Constellation Energy Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Lusby, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was a day long onsite interview at their nuclear power plant. Dinner and lunch was provided. The first half of the day is a tour of the facility and information on company benefits. Second half of the day was a group panel interview.

Interview Question – Give a time where you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Lusby, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted within a week of applying. Hotel was paid for. It was a whole day event including other candidates. It started off with breakfast, some ice breaker, meeting other engineers and a info presentation. There was a tour of the plant following by candidates taking turns to interview with a panel. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 mins.
I am still waiting for a follow up...won't happen for another month or so...pretty long lead time after the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this nuclear plant.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Instrument & Control Technician Interview

Instrument & Control Technician
Lusby, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Constellation Energy Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter. The interview was set up for a week later. I had to take the EEI Tech test (easy), They grade it immediately and if you pass you get an interview. Then I had an interview with 2 people (technical questions asked during interview were easy), they were very friendly but the male interviewer stares at you. After the test and interview had a sit down with an HR rep. I got an offer within a week. I still have to do drug test, psych eval, and background screening.

Interview Questions

• why would we use a current loop in our equipment instead of a voltage loop?   View Answer
  • if you have a pump in a run of piping a dp pressure readouts coming off the piping, one 3 floors above, one in line with the pump, and one 3 levels below, which is most accurate? Will the one above read higher, lower, or the same? What about the one below?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the initial offer because it was substantially higher than what I was making. They pay well.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Constellation Energy Group interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Constellation Energy Group employees and interview candidates.