Consumer Reports Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Health Policy & Consumer Advocacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consumer Reports (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. one over the phone interview where they asked most of the questions, followed by an in person interview with the same people and lastly an interview with the head of the department. The staff is really friendly and welcoming and you can tell that they have looked at your resume before and they will encourage you to elaborate on those experiences.

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Reports (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received a call-back with-in a week. I had one afternoon of interviews with 3-4 people (1 HR, 1 Manager, 2 Project Leaders). Questions were typically about my interpretation of project results, my ability to diagnose errors, and some personal interest questions. I was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• A project leader asked me to explain my interpretation of a test procedure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not negotiation phase.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Reports.

Interview

I apply online on a career portal. I get an email asking for a phone interview. We have one phone interview and a skype interview. I get the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply (I don't remember applying, I applied to so many places on the same day)   Answer Question

Student Assistant - Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consumer Reports (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Office manager called me to confirm the interview date and location. Then during the interview day, I filled out some application forms and the formal interview started. Three people interviewed me - one is the person that I closely worked with, one is campaign specialist, another is a senior activist.