Container Store

Relevance Date Difficulty

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

Full Time Visual Sales
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Container Store in August 2010.

Interview Details – A group interview to see how people interact with each other. If you are considering applying, i would research their products, especially the elfa line.

Interview Question – What is your favorite product and why.   Answer Question

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

Full Time Visual Sales
The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Container Store in September 2011.

Interview Details – There was a group interview after a telephone interview. There were about 10 other people in the room. we watched videos,and responding to direct questions. We also role-played in sales scenarios. There was a "homework" assignment to research one item and bring in a picture. The role-play scenario really required studying the website and getting a feel for the store's policies without a net. They expect people that have sales talent, not ones that need to be trained. In my scenario a customer was in the store with their young children. Thinking on the fly, I neglected to remember to direct the customer to the website to shop. Had I thought of that, I believe that my chances would have been better for the job. Disappointed in my response, kind of blew it, but I may try again down the road. I love this store!

Interview Question – Not a direct question, but role-playing sales scenarios   View Answer

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!