Constellation Energy Group

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in June 2010.

I was working for a smaller start up and got hired through an acquisition. We did have an interview process during rehiring but it was not as aggressive a new hire interview. The process was smooth and the major areas of discussions were fit in the new role offering.

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Constellation Energy Group

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

The process seemed more challenging than it might have been because it involved people from parent-company in Chicago as well as Baltimore. Phone interview with recruiter followed by face-to-face with hiring manager and key business partner/peer, then third round with multiple senior leaders. It started off very urgent, then seemed to drag. 'Agenda' for all-day interviews with multiple people didn't include job titles or address/parking details (which were the same as the first face-to-face, but still), and interview date was only in subject of email, not body. Initially there was no one to host me for lunch or information/recommendations about what to do for lunch. It seems silly, but how well one is taken care of during recruitment can be interpreted as a reflection of how one will be attended to/thought of when an employee, so those little details matter. Schedule changes came the day before and the day of, when new people were slipped into the line up/times changed. All-in-all, I think the recruitment process reflected the challenges the company still faces in balancing the merger integration demands. A lot of nice people trying hard, and...things are hectic so details fall through the cracks. That said, I'm still sad I won't get to be there to help.

Interview Questions
    • What's something that you thought was going to be a big failure, but it turned out to be great?   Answer Question