Consumer Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Consumer Cellular in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen on Monday, then personal interview Tuesday, offer extended and accepted by Friday of same week! Easy and painless...VERY efficient. Do your homework-- know the product & service offering, history, and customer demographics. Proud company with amazing potential!

Interview Questions

• heavy emphasis on transportation concerning location and ability to commute to meet attendance goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Redmond, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, panel interview. Even though I did not get the job I enjoyed the process. It was quick and efficient. The facility tour was awesome, what a great place! I will apply again in a few months and try again, I want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you where able to sell a product to someone and how you did it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Friendly interview and overall very knowledgeable person I was speaking with for my interview. I was asked good interview questions and overall my time was not wasted. I was also able to ask as many questions as I needed to make sure my choice in employer was correct. One on One interview was great.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you dealt with a difficult or demanding customer? How did you help the person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply on line, initial phone interview to assure you can speak. Panel interview with several other candidates. Hint: when asked how many times one should be allowed to be late for work during training, say none.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Redmond, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Group interviews with usually 3-4 other candidates, and 2-3 consumer cellular interviewers. Nearly all the questions are based on experience with helping people. They are looking for very specific answers and scenarios, and will constantly ask for specific individual examples. Interview is about 10-15 questions for everyone, and lasts about an hour to an hour and a half. Generally laid-back interview process. Was hired within hours of finishing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you helped someone over the phone, and what were the results   Answer Question

Customer Account Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with one person, and they asked very detailed interview questions. The person that interviewed me had really awesome things to say about the company and how Consumer Cellular works. They asked me a large amount of questions and when they called me back i was super excited to hear from them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Redmond, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

After filling out online application & completing assessment, you're called for a group interview. At that time, candidates take a tour of the contact center & are able to listen in on phone calls. Throughout the tour, candidates are provided a very scripted monologue on what a wonderful place Consumer Cellular is to work & how easy it is to be successful there. Then, job seekers are taken to an interview room to sit before a panel of 2-4 people & asked if they were still interested in interviewing for the position. The usual interview questions are asked & candidates are provided an opportunity to ask questions of their own. Upon exiting the interview, they're advised they will get a call back within 24 hours, which was accurate. 99% of the time, all except maybe one candidate is hired on, no matter how under-qualified they are or how off base their answers were to interview questions. They will literally hire anyone due to their high turnover rate from their unrealistic attendance expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you've had to help an elderly person with technology... What challenges did you face & how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

First, a phone interview, then a group interview, I was offered the job later on the same day of the group interview. Basic interview questions by a panel. This was a very basic type of group interview via panel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the rate was $13.40 hourly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

You do an online application, phone interview and than a group interview & you're offered the position the next day! Process takes about 1 week overall it is very quick! The recruiter and interviewers are friendly!

Interview Questions

• General interview questions answering questions about dealing with customers, phone support, and computer skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consumer Cellular (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview, but process could be different now. Ask a bunch of basic questions the situational questions in order to get more insightful information about your characteristics and to diagnose your ability to handle a repetitive job dealing with customers that are always right (wink, wink). FYI - Discuss how you are going to help the company growth, that you NEVER missed a day of work at previous work, you're eager to learn and that being punctual in VERY important to you.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you went out of your way for a customer and how you resolved it if you have?I   Answer Question