Constellation Energy Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted a few weeks later. They said that they were were impressed by resume and would like me to interview directly with a hiring manager. We did a phone interview that was very simple and more like a conversation. Within a week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that I should know that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Interview

I spoke with them at the career fair and got an interview for the next day. I got the offer a month and a half after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Lusby, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was a day long onsite interview at their nuclear power plant. Dinner and lunch was provided. The first half of the day is a tour of the facility and information on company benefits. Second half of the day was a group panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Ontario, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

The company flew me out and put me in a hotel but my flight was cancelled due to weather. I showed up the next day when my new flight got in and was greeted with disgust by the interviewers for being late even though it was not my fault. The interviewers were very rude and I would never work for this company. The HR representative was very sickly and appeared to have a facial disease. The lead operations interviewer was very overweight and clearly unhealthy and was a very disgruntled employee.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic. I explained my experience and why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

The interviewers insulted me for being overeducated for the position and were incredibly rude because my flights were delayed because of weather.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Lusby, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

Was contacted within a week of applying. Hotel was paid for. It was a whole day event including other candidates. It started off with breakfast, some ice breaker, meeting other engineers and a info presentation. There was a tour of the plant following by candidates taking turns to interview with a panel. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 mins.
    I am still waiting for a follow up...won't happen for another month or so...pretty long lead time after the interview.

Instrument & Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Lusby, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter. The interview was set up for a week later. I had to take the EEI Tech test (easy), They grade it immediately and if you pass you get an interview. Then I had an interview with 2 people (technical questions asked during interview were easy), they were very friendly but the male interviewer stares at you. After the test and interview had a sit down with an HR rep. I got an offer within a week. I still have to do drug test, psych eval, and background screening.

Interview Questions

• why would we use a current loop in our equipment instead of a voltage loop?   1 Answer
    • if you have a pump in a run of piping a dp pressure readouts coming off the piping, one 3 floors above, one in line with the pump, and one 3 levels below, which is most accurate? Will the one above read higher, lower, or the same? What about the one below?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was happy with the initial offer because it was substantially higher than what I was making. They pay well.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Th hiring process took a long time and it was difficult to keep in contact with the hiring managers at times.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR was not willing to negotiate on any aspect of hiring me,

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online. HR lady emailed me 2 days later. Had a brief preliminary interview with her and was succesful for next round of phone interviews. The "Director" I interviewed three days later seemed disinterested in the phone interview, like it was a chore to do it. I honestly wish once you are successful with the preliminary interview with HR, you should be invited to a personal 1 on 1 or group interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (Louisville, KY) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online, the recruiter called me within a week for a brief interview. She wanted to know basic job skills and salary requirements. I refused to talk salary with her but she demanded that it was company policy. During the interview at the actual office there were two people who interviewed me. One did all the talking the other lady sat there with her arms crossed and literally asked nothing. I have not heard back from them so no call, email, letter, or nothing. Constellation takes a strong stance against letting candidates know their status at any time. Very poor interviewers just based on the lack of respect they showed.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I was working for a smaller start up and got hired through an acquisition. We did have an interview process during rehiring but it was not as aggressive a new hire interview. The process was smooth and the major areas of discussions were fit in the new role offering.

Negotiation

no negotiation