Constant Contact

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Interview

QA
Waltham, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Constant Contact in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked only few technical questions. (Which makes sense since I was a freshman in college.) We discussed basic coding principles in C++.
We also extensively talked about passions and interest. Be careful that you can back up what you say! When I mentioned I studied Chinese, I was asked to draw characters and discuss it! Luckily for me, that was easy. But I can see how that would trip people up if they were bringing up unfamiliar topics.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate at all. This was my first internship ever.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Waltham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process from start to finish. The hiring manager reached out to me directly to pitch the role and a follow up email from a recruiting team member confirmed an interview day and time. I was sent a schedule with names and times of all the folks I would meet several days in advance. It also included directions, which was helpful because I wasn't sure which building they were in (there are several in a row). Each interview last about 30 minutes and I met with 6 different people -- they all focused on different areas of my background and asked probing questions around my analytic skills, my interpersonal skills, my knowledge of social media and basic "culture fit" types of questions. I was also asked what I knew about the product and if I knew of any small businesses who used their suite of products -- and I did!

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward. They did their best to make me whole from the job I was leaving. I had a little flexibility as it is a much shorter commute and the benefits package was a bit better than the one I had.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview Details – The interview process was great. It started with a phone screen, then three rounds of in-person interviews. I met with a number of people, but all separately. It was a thorough process and clear that they were looking for the right cultural fit, in addition to the appropriate skill-set. Everyone was friendly and showed a genuine interest in me throughout the process. I liked that they took the time to find the right candidate. (didn't hurt that it happened to be me!)

Interview Question – I wasn't thrown off by any questions. I was asked for my thoughts on specific business issues they are currently working on and how I would approach them, in addition to the traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The benefits are very generous. It's a smooth process, especially if you're aware of market rate for your position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Talent Acquisition Interview

Talent Acquisition
Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews over two separate days followed by a series of 1 on 1 interviews with members of the team onsite. During 1 on 1s, I met with approximately 5 people and spoke for 30 minutes with each.

Interview Question – most of the questions were "what would you do if" and didn't seem targeted to "catch" you, which I appreciated as a professional   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated through recruiting agency

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screening with HR person, then another with a sales manager. Then two in-person interviews back-to-back with different higher-ups in the sales department. You will also sit in on a current employee as they do sales calls.

Interview Question – "Sell me this pen." They WILL ask you this, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in January 2013.

Interview Details – Didn't seem very organized.

Interview Question – asked to do a technical talk in front of the team   Answer Question

Retention Analyst Interview

Retention Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview Details – First Interview was standard. Call, verify my interests and wants to see if I was a good fit.

Second round was with the hiring director. Lovely woman, very knowledgeable. Went extremely well and I was offered a third round interview on the spot.

That's when it got weird... I wrote a thank you letter and after a week got no reply. I sent a simple 'asking for a follow up' email a week later and still heard nothing back.

After 3 weeks, I asked for another update and got a reply from another HR rep, telling me the position had been filled and the person I was working with had decided to leave the company.

I'm a big boy, I can take rejection, however, to offer me another round in the interview process and then fall completely off the face of the earth is disrespectful and reflects very poorly on Constant Contact. If they treat their candidates as well as they treat their employees I want nothing to do with this company.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you used analytics to solve a problem in your company. Describe what the benefit was   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in May 2012.

Interview Details – An employee referral led to a phone screen with the HR rep, then another phone screen with the hiring manager, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager and a few other members of the manager's department. It was a straightforward process with clear, responsive communication. I took it for granted how organized and transparent the process was, but now that I'm more aware of how other companies operate, CTCT has a good system.

Interview Question – I won't get too specific here, but I will say:

1.) Know about the product(s) and company before entering the interview.
2.) Be ready with answers to how your past experience and education support the requirements of the position you're interviewing for
3.) Brush up on your technical skills, if you are interviewing for a technical position
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fair company.

Front End Developer/JavaScript Developer/Big Data Intern Interview

Front End Developer/JavaScript Developer/Big Data Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview Details – I was referred by an internal employee and was contacted by the HR that they would like to interview me for Front-End position (which is what I wanted). Then the HR emailed me 2 days later saying they think I would be a "good" fit for "Big Data Intern" position, which I told her I had my reservations about because I was more of a front-end developer. The Hiring Manager contacted me anyway and asked for my number and time for the call.
During the interview, I again mentioned that I am more of a front-end developer with some database experience. But, he still kept asking DB questions, which I obviously could not answer.
No response at all after that from anyone.
6-7 months later I met them at the school career fair and people from the engineer team said all nice things. I was later told by the recruiter that I would be contacted about the interview in coming weeks.
1 week later she emails saying they've found someone. 3 months down the line, they still have the positions posted on the site. So, they are either liars or they don't care about their website.
Even if their standard are very high and they think they are the next Microsoft or Apple, one would imagine that people from the company would at least keep their word.
By the way, my profile isn't that bad. I got calls from Amazon, LinkedIn, Intuit and other companies as well. They have to realize that there are 1000's of other companies in the country as well and they do have the decency of treating their candidates in the right manner, when they themselves establish contact for interview purpose.

Interview Question – I never knew all along what I was dealing with. No one from the company could actually keep their word. If they didn't want to interview me, why contact me 2-3 times saying they are interested in doing so.   Answer Question

Channel Account Manager Interview

Channel Account Manager
Waltham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through LinkedIn and was a bit hesitant at first. Recruiter did a great job of convincing me that Constant Contact has a focus on their Channel to grow business moving into 2014. They fit an interview into a holiday with four people to avoid multiple trips. Recruiter confirmed interview schedule and participants stuck to it. All interviewers gave me a great look into the company culture and the team as well. They were candid and appeared to LOVE what they do. I left knowing next steps and what the decision process would look like.

Interview Question – This is going to sound odd but the questions were quite conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest on your first call about salary expectations, they are reviewing salaries currently, my offer was exactly what I wanted and more!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Constant Contact

Worked for Constant Contact? Contribute to the Community!