Constellation Energy Group

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – Th hiring process took a long time and it was difficult to keep in contact with the hiring managers at times.

Interview Question – I was asked to solve a logic problem on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was not willing to negotiate on any aspect of hiring me,

Very Easy Interview

Instrument & Control Technician Interview

Instrument & Control Technician
Lusby, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter. The interview was set up for a week later. I had to take the EEI Tech test (easy), They grade it immediately and if you pass you get an interview. Then I had an interview with 2 people (technical questions asked during interview were easy), they were very friendly but the male interviewer stares at you. After the test and interview had a sit down with an HR rep. I got an offer within a week. I still have to do drug test, psych eval, and background screening.

Interview Questions

• why would we use a current loop in our equipment instead of a voltage loop?   View Answer
  • if you have a pump in a run of piping a dp pressure readouts coming off the piping, one 3 floors above, one in line with the pump, and one 3 levels below, which is most accurate? Will the one above read higher, lower, or the same? What about the one below?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the initial offer because it was substantially higher than what I was making. They pay well.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. HR lady emailed me 2 days later. Had a brief preliminary interview with her and was succesful for next round of phone interviews. The "Director" I interviewed three days later seemed disinterested in the phone interview, like it was a chore to do it. I honestly wish once you are successful with the preliminary interview with HR, you should be invited to a personal 1 on 1 or group interview.

Interview Question – What are your qualifications?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, the recruiter called me within a week for a brief interview. She wanted to know basic job skills and salary requirements. I refused to talk salary with her but she demanded that it was company policy. During the interview at the actual office there were two people who interviewed me. One did all the talking the other lady sat there with her arms crossed and literally asked nothing. I have not heard back from them so no call, email, letter, or nothing. Constellation takes a strong stance against letting candidates know their status at any time. Very poor interviewers just based on the lack of respect they showed.

Interview Question – Why are you here?   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – -Phone interview
-Several one one one interviews
-Skills Test
-Background Check
-Drug check

Interview Question – ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – -Extremely difficult

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward - was contacted by a recruiter around for the position. He vetted me, and passed me along to the hiring manager. 1:1 interview with him, then called back for another round of interviews with the team.

Interviews were by the book, though there was definitely a script in play. Nice folks, though definitely a bit old-school in their expectations. Also very focused on cultural fit, which isn't a bad thing.

Interview Question – Tell us how you built a complex TCO model to reflect the true cost of capital good.   View Answer

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Nuclear Engineer
Oswego, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 3 managers form 3 locations, Ontario, NY, Oswego NY & MD. Interview was 30 minutes long and very easy. Basic questions with regards to my resume. Explaining certain items on my resume and how I could be a good fit with any of the plants.

Interview Questions

• You have a lot of research experience, how and why do you want to work at a plant instead of continuuing on to your PhD?   View Answer
  • Describe some of your hands on project? Describe how you handled a difference in conflict or intrest within a group? or team?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – the phone interview is easy, you will then be given an assessment test . Once you have completed the assessment test and passed. You will then be given a interview date with HR at this time u will be given another assessment test . Once you have passed this assessment you will be given a date to go to one of BGE Headquarters with around maybe 60 more applicants. You will be shown a movie introduced to employees of BGE then you all will get interviewed by a panel of 2 HR employees . The kicker after you have done all of these tricks is to take a phone test . You will be put in front of a screen with information to put into the computer and speak to a customer at the same time . Make sure you read the script word for word no errors .

Interview Question – Basic "why do you want to work at BGE"   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Syracuse, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – This was a very swift interview process.

1. I was first contacted 3 days after posting my resume. The phone interview took about 5 minutes. HR asked, (1) Are you willing to relocate? (2) What is your expected salary? (3) What do you expect from the company

2. I was invited for an on-site interview a week after

3. During the on-site interview, I met all the engineers and supervisors. Then did the official "behavioral" interview. Then had lunch. The interview overall was very layed back, although it lasted about 6-7 hours.

4. I was contacted 4 days after. This took about 5 minutes as well. The HR just talked about how much the salary is, and what the benefits were.

Interview Question – They asked a series of standard behavioral questions I don't remember... things like leadership, teamwork, technical experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the compensation seemed very competitive.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Constellation Energy Group

Interview Details – Fairly intensive interview process (5 interviews in a row), followed by second round with C level employees. Standard questions like "Why Constellation" and "why are looking" as well as follow up questions that were behavior based in nature.

Interview Question – What do you think sets you apart from the other people interviewing for this position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Constellation Energy Group