Container Store Full Time Visual Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Container Store in May 2014.

I applied online and was called for a phone interview in a few days. Over the following two months, I met with two assistant managers, the store manager and the district manager. I felt all of the interviews went well and was optimistic about being hired (I was, however, concerned that they never called when they said they would to arrange the next meeting. Each time, I would wait several days past the day they promised to contact me, then call them to be told "We were planning to call you today."). They offered me a part time position rather than full time, but were unable to tell me how many hours per week I would be working. Because I am the sole earner for my household, I am unable to accept a job without an assurance of a regular income.

Interview Questions

The company was unable to promise a minimum number of scheduled hours each week.

Other Interview Reviews for Container Store

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Container Store in August 2010.

A group interview to see how people interact with each other. If you are considering applying, i would research their products, especially the elfa line.

Anonymous Employee  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Container Store in September 2011.

There was a group interview after a telephone interview. There were about 10 other people in the room. we watched videos,and responding to direct questions. We also role-played in sales scenarios. There was a "homework" assignment to research one item and bring in a picture. The role-play scenario really required studying the website and getting a feel for the store's policies without a net. They expect people that have sales talent, not ones that need to be trained. In my scenario a customer was in the store with their young children. Thinking on the fly, I neglected to remember to direct the customer to the website to shop. Had I thought of that, I believe that my chances would have been better for the job. Disappointed in my response, kind of blew it, but I may try again down the road. I love this store!

Interview Questions
    • Not a direct question, but role-playing sales scenarios   View Answer

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!