Container Store

Prime Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Container Store.

After submitting online application, I received a phone call where I was asked a few questions. Then I was set up for a group interview. I was told I would receive a follow up email, which I did. The email told me to think of an area in the house that I have an organizational challenge, go to their site, and choose a solution. During the group interview they ask you to say what you chose.

I was called a couple hours after the group interview to have a one on one with a manager. I'm waiting on the outcome.

Visual Sales - Part Time Interview

A friend started the application and interviewing process but quickly found out that the CS was looking for something they had not posted for which confused my friend because he would not have applied for a position if he knew it was not what he was looking for. He passed my name on via email and stated that I would be following up since I was also looking for work and had excellent experience in the exact same industry working with extremely similar products.

I went in to meet the GM but the GM was out of town. Following up a week or so later, I had a very delightful conversation with the store manager who appeared to be very intrigued and interested in my resume and cover letter presentation which I brought a hard copy of. The GM even stated how impressive the presentation was and thanked me for taking the time be so professional. The GM highly encouraged me to apply and encouraged me to be patient as the interview process takes a while.

One week after applying online, I received an email declining my application stating they were "moving forward with other candidates". Yet, I am a perfect candidate for the job working with their competitor and receiving many of the CS's shoppers who want more reasonably and affordably priced products. Their clients come to me at their competing store for their needs. So, I'm a bit confused by the rejection which had absolutely no explanation. The fact they would not even offer me an interview is completely shocking. Any discrepancies discovered on the online application could easily have been resolved through proper communication. The job posting remains on their website for the exact location I applied for. Now I have to wait 90 days to re-apply?

The online application said nothing about requires availability.

Visual Sales - Part Time Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Container Store.

Applied online which is the only way. Group interview and was told I'd be contacted within a few weeks (believe it was two). Met one on one with a full time employee to discuss more about the job/ask a few more personal questions to get a feel for my personality/ambitions. Started working fairly quickly after this process with basic training with the few others (smaller group) who were hired.

Overall a very casual, non-pressured group interview. Didn't feel like it was a competition, as everyone seemed to have a fair shot at explaining themselves, and no one seemed hostile. Managers were very friendly and facilitated discussion well.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly basic questions really. What skills I had that would suit me for retail/sales, where I saw myself in the company, if I understood what the companies vision (foundation principles) were.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Container Store in November 2014.

I am not yet employed with Container Store, but I had an amazing experience with the application process. One of the Managers called me within a week of my submission to let me know they had filled the position I had applied for. He was so impressed with my resume that he wanted to personally reach out to me and gave me great advice on some other opportunities within the company. What a great example of not only amazing customer service, but great leadership!

Full Time Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Container Store.

Expect to go through 3-4 interviews before being considered for even part-time, 5-6 for full-time. Group interview first, then a series of 2 on 1 or 1 on 1 interviews. Full-time will interview with regional supervisors. Expectations are for completely open availability including nights, weekends, early mornings (5 or 6am), and occasional overnights.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation, take it or leave it.

Part-Time Sales/Visual Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Container Store.

It was a two-part interview process. The first part involved a group interview where you watched videos about the company culture/expectations and participated in discussions about it and what you learned from the videos. You were also asked to make a presentation about how one of their products can help organize an area of your home. The second part of the interview was a one-on-one interview that took place a week later. It was brief and I was asked questions such as tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, and how my job experience so far would tie into working at the store. It was very laid-back and casual; it also helped that the manager who interviewed me was amazing and friendly. Last word of advice would be to show passionate you are about the store, its products, and its mission--study the foundation principles!!!

no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Container Store.

The team of three or so people interviewing a group of us were very warm and comfortable to speak with. They created a fun environment for the group. Not a stuffy interview process at all.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with challenging customers. Your own organization difficulties in your own life.   Answer Question

Product Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Container Store in September 2014.

I applied for the position at The Container Store headquarters office in Coppell, Texas. 10 days after I applied, I received a call from a hiring manager who said she would like to talk with me more about the position. I was thrilled. She then proceeded to tell me she was only hiring part-time positions. I told ***** that I could not accept a part time position. Sadly, I live 45 minutes from Coppell. For a full time job, I would have gladly driven that distance everyday to work for such a great company.
    Today, I received an email from HR telling me that I was not being considered for the position.
    The job posting I applied to, reads, "Full and part time positions". I feel misled.
    I'm saddened. I really wanted to work for The Container Store.

Prime Time Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Container Store.

There were multiple interviews - a phone, group, and 1:1 interview. They were looking for genuinely "nice" people that were customer service oriented, and that would add to the positive environment. They focused on a lot of service questions, and they focused on the company principles and situational questions about how you personally had and would apply them in different situations.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the questions, but they were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Container Store in August 2014.

Applied online, was invited to the infamous group interview. Everyone has to stand up and introduce themselves and say why they want to work at CS. There were 20 ppl at my interview and I was 17th in line, so I was scraping the barrel to say something different. Watched videos and then it was Lord of the Flies time trying to comment on what we got from them - frankly not a lot, they were very rah rah we are awesome. I didn't shoot my hand up to say how impressed I was and that worked against me. Lots of people talked about how OCD they are and they were VERY excited to be there. I disliked the format and was even more unimpressed when they told us they have 45 part time employees on the books and one opening coming up in September, there were 20 of us there so you do the math. I left feeling like they kind of wasted my time.