Constellation Energy Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Manager, Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I had to interview with the Director, two HR managers, the HR Vice President, and two other business partners that I would be writing for. The process was very long and very drawn out for virtually no reason. They ended up stopping the recruiting process due to a higher position becoming vacant.

FIRE PROTECTION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I got this interview randomly, as I was standing at a career fair waiting for my friend and this lady came up to me and started chatting with me. Right there and then, I got the interview. It was short and simple. They basically asked about your past experience and why did you want to work there.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in March 2015.

Interview

I got my interview on the retail side through a connection at Constellation. I was interviewed by a few employees in the department on the phone. It was entirely "walk me through your resume" style, not behavioral or technical. I could tell they just wanted to see if I was easy to get along with, could hold a conversation, and had some internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your previous internships.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview

First I talked with an employer at my college's career fair and apply the intern position on their website. About one month later, I got the phone interview invitation. Some interview questions: How much do you know about energy markey? Basic statistics problems. For example, rolling dies.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about energy markey?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Met the recruiter at the career fair at my school. Got the first round interview which is through the phone. The next round is face to face in their offices.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process, they gathered up resumes and then made phone interview decisions. Thus far I have only completed the phone interview. They went over work history, where do you see yourself at the company, etc. Overall a positive experience. They seem to have wanted questions at the end.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Called from an external recruiter first saying there's an opening and asked if interested, then had a phone interview with HM and another phone interview with HR. They decided to bring me to the office after the first phone interview with HM, and the second one with HR was just the routine process. Flied to their office almost a month after the first phone interview. Met seven people in total, each for 45 min. Almost all questions are technically based, especially energy based. People were young and nice. Office was crowded. Recruiter got back to me after three weeks saying they decided to look for some more experienced candidates. It seems they're still interviewing some candidates with PhD, while I only have Master.

Interview Questions

• Why should we use discounted expected payoff to price a thing?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in November 2014.

Interview

After the phone interview, was invited for in person interview. Six interviewers from different groups (portfolio management, pricing, trading, deal review) asked questions in linear algebra, probability, stochastic process, martingle measure, option pricing, energy market and various brain teasers. Very friendly people, great experience!

Interview Questions

• probability measure in pricing theory, why and how it works   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

An inside contact gave the boss my resume, and I got a call the next day, and set up an interview two days later. It was a group of 4 people, and was overall a great interview process. It was formal, but relaxed. They asked me to do the resume overview, tell me about your school, work experience, and personal hobbies. Lasted about 45 minutes. Ended with them telling me what the next steps would be, and when they would contact me.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal job, and where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the company? Tell me about a mistake you made in school, work, or volunteering, and how did you correct it? What is your biggest accomplishment? Excel questions, asking about proficiency.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview

HR got my resume on the career fair and called me back half a year later