Constant Contact Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
25 interviews

2.8

Sales Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Constant Contact in May 2014.

Super easy. Disorganized. Unqualified interviewers. Sat and listened to reps dial and dial and dial, then they interview you in a room with low level managers and they all ask the same questions that are already written down and then they write down everything you say and then ask the next question on the list.

Interview Questions

I realized it is a call center with scripts.

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Constant Contact in August 2014.

Had a 30 minute interview with a recruiter which went well. I was invited that day via email to meet with hiring managers. On the day of the interview I sat in with a worker and listened to phone calls for a half hour. Afterwords I was interviewed for about 40 minutes.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Constant Contact in October 2011.

I was asked only few technical questions. (Which makes sense since I was a freshman in college.) We discussed basic coding principles in C++.
    We also extensively talked about passions and interest. Be careful that you can back up what you say! When I mentioned I studied Chinese, I was asked to draw characters and discuss it! Luckily for me, that was easy. But I can see how that would trip people up if they were bringing up unfamiliar topics.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate at all. This was my first internship ever.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in March 2014.

Very thorough interview process from start to finish. The hiring manager reached out to me directly to pitch the role and a follow up email from a recruiting team member confirmed an interview day and time. I was sent a schedule with names and times of all the folks I would meet several days in advance. It also included directions, which was helpful because I wasn't sure which building they were in (there are several in a row). Each interview last about 30 minutes and I met with 6 different people -- they all focused on different areas of my background and asked probing questions around my analytic skills, my interpersonal skills, my knowledge of social media and basic "culture fit" types of questions. I was also asked what I knew about the product and if I knew of any small businesses who used their suite of products -- and I did!

Pretty straightforward. They did their best to make me whole from the job I was leaving. I had a little flexibility as it is a much shorter commute and the benefits package was a bit better than the one I had.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact.

The interview process was great. It started with a phone screen, then three rounds of in-person interviews. I met with a number of people, but all separately. It was a thorough process and clear that they were looking for the right cultural fit, in addition to the appropriate skill-set. Everyone was friendly and showed a genuine interest in me throughout the process. I liked that they took the time to find the right candidate. (didn't hurt that it happened to be me!)

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't thrown off by any questions. I was asked for my thoughts on specific business issues they are currently working on and how I would approach them, in addition to the traditional interview questions.   Answer Question
    The benefits are very generous. It's a smooth process, especially if you're aware of market rate for your position.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in April 2014.

I had two phone interviews over two separate days followed by a series of 1 on 1 interviews with members of the team onsite. During 1 on 1s, I met with approximately 5 people and spoke for 30 minutes with each.

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were "what would you do if" and didn't seem targeted to "catch" you, which I appreciated as a professional   Answer Question
    Negotiated through recruiting agency

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in May 2014.

Had an initial phone screening with HR person, then another with a sales manager. Then two in-person interviews back-to-back with different higher-ups in the sales department. You will also sit in on a current employee as they do sales calls.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me this pen." They WILL ask you this, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in January 2013.

Didn't seem very organized.

Retention Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact.

First Interview was standard. Call, verify my interests and wants to see if I was a good fit.

Second round was with the hiring director. Lovely woman, very knowledgeable. Went extremely well and I was offered a third round interview on the spot.

That's when it got weird... I wrote a thank you letter and after a week got no reply. I sent a simple 'asking for a follow up' email a week later and still heard nothing back.

After 3 weeks, I asked for another update and got a reply from another HR rep, telling me the position had been filled and the person I was working with had decided to leave the company.

I'm a big boy, I can take rejection, however, to offer me another round in the interview process and then fall completely off the face of the earth is disrespectful and reflects very poorly on Constant Contact. If they treat their candidates as well as they treat their employees I want nothing to do with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you used analytics to solve a problem in your company. Describe what the benefit was   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constant Contact in May 2012.

An employee referral led to a phone screen with the HR rep, then another phone screen with the hiring manager, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager and a few other members of the manager's department. It was a straightforward process with clear, responsive communication. I took it for granted how organized and transparent the process was, but now that I'm more aware of how other companies operate, CTCT has a good system.

Interview Questions
    • I won't get too specific here, but I will say:

1.) Know about the product(s) and company before entering the interview.
      2.) Be ready with answers to how your past experience and education support the requirements of the position you're interviewing for
      3.) Brush up on your technical skills, if you are interviewing for a technical position
        Answer Question
    Very fair company.

Worked for Constant Contact? Contribute to the Community!