Consumer United

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Call Center Speclatist Interview

Call Center Speclatist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Consumer United.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later received a call. The recruiter was telling me mostly about the position and going on and on about company. I went in to an in person interview. i spoke with reciter who showed me around then took a test.

Interview Question – what was your first thought when you walked in the building?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consumer United in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter who asked questions about competitiveness, sales skills. The recruiter explained the training process and bonus. Came in for an interview, took a tour of the office and a short computer test. Then met with a manager for a detailed interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consumer United.

Interview Details – Recruiter had a brief phone interview. Got brought in for tour of office from an agent that was nice. Interview with manager and recruiter who wanted to know if I was coachable and motivated to succeed. Got a call asking to start immediately and then begin courses to be licensed.

Interview Question – Manager asked if I was looking for a stable job due to my past jobs ending in abrupt ways   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Consumer United.

Interview Details – You will meet the sales managers.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consumer United in November 2011.

Interview Details – They have a phone interview and then a chance to sit with a rep and see what your going to do. Makes it a lot less intimidating.

Interview Question – The question of what is something that you failed at and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Consumer United in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through a referral and got a phone interview within a week The phone interview was simple, just went over my resume and asked questions about things. they brought me in for a panel interview the next day with the woman who called me from HR and a manager from the sales floor. You meet with HR first then they have you shadow someone on the sales floor so you can experience the process. They ask how you liked it and if you could see yourself doing it then you meet with a manager. they ask all the typical questions, whats your commute? dealing with a disgruntled customer, and what do you do in your free time. After the interview I got an email later that day offering me the job.

Interview Question – I wouldn't call it difficult, just be ready for the "name a time you failed" question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, they have a "bonus structure" not to be confused with commission because you will never see all of it . The base pay of 10.25 makes that college degree feel useless but it does allow you to get by

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Consumer United

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, had a quick phone call and then a more in-depth phone interview. I went in a week later for an in-person interview that actually seemed pretty rushed. I was surprised how few questions they asked me, but I suppose it's largely a reflection of how many hires they make. I was immediately given the impression that turn-over is extremely high.

Interview Question – I was really thrown off by how fast the interview was, and how few questions they asked me.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Consumer United.

Interview Details – pretty easy -- the company adds 60 sales associates a month -- as long as you don't give them a reason not to hire you, the job is yours for the taking.

Interview Question – not really any difficulties here -- the system is set up to get you hired.   Answer Question

Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Consumer United.

Interview Details – easy interview, just bring in your A game and it's no biggie

Interview Question – nothing too easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Consumer United in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, came into office once, phone call saying i got the job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Consumer United? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Consumer United interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Consumer United employees and interview candidates.