Constant Contact

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.8

Customer Engagement Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Constant Contact.

After applying online, I was contacted two days later by a very nice woman named Chelsey. Chelsey established contact with me, and we set up a time for a phone interview. In the phone interview we went over basics like past customer service experience, current employment, employment goals. After this interveiw I was invited to an interview on site. I sat down with two managers and went through some typical interview questions as well as some quesions about my experience with technology. Overall the interview experience was thorough, efficent and friendly. They will not waste your time and I highly reccommend applying.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward and quick

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Constant Contact.

I approached the company booth at my college's career fair. After handing them my resume and waiting for a few weeks, I got an email and sent my available times for a phone interview with a team lead. After, the phone interview, I was invited to take a Skype interview with the members of the team. I was then contacted by the recruiter who called me and extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as an intern

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Constant Contact.

The recruiting department is organized and professional. The primary contact in recruiting sent an interview schedule including interviewer names and titles. This was helpful to prepare in advance for what might be asked.

The first round interviewers were peer managers, directors, and other leaders in the organization. The interview team asked questions around fit, previous accomplishments, and challenges. A recruiting team member took me to the cafeteria to grab lunch and take it back to the interview room so I could have some time to myself and prepare for the afternoon.

The recruiter reached out the same week to schedule a second round for the following week with other managers and team members in the teams that I'd manage. Some interviews were with two interviewers, and the team interviews were with all available members. This helped me to understand the team dynamics and it was helpful for them to meet me and ask their own questions.

Overall, the people I met with were welcoming and the process was timely and concise.

Interview Questions
    • The director created work related business cases to estimate and identify risks and prioritized tasks with the teams I'd manage. This was a great way to see how we'd work together under a time constraint and for the interview team to see how I'd fit into the company culture.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Constant Contact.

I was referred to Constant Contact through a second degree contact who spoke very highly of the company and said that my background in software marketing and working with small businesses and nonprofits would be a solid fit. After an initial phone screen, I came in and interviewed with my team over two rounds. Everyone was incredibly friendly and asked highly relevant questions for both the culture of the organization as well as the position. Nothing was particularly tricky or difficult about it if you know what you are talking about and are prepared.

In an employee's first few months here, you pick up very quickly that Constant Contact is a highly data-driven environment (that tests everything) where marketing is paramount. Cultural fit is a major priority for new employees as well as becoming comfortable with an incredibly cross-functional environment. Constant Contact is, simply put, a great place to work with a truly pleasant and happy environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would test within the customer life-cycle in your first quarter?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Constant Contact in August 2014.

Had a 30 minute interview with a recruiter which went well. I was invited that day via email to meet with hiring managers. On the day of the interview I sat in with a worker and listened to phone calls for a half hour. Afterwords I was interviewed for about 40 minutes.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Constant Contact in August 2014.

The process was kind of like this:

1.) I was able to talk with HR on the phone at a time that was mutually convenient. The HR person (Brendan) was very helpful, providing initial overview, details and answering some questions I had. As things moved to on-site visits, effective coordination was between Aileen and Martha. They were great as well.

2.) I was able to visit the office and meet many key players, in one-on-one meetings. I found everyone to be very open to my questions and they also did prepare well and were thoughtful with their questions. You should definitely examine their products (I had done this) and be prepared to speak to what are some challenges and solutions with them. I could definitely see that in discussing "what could be..." that this was appreciated.

3.) I came back to the office a second time to meet with more folks, some one-on-one, some in pairs. From round two and this round, all people were players in engineering, marketing, and product management. As "it takes a village" to make these products, I was glad to see this great cross-functional representation (all folks from "product" internally, but coming from other places, this is definitely viewed as cross-functional).

4.) I came back and met off-site with one more person who couldn't fit in the prior round.

After talking with all these folks, it was easy to see "common themes" about what was making working at CTCT a "good thing" and some challenges too. I felt as though people were honest and open, which is helpful when you are as well, and of course, in your evaluation of whether you really want to do this job at this place. I met with a total of 10+ people (might have been 12-13, I think). That may seem like alot, but on the other hand, it conveyed to me that they were serious about wanting people that fit and can work across the product team members, and only those that fit the culture. This is something I very much appreciated, in the end, as I know I was not a cultural fit in my previous environment.

I think the entire process was very positive, as the people I met were very communicative, flexible, open, thoughtful, etc.

Interview Questions
    • 1.) What aspect of your current role has been most challenging and how have you overcome this? 2.) What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Constant Contact.

The interview process was great. It started with a phone screen, then three rounds of in-person interviews. I met with a number of people, but all separately. It was a thorough process and clear that they were looking for the right cultural fit, in addition to the appropriate skill-set. Everyone was friendly and showed a genuine interest in me throughout the process. I liked that they took the time to find the right candidate. (didn't hurt that it happened to be me!)

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't thrown off by any questions. I was asked for my thoughts on specific business issues they are currently working on and how I would approach them, in addition to the traditional interview questions.   Answer Question
    The benefits are very generous. It's a smooth process, especially if you're aware of market rate for your position.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Constant Contact in May 2014.

Super easy. Disorganized. Unqualified interviewers. Sat and listened to reps dial and dial and dial, then they interview you in a room with low level managers and they all ask the same questions that are already written down and then they write down everything you say and then ask the next question on the list.

Interview Questions

I realized it is a call center with scripts.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Constant Contact in May 2014.

Had an initial phone screening with HR person, then another with a sales manager. Then two in-person interviews back-to-back with different higher-ups in the sales department. You will also sit in on a current employee as they do sales calls.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me this pen." They WILL ask you this, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Constant Contact in April 2014.

I had two phone interviews over two separate days followed by a series of 1 on 1 interviews with members of the team onsite. During 1 on 1s, I met with approximately 5 people and spoke for 30 minutes with each.

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were "what would you do if" and didn't seem targeted to "catch" you, which I appreciated as a professional   Answer Question
    Negotiated through recruiting agency