Constellation Energy Group

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

Fairly intensive interview process (5 interviews in a row), followed by second round with C level employees. Standard questions like "Why Constellation" and "why are looking" as well as follow up questions that were behavior based in nature.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think sets you apart from the other people interviewing for this position?   Answer Question

I&C Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Constellation Energy Group.

Hired through a company that works with Constellation for hiring and prepping candidates. That company is Magellan and they are great. Once you get scheduled for the interview you have to pass a series of technical tests and they are timed before you are granted the actual interview.

Interview Questions
    You maintain contact with the HR Rep and she will inform you in less than a week if you got an offer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in October 2011.

interview was easy and simple. Hiring manager asked basic questions about control theory and systems.
    it lasted for an hour or so and mostly revolved around my resume. they offered me a full time but i denied as i wasnt interested in doing so.

Interview Questions
    • where would you start debugging if you find fault in generic control system?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in May 2011.

I applied online and heard from a manager out of the blue. The initial phone interview was good. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with the manager and looked forward to meeting the team in person and seeing what I could do to help their team out.

I arrive to the early interview, excited to get started with meeting the team.

The interview went nothing like I expected, and I've done quite a few interviews.

I was bombarded with negativity and aggressiveness from the get-go. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to calm the interviewer down and succeeded.

My next interview was with the nice manager who already conducted the phone interview; a pleasant second interview ensued. Then the department manager showed up, 10 minutes late, and blasted me with ridiculous questions that made no sense for what I was interviewing for and pretty much yelled at me for the next 45 minutes. PRO TIP: Don't bring up the Exelon acquisition with any head managers. They will get offended.

All in all, I had a good cop/ bad cop interview session for over 5 hours with 10 different people for a simple analyst position.

I walked out of there praying I wouldn't be contacted by their department again, which I wasn't.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are qualified to work in this position?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in March 2011.

After applying online, I received a call to schedule a phone interview approximately one week after submission of my application. The phone interview occurred a few days after the initial call. The interviewer described position and asked questions pertaining to how my previous experience relates to the position. Also, asked about my interest for pursuing a job within the energy industry.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working in the energy industry   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in May 2010.

I received a phone call from Constellation Energy on an evening asking whether I was available for an onsite interview the next morning. I really needed more time, so I asked if it could be postponed to a later date and that this was too sudden. The HR said she can move it to a date couple of working days later, and they are not going to interview for many days for this position - I had no choice to accept to get interviewed the next day with one night to prepare.
    The day started early, and I went through five rounds of interviews. Only the second was heavily technical and the rest of the rounds were full of questions from my resume.

Marketing Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in March 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was told there would be situational type questions that would measure my skills and personality for company fit. Actual length of interview was two hours and very organized. My interviewers were sharp and had good interview skills.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your strategy for marketing our energy product?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in March 2010.

Seamless. Interviewers were quite engaging and the overall process had a lot of feedback.

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in March 2010.

Got quick response after online application.
    Telephone interview was very good.
    Managers gave reaaly good details about the job and company
    Interveiw was 45 minutes long.
    Managers covered all required skills for the job.
    Over all interview was easy, gave the output within one week.

Interview Questions
    • Having problems with the person you workong?How you would deal?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2010.

Interviewed with recruiter. Had 2-3 follow up discussions. Looking for someone with industry experience.