helpful in the interview process. They were both still within the LDP phase themselves, but were very knowledgeable about the company, which conveyed to me the effectiveness of the LDP. The organizational culture seems relaxed and centered around teamwork, and made me feel valuable with the time and training they were willing to invest in me. Relevant work experience should be your most important consideration when it comes to working for consolidated graphics. Experience and hard work is definitely what i plan to get out of this job in order to be competitive in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a management position and what you did to handle the situation?   View Answer
    • What do you know about the LDP (Leadership Development Program)?   View Answer
    From what I've heard they don't negotiate on salary. The recruiter told me that they are basically paying for you to learn all about the commercial printing business from the ground up the first 3 years. I believe that once they feel like you've learned everything that is required in order to start making contributions to their company, thats when you should expect to realize some kind of raise and/or promotion.

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2011.

I had 3 interviews that morning, a lunch, then two more that afternoon. I met some very nice and genuine people, I just found a better option for me. The president (Patsy) is very nice and understanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2011.

Not a bad interview, most of it is situational quesitons, and the interviewers telling you about the company, and what exactly you will be doing. Want potential employees to know it is a hard working enviroment with opportunity, but hard work first.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, set salary.

Associate- LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in November 2011.

I saw the CGX recruiters at a College Jobs Fair and wasn't at first interested because they seemed to be looking for hard labor. The next day I received a text message from them saying they were impressed and wanted to schedule an interview. I didn't reply then I received an email prompting me to go online and schedule an interview. I still didn't do that so a couple of weeks latter I got call from a recruiter asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview with a president and I said sure why not, got nothing to lose. The interview was pretty standard, just asked to tell a little bit about myself and mainly wanted to make sure that I understood that the first year of the program would be manual labor and that I wasn't intimidated by that. Halfway through the interview he invited me to come in for an on site interview at their plant next week.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you/what makes you stand out?   Answer Question
    • Over the past year, name something either in school or work that you feel you’ve performed exceptionally well at.   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Associate- LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2011.

I was at a college career fair and the recruiter schedule me an interview for the day after, I met with the company president for an one on one interview. The interview lasted for half an hour and he asked question like " how do you think other people perceive you?" and " are you more of an organizer or creator?"
    Go prepared and do research on the company and the program ahead of time.

Anonymous Employee  in  Medford, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in June 2011.

I was interviewed by someone else in the Leadership Development Program that is currently located in Washington D.C. He was extremely friendly and great to talk to. He forwarded my info to a local company that they own and I am going for a 1:1 interview this week. Most of the interview was him talking about the program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone from a different culture/background.   View Answer