Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2014
Updated Apr 18, 2014

2.5

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

You do not have to know anything about print or the industry.

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

The hiring process starts with either a phone or short discussion interview. It then goes on to a on-site, than to a general manager. The interview isn't complicated and the hiring process seems a bit sketchy. I'd be nice to get interviewed by experienced talent scouters not just employees who have been there for awhile.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2012.

I applied through my career services website and received an email to interview on campus a week or two later. I had one interview on campus and was told I will be notified if a positions opens up within the next six months or so. The interview was primarily behavioral, such as where do you see yourself in five years, biggest strength, biggest weakness. Also a lot of analysis of my resume, asking about each position/experience listed. He asked what I know about Consolidated Graphics, too so be sure to research the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you have been disappointed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

one interview, behavioral

Interview Questions
    • how would you deal with different people of different educational background?   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in May 2011.

There were a series of about 2 or 3 initial phone interviews. They consisted of basic questions about my previous work experience, how I would react in certain situations, what sorts of conflicts had I encountered in a work or group setting and how did I deal with those. After completing these interviews satisfactorily I was invited to visit an operating company for an in person interview. This was basically the same sort of questioning procedure only it was in person. There is also a plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you have encountered and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't much negotiation, either you accept the offer or they offer the job to someone else. You may be able to bargain for some more vacation time or something but I wouldn't count on it.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in February 2012.

1:1 interview with head of local branch. Basic line of interview questions, although from the get-go it seemed like he had no interest in the interview. After some asking, the job and overall work the company seemed not interesting at all.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in April 2012.

I first found out about Consolidated Graphics at my campus' job fair. I met with two friendly recruiters who were actually in the Leadership Development Program themselves. After talking with them, I scheduled an on-campus interview with them later in the month. At the on-campus interview, I was 1:1 with a LDP Associate and she asked me the very basic interview questions. After I nailed the interview, I received an email the following day that informed me that I had qualified for an on-site interview. I chose to interview at a company in Maryland as it was closest to me. At the on-site interview I had a series of interviews (1:1 with operations manger and a panel interview with other LDP Associates).

Interview Questions

I declined to continue with the hiring process because I was not satisfied with what the company had to offer. The location of the job was terrible, the compensation was extremely low, even for an entry-level job, and the benefits were almost non-existent.

Associate- LDP Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in April 2012.

The second step in the recruiting process consists of an on-site interview. It lasts from 9am-2pm. You interview with all of the managers at the location you interview at, tour the office, meet and interview with all associates at the same time, have lunch with a couple of them, and then interview with the president. Long drawn out interview process all in one day. Kind of sucks doing all of that and then not getting hired, but good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over all of the other people we are interviewing?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you are a extrovert, in an office full of introverts? How do you motivate these people to work? Why are they important?   View Answer

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in May 2011.

My interviewer was over 15 minutes late to a 30 minute interview. She continued to state how frustrated she was that other people made her late and took no responsibility. Then I felt like she was convincing me out of the job because I was over qualified. It was all very strange. I was offered a follow up interview, but have not pursued it due to the lack of professionalism in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • This is not a desk job. Are you willing to get hands on and learn the printing business?   Answer Question

Associate- LDP Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in February 2010.

Normally, you either have a phone interview or an on campus interview. The next step is an onsite interview with the company you would like to start with. During this interview, you will have a round table interview with upper management and associates followed by a one-on-one interview with the president.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. Tell me about a time you were in a leadership position.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable on everything.

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!