Constellation Energy Group

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – Th hiring process took a long time and it was difficult to keep in contact with the hiring managers at times.

Interview Question – I was asked to solve a logic problem on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was not willing to negotiate on any aspect of hiring me,

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. HR lady emailed me 2 days later. Had a brief preliminary interview with her and was succesful for next round of phone interviews. The "Director" I interviewed three days later seemed disinterested in the phone interview, like it was a chore to do it. I honestly wish once you are successful with the preliminary interview with HR, you should be invited to a personal 1 on 1 or group interview.

Interview Question – What are your qualifications?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – -Phone interview
-Several one one one interviews
-Skills Test
-Background Check
-Drug check

Interview Question – ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – -Extremely difficult

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ months - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. The asked behavioral based questions, which are easy. Then they asked some personal questions about interests and goals, long term and short. Additionally, they asked about how I felt about working in a fast paced enviroment. Finally, they asked the basic questions about salary, benefits, etc...

Interview Questions

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard from a manager out of the blue. The initial phone interview was good. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with the manager and looked forward to meeting the team in person and seeing what I could do to help their team out.

I arrive to the early interview, excited to get started with meeting the team.

The interview went nothing like I expected, and I've done quite a few interviews.

I was bombarded with negativity and aggressiveness from the get-go. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to calm the interviewer down and succeeded.

My next interview was with the nice manager who already conducted the phone interview; a pleasant second interview ensued. Then the department manager showed up, 10 minutes late, and blasted me with ridiculous questions that made no sense for what I was interviewing for and pretty much yelled at me for the next 45 minutes. PRO TIP: Don't bring up the Exelon acquisition with any head managers. They will get offended.

All in all, I had a good cop/ bad cop interview session for over 5 hours with 10 different people for a simple analyst position.

I walked out of there praying I wouldn't be contacted by their department again, which I wasn't.

Interview Question – Do you think you are qualified to work in this position?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Constellation Energy Group

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Constellation Energy Group Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Constellation Energy Group employees and interview candidates.