Constellation Energy Group

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was working for a smaller start up and got hired through an acquisition. We did have an interview process during rehiring but it was not as aggressive a new hire interview. The process was smooth and the major areas of discussions were fit in the new role offering.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview Details – The process seemed more challenging than it might have been because it involved people from parent-company in Chicago as well as Baltimore. Phone interview with recruiter followed by face-to-face with hiring manager and key business partner/peer, then third round with multiple senior leaders. It started off very urgent, then seemed to drag. 'Agenda' for all-day interviews with multiple people didn't include job titles or address/parking details (which were the same as the first face-to-face, but still), and interview date was only in subject of email, not body. Initially there was no one to host me for lunch or information/recommendations about what to do for lunch. It seems silly, but how well one is taken care of during recruitment can be interpreted as a reflection of how one will be attended to/thought of when an employee, so those little details matter. Schedule changes came the day before and the day of, when new people were slipped into the line up/times changed. All-in-all, I think the recruitment process reflected the challenges the company still faces in balancing the merger integration demands. A lot of nice people trying hard, and...things are hectic so details fall through the cracks. That said, I'm still sad I won't get to be there to help.

Interview Question – What's something that you thought was going to be a big failure, but it turned out to be great?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Constellation Energy Group

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!