Constellation Energy Group

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

It was a campus recruitment process, they gathered up resumes and then made phone interview decisions. Thus far I have only completed the phone interview. They went over work history, where do you see yourself at the company, etc. Overall a positive experience. They seem to have wanted questions at the end.

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in November 2014.

After the phone interview, was invited for in person interview. Six interviewers from different groups (portfolio management, pricing, trading, deal review) asked questions in linear algebra, probability, stochastic process, martingle measure, option pricing, energy market and various brain teasers. Very friendly people, great experience!

Interview Questions
    • probability measure in pricing theory, why and how it works   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in November 2014.

Called from an external recruiter first saying there's an opening and asked if interested, then had a phone interview with HM and another phone interview with HR. They decided to bring me to the office after the first phone interview with HM, and the second one with HR was just the routine process. Flied to their office almost a month after the first phone interview. Met seven people in total, each for 45 min. Almost all questions are technically based, especially energy based. People were young and nice. Office was crowded. Recruiter got back to me after three weeks saying they decided to look for some more experienced candidates. It seems they're still interviewing some candidates with PhD, while I only have Master.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we use discounted expected payoff to price a thing?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in August 2014.

An inside contact gave the boss my resume, and I got a call the next day, and set up an interview two days later. It was a group of 4 people, and was overall a great interview process. It was formal, but relaxed. They asked me to do the resume overview, tell me about your school, work experience, and personal hobbies. Lasted about 45 minutes. Ended with them telling me what the next steps would be, and when they would contact me.

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal job, and where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the company? Tell me about a mistake you made in school, work, or volunteering, and how did you correct it? What is your biggest accomplishment? Excel questions, asking about proficiency.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

HR got my resume on the career fair and called me back half a year later

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

The process seemed more challenging than it might have been because it involved people from parent-company in Chicago as well as Baltimore. Phone interview with recruiter followed by face-to-face with hiring manager and key business partner/peer, then third round with multiple senior leaders. It started off very urgent, then seemed to drag. 'Agenda' for all-day interviews with multiple people didn't include job titles or address/parking details (which were the same as the first face-to-face, but still), and interview date was only in subject of email, not body. Initially there was no one to host me for lunch or information/recommendations about what to do for lunch. It seems silly, but how well one is taken care of during recruitment can be interpreted as a reflection of how one will be attended to/thought of when an employee, so those little details matter. Schedule changes came the day before and the day of, when new people were slipped into the line up/times changed. All-in-all, I think the recruitment process reflected the challenges the company still faces in balancing the merger integration demands. A lot of nice people trying hard, and...things are hectic so details fall through the cracks. That said, I'm still sad I won't get to be there to help.

Interview Questions
    • What's something that you thought was going to be a big failure, but it turned out to be great?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Got reply back with phone interview after 1 week of applying. Shipped to NY for interview after 2 weeks. Interview process was standard with ~8 standard questions. Received job offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How can you contribute to our department and our company   View Answer

Design Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

I spoke with them at the career fair and got an interview for the next day. I got the offer a month and a half after the interview.

No negotiation

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2013.

Interview was a day long onsite interview at their nuclear power plant. Dinner and lunch was provided. The first half of the day is a tour of the facility and information on company benefits. Second half of the day was a group panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time where you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in December 2012.

The company flew me out and put me in a hotel but my flight was cancelled due to weather. I showed up the next day when my new flight got in and was greeted with disgust by the interviewers for being late even though it was not my fault. The interviewers were very rude and I would never work for this company. The HR representative was very sickly and appeared to have a facial disease. The lead operations interviewer was very overweight and clearly unhealthy and was a very disgruntled employee.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. I explained my experience and why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

The interviewers insulted me for being overeducated for the position and were incredibly rude because my flights were delayed because of weather.