Consolidated Graphics

Consolidated Graphics LDP Associate Interview Questions

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ldp Associate Interview

Coming right out of college, this is a great opportunity. Since being an LDP Associate I've been able to travel and meet many people within the print industry. The interview process varies on which company you interview. My experience was a long process but not as intimidating as expected.

Interview Questions
  • Print production questions (but only because I had no prior experience)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Consolidated Graphics

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Then after about a week received a job offer.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics in December 2011.

Very easy overall process. If they like you and you are a reasonable person they will offer you a job. If you have other options I would recommend pursuing those before considering accepting this position.

Interview Questions
    There was none. You receive a cookie cutter offer and they will not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics in November 2011.

I saw the CGX recruiters at a College Jobs Fair and wasn't at first interested because they seemed to be looking for hard labor. The next day I received a text message from them saying they were impressed and wanted to schedule an interview. I didn't reply then I received an email prompting me to go online and schedule an interview. I still didn't do that so a couple of weeks latter I got call from a recruiter asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview with a president and I said sure why not, got nothing to lose. The interview was pretty standard, just asked to tell a little bit about myself and mainly wanted to make sure that I understood that the first year of the program would be manual labor and that I wasn't intimidated by that. Halfway through the interview he invited me to come in for an on site interview at their plant next week.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you/what makes you stand out?   Answer Question
    • Over the past year, name something either in school or work that you feel you’ve performed exceptionally well at.   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2011.

I was at a college career fair and the recruiter schedule me an interview for the day after, I met with the company president for an one on one interview. The interview lasted for half an hour and he asked question like " how do you think other people perceive you?" and " are you more of an organizer or creator?"
    Go prepared and do research on the company and the program ahead of time.

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics in April 2011.

Interview is typically laid back. Wear a suit or the equivalent to the interview. Most questions are your standard interview questions. You will start with an on campus or phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on campus interview is typically 20-30 minutes with the president of the interviewing company, sometimes an associate, and yourself. The on-site interview is different for each company. Ours is as follows tour of facility, VP of Sales, VP of production, all associates of company, lunch with two associates, and interview w president.

Interview Questions
    • People say that print is dying. Where do you see it going?   View Answer
    No, negotiating...It is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics in November 2010.

Came across consolidated graphics at the University Career Show Case. I displayed interest for the LDP program since I already have printing experience. The recruiter was crey nice and professional and within 1 week a received a phone interview with one of the Project Managers at one of the CGX printing companies. Questions weren't terribly difficult, they were almost all situational. Have you deal with employee conflict, insubordination? Why do you want to work for CGX? They also asked my top 3 preferred locations to move to. After the phone interview, I wass invited to an onsite interview in Buffalo Grove, IL. The CGX company I visit was very impressive and the inteview was a bit more difficult than the phone interview. 5-6 LDP associate took their turns interviewing me and finally I got to meet the president. The overall Interview process took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Money. For my situation the salary offer was not enough. CGX does not negotiate the LDP associate salaries. This program is strictly for those that can live cheaply for the duration of the program (i.e. No family, No kids). I would say the program is well worth it, it pays off. That is, if you can afford to bite the bullet for 3 years.

Associate- LDP Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics in December 2008.

Phone interview is to weed out candidates. Typical questions about education and experiences followed by behavioral questions. Typical behavorial questions - Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and how to did you approach it. Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.

Onsite interview will consist of a plant tour and then 1:1 interviews with mangers and other associates usually followed by a group lunch.

Interview Questions
    • How does your education or experience prepare you for a manufacturing enviroment.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to join the LDP program.   View Answer
    No room

Associate- LDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Campus interview with the President and an associate, then onsite interview with president/ controller/associates for a day. Rather simple questions mostly to see if you will fit in with the group, they do not care much about knowledge. People even get hired with under the 3.0

none, they wont let you

Associate- LDP Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Consolidated Graphics in April 2012.

The second step in the recruiting process consists of an on-site interview. It lasts from 9am-2pm. You interview with all of the managers at the location you interview at, tour the office, meet and interview with all associates at the same time, have lunch with a couple of them, and then interview with the president. Long drawn out interview process all in one day. Kind of sucks doing all of that and then not getting hired, but good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over all of the other people we are interviewing?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you are a extrovert, in an office full of introverts? How do you motivate these people to work? Why are they important?   View Answer