Consolidated Graphics

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Consolidated Graphics

Interview Details – Coming right out of college, this is a great opportunity. Since being an LDP Associate I've been able to travel and meet many people within the print industry. The interview process varies on which company you interview. My experience was a long process but not as intimidating as expected.

Interview Question – Print production questions (but only because I had no prior experience)   Answer Question

Madison Heights, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy overall process. If they like you and you are a reasonable person they will offer you a job. If you have other options I would recommend pursuing those before considering accepting this position.

Interview Question – None of the questions are very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. You receive a cookie cutter offer and they will not negotiate.

LDP Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Then after about a week received a job offer.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. Pretty normal stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

LDP Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is typically laid back. Wear a suit or the equivalent to the interview. Most questions are your standard interview questions. You will start with an on campus or phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on campus interview is typically 20-30 minutes with the president of the interviewing company, sometimes an associate, and yourself. The on-site interview is different for each company. Ours is as follows tour of facility, VP of Sales, VP of production, all associates of company, lunch with two associates, and interview w president.

Interview Question – People say that print is dying. Where do you see it going?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, negotiating...It is what it is.

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in November 2011.

Interview Details – I saw the CGX recruiters at a College Jobs Fair and wasn't at first interested because they seemed to be looking for hard labor. The next day I received a text message from them saying they were impressed and wanted to schedule an interview. I didn't reply then I received an email prompting me to go online and schedule an interview. I still didn't do that so a couple of weeks latter I got call from a recruiter asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview with a president and I said sure why not, got nothing to lose. The interview was pretty standard, just asked to tell a little bit about myself and mainly wanted to make sure that I understood that the first year of the program would be manual labor and that I wasn't intimidated by that. Halfway through the interview he invited me to come in for an on site interview at their plant next week.

Interview Questions

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was at a college career fair and the recruiter schedule me an interview for the day after, I met with the company president for an one on one interview. The interview lasted for half an hour and he asked question like " how do you think other people perceive you?" and " are you more of an organizer or creator?"
Go prepared and do research on the company and the program ahead of time.

Interview Question – Why do you want this opportunity?   Answer Question

Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in November 2010.

Interview Details – Came across consolidated graphics at the University Career Show Case. I displayed interest for the LDP program since I already have printing experience. The recruiter was crey nice and professional and within 1 week a received a phone interview with one of the Project Managers at one of the CGX printing companies. Questions weren't terribly difficult, they were almost all situational. Have you deal with employee conflict, insubordination? Why do you want to work for CGX? They also asked my top 3 preferred locations to move to. After the phone interview, I wass invited to an onsite interview in Buffalo Grove, IL. The CGX company I visit was very impressive and the inteview was a bit more difficult than the phone interview. 5-6 LDP associate took their turns interviewing me and finally I got to meet the president. The overall Interview process took about 5 hours.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Money. For my situation the salary offer was not enough. CGX does not negotiate the LDP associate salaries. This program is strictly for those that can live cheaply for the duration of the program (i.e. No family, No kids). I would say the program is well worth it, it pays off. That is, if you can afford to bite the bullet for 3 years.

Associate- LDP

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in December 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview is to weed out candidates. Typical questions about education and experiences followed by behavioral questions. Typical behavorial questions - Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and how to did you approach it. Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.

Onsite interview will consist of a plant tour and then 1:1 interviews with mangers and other associates usually followed by a group lunch.

Interview Questions

• How does your education or experience prepare you for a manufacturing enviroment.   View Answer
  • Why do you want to join the LDP program.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room

Very Easy Interview

Associate- LDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview Details – Campus interview with the President and an associate, then onsite interview with president/ controller/associates for a day. Rather simple questions mostly to see if you will fit in with the group, they do not care much about knowledge. People even get hired with under the 3.0

Interview Question – none, all simple questions about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, they wont let you

LDP Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in May 2011.

Interview Details – There were a series of about 2 or 3 initial phone interviews. They consisted of basic questions about my previous work experience, how I would react in certain situations, what sorts of conflicts had I encountered in a work or group setting and how did I deal with those. After completing these interviews satisfactorily I was invited to visit an operating company for an in person interview. This was basically the same sort of questioning procedure only it was in person. There is also a plant tour.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you have encountered and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't much negotiation, either you accept the offer or they offer the job to someone else. You may be able to bargain for some more vacation time or something but I wouldn't count on it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Consolidated Graphics

Worked for Consolidated Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Consolidated Graphics Ldp Associate interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Consolidated Graphics employees and interview candidates.