Consumer Cellular

Updated Jul 2, 2014
Updated Jul 2, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consumer Cellular in May 2014.

First, a phone interview, then a group interview, I was offered the job later on the same day of the group interview. Basic interview questions by a panel. This was a very basic type of group interview via panel.

There was no negotiation, the rate was $13.40 hourly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consumer Cellular in March 2014.

You do an online application, phone interview and than a group interview & you're offered the position the next day! Process takes about 1 week overall it is very quick! The recruiter and interviewers are friendly!

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions answering questions about dealing with customers, phone support, and computer skills   Answer Question

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Consumer Cellular in January 2014.

The hiring process was fairly straight forward. This consisted of a resume screening, 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview followed by a week deliberation period after which notification was sent out that individuals were selected or not.
    Interview consisted of characteristic and technical questions, no questions were ambiguous or unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • As always, one of the most difficult questions to answer well. "Tell us what your biggest failure has been? Furthermore, how you rectified the issue, if it was resolved"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Consumer Cellular.

I was hired awhile back, so this process has changed. Someone called me, asked if I needed a job, I said yes, and they said I was hired. No interview process, just had to take a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Consumer Cellular in September 2012.

Phone interview then 2 in person interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Consumer Cellular in August 2012.

I had received a phone interview and was recommended for the face-to-face interview. Questions were typical call center questions based on behavior, mainly things like, how would you handle various situations. Both interviews went well. I was recommended for the next step but I hadn't heard anything and received an e-mail over a week later stating that more qualified candidates were chosen. I've received these notices in the past but they were reasons not to give an interview. Can anyone from the company explain this process to me? What is the next step after the face to face interview (with recommendation)?

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing for me was recalling specific situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Consumer Cellular in August 2012.

They asked the usual questions but the one that cost me the job was How I would handle a aspecific sution which didnt pertain to the job I was applying for due to the fact I run my own in home daycare,What I want to know is how long after a failed interview can you reapply with thier company

Interview Questions
    • What I would do in a certain situation with no example given   View Answer

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Consumer Cellular in March 2012.

Hiring process is pretty simple. You must apply online first. Then complete an easy online assessment test. Then they will call you for a short phone interview and last you will be called in for an onsite interview. One of the easiest jobs to get for a reason....HIGH TURN-OVER

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions such as "Give me a specific time when you satisfied a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations at all...it's take it or leave it.