Consulate Health Care

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.4

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Consulate Health Care.

My interview process consisted of asking what shift I was looking for and talking about her personal life and she showed me pictures on her computer. After that she asked me when I can start and set up when I should come in.

Business Development Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Consulate Health Care.

They like to keep you for hours and pass you around but most people interviewing you really have no say. It takes weeks to actually get an offer and if you turn it down they essentially black List you so don't bother applying. When you do get the job and start expenses are paid slowly and your equipment will most likely take forever to show up and probably won't work.

They don't negotiate

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Consulate Health Care in May 2014.

I was called for a face-to-face interview after submitting my resume on line. There was no phone interview or pre-screening. The receptionist called to schedule the appointment, and let me with the information I needed for when I arrived. I was kept waiting for about 15 minutes before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very cold, despite the setting, as the executive director went completely by the book. Interview questions were very standard ("What has been your greatest accomplishment?" "What are your weaknesses", etc.). I was unable to judge much about the interviewer's personality, and am fairly certain she wasn't able to garner much about mine either.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consulate Health Care in February 2014.

Desperate for nurses, get them in here, hire them and then weed out the ones I don't like later. I just need bodies on the floor. Applications are put aside and then forgot about. Came in for orientation and they had forgot that I was due in and then sent me back home to come in another day when people need to get to work as soon as possible. Had very little if no orientation on the medication cart was just stuck to pass the medication and was very overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • give the new employee a book with answers in it and put them on the computer to figure it out for themselves.   Answer Question

benefit package terrible, insurance way over priced. No paid holidays, no 401K match. PTO that cant be used when you want or need to use it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Consulate Health Care.

Hired on the spot. Most of the interview was the DON convincing me to take the job, how they nurtured and cared for and supported their nurses, that even though the facility was older, the residents as wall as the staff were well cared for. None of which turned out to be true.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in this situation...? Answer was always report to supervisor.   Answer Question

Medicare Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Consulate Health Care.

Applied online and invited to face to face interview. I met with upper management for finance. I believe it was the controller, but he was very nice and professional but the other man was very rude he chatted on his phone throughout the ENTIRE interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, because I was so distracted by the rudeness of the other individual that I went along with the flow of the interview so i could just get it over and done with. I've seen the same position advertised so many times that I came to realize that it was probably for the best that I was not hired. Even if an offer was made I would not have accepted it due to the rudeness I experienced. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL   Answer Question

Director of Social Services Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Consulate Health Care in August 2013.

Initially communicated via e-mail a couple of times. Interviewed only one time. (I had worked with her before, but not directly under her). Employees friendly. Different type of interview process I felt. Discussed more of what the company did and what made them different. Only have a part-time receptionist so either other management has to fill-in at that area or the Admissions or Marketing Directors have to assist with visitors which I feel is ineffective and not professional.

Interview Questions
    • Had to answer a series of Personality Questions   View Answer
    The way she worded it, it was stated as a fact, with no negotiation...almost as if they were on a budget. I typically would attempt to negotiate, however, I was on Unemployment Compensation at the time and I was not allowed to NOT accept any offers (unless it was really low). My advice to anyone else would be: If they first asked what I was looking for, I would put it back on them what they were looking at as a range. If their range was too low, I would let the person know that I was looking at a particular range based on my experience and years in the field and give the ranges.... (the low range would be typically $1,000 more than my last position) and then state in confidence what experiences I would be bringing to the table. Normally employers will either go up a notch from the lowest number at that time or state they will have to get back to me and then call me soon afterward.

Unit Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Consulate Health Care in February 2013.

Initial interviews were great. Conversations by phone, individual initial contact and then the "formal " interview with the DON, ED and HR person.

Interview Questions
    • As a rule I always find the questions on conflict resolution to be the most challenging.   View Answer
    I was very clear about my financial and work place expectations. In the interview process this was well recieved.