Constellation Energy Group

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview Details – HR got my resume on the career fair and called me back half a year later

Interview Question – What's your plan for the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Equipment Operator Interview

Equipment Operator
Ontario, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – The company flew me out and put me in a hotel but my flight was cancelled due to weather. I showed up the next day when my new flight got in and was greeted with disgust by the interviewers for being late even though it was not my fault. The interviewers were very rude and I would never work for this company. The HR representative was very sickly and appeared to have a facial disease. The lead operations interviewer was very overweight and clearly unhealthy and was a very disgruntled employee.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic. I explained my experience and why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interviewers insulted me for being overeducated for the position and were incredibly rude because my flights were delayed because of weather.

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview Details – The process seemed more challenging than it might have been because it involved people from parent-company in Chicago as well as Baltimore. Phone interview with recruiter followed by face-to-face with hiring manager and key business partner/peer, then third round with multiple senior leaders. It started off very urgent, then seemed to drag. 'Agenda' for all-day interviews with multiple people didn't include job titles or address/parking details (which were the same as the first face-to-face, but still), and interview date was only in subject of email, not body. Initially there was no one to host me for lunch or information/recommendations about what to do for lunch. It seems silly, but how well one is taken care of during recruitment can be interpreted as a reflection of how one will be attended to/thought of when an employee, so those little details matter. Schedule changes came the day before and the day of, when new people were slipped into the line up/times changed. All-in-all, I think the recruitment process reflected the challenges the company still faces in balancing the merger integration demands. A lot of nice people trying hard, and...things are hectic so details fall through the cracks. That said, I'm still sad I won't get to be there to help.

Interview Question – What's something that you thought was going to be a big failure, but it turned out to be great?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was working for a smaller start up and got hired through an acquisition. We did have an interview process during rehiring but it was not as aggressive a new hire interview. The process was smooth and the major areas of discussions were fit in the new role offering.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Lusby, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was a day long onsite interview at their nuclear power plant. Dinner and lunch was provided. The first half of the day is a tour of the facility and information on company benefits. Second half of the day was a group panel interview.

Interview Question – Give a time where you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Oswego, NY

Interview Details – Got reply back with phone interview after 1 week of applying. Shipped to NY for interview after 2 weeks. Interview process was standard with ~8 standard questions. Received job offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – How can you contribute to our department and our company   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. I was contacted by the manager of the group I would ultimately be working for. Phone screening was done and then ultimately an interview by a group of people. Standard interview questions, usually done by multiple team members.

It is now more common for either HR or a recruiting company to make contact and do initial screening.

Interview Question – Name one situation where you were compelled to do the right thing when it wasn't really the easy thing to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly painless. I countered the initial offer, they countered and I accepted.

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Design Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview Details – I spoke with them at the career fair and got an interview for the next day. I got the offer a month and a half after the interview.

Interview Question – Why would you move to this location?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Lusby, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted within a week of applying. Hotel was paid for. It was a whole day event including other candidates. It started off with breakfast, some ice breaker, meeting other engineers and a info presentation. There was a tour of the plant following by candidates taking turns to interview with a panel. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 mins.
I am still waiting for a follow up...won't happen for another month or so...pretty long lead time after the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this nuclear plant.   Answer Question

Electrical Tech Interview

Electrical Tech
Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – Edison Institute Testing, panel of 4 interviewing. A series of HR questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Constellation Energy Group

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Constellation Energy Group interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Constellation Energy Group employees and interview candidates.