I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Consolidated Trading.
Interview Details – Round 1:
1. What is your greatest weakness as a trader?
2. What is your greatest strength?
3. What motivates you to work?
4. What attributes make a good trader?
Fair dice, you as many dollars as you roll. What would you pay to play this game?
What if I gave you two rolls?
1. There are lily pads in a pond. Each day the lily pads double in size. In 28 days the pond is full. How many days until the pond is ½ full?
2. You are on a gameshow. You will receive two envelops. You win what you select. You have to pick one envelop. 1 will have $0, and 1 will have $100. I offer to pay you $49 to NOT play and walk away. What do you do?
2a. What is the envelopes contained $0 and $1 million. and I offered you $485K?
3. You are given 2 ropes and 1 lighter. The ropes burn unevenly but are guaranteed to burn completely in 1 hour. They are different lengths. How do you determine 45 mins?
4. 100 doors in a row, and all are closed. As you pass the doors you toggle them (if open → closed, if closed → open). You start by going across each door. Then you go to ever even door, then every third. You repeat this untill you only go to the 100th door and you stop. At the end of this how many and what doors will be open?
5. What is the probability that 3 points on a circle will be in the same ½ of that circle.
1. What are the qualities of a good trader - write down three.
2. Disciplined, smart, competitive - Rank those three.
-trick question - discipline, discipline, discipline
3. Do we hold positions?
4. What are options?
5. What is the SP trading at? 10 yr yield? Vix? IMW?
6. Year 1 - how much do you want to make? Year 4?
7. Who is the best candidate in this room? Why?
8. Besides yourself, who would you want to hire?
7. Biggest failure you’ve had to overcome, how’d you cope, what’d you do etc?
Interview Question – 5. What is the probability that 3 points on a circle will be in the same ½ of that circle. Answer Question
The process took 1 week - interviewed at Consolidated Trading.
Interview Details – I was asked to answer an online assessment exam which was 3 hours long. It was mostly test of logic, math, observation. After that I got the first round interview call. The interview was approximately half hour long and was a mix of behavioral,mental math, probability and basic concepts of equities, derivatives.
Interview Question – Expected value of dice questions. Answer Question
I applied through college or university and interviewed at Consolidated Trading.
Interview Details – Pretty simple probability / brain teasers. first round with one about expect value of a dice game. Some fit questions about why trading / what do you want to do with your career. Overall a fairly typical interview. No surprises. (IQ test onsite)
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a recent interview experience or current/former employer. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –