Container Store Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.5

Part-Time Sales/Visual Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Container Store.

It was a two-part interview process. The first part involved a group interview where you watched videos about the company culture/expectations and participated in discussions about it and what you learned from the videos. You were also asked to make a presentation about how one of their products can help organize an area of your home. The second part of the interview was a one-on-one interview that took place a week later. It was brief and I was asked questions such as tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, and how my job experience so far would tie into working at the store. It was very laid-back and casual; it also helped that the manager who interviewed me was amazing and friendly. Last word of advice would be to show passionate you are about the store, its products, and its mission--study the foundation principles!!!

no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Container Store.

The team of three or so people interviewing a group of us were very warm and comfortable to speak with. They created a fun environment for the group. Not a stuffy interview process at all.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with challenging customers. Your own organization difficulties in your own life.   Answer Question

Product Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Container Store in September 2014.

I applied for the position at The Container Store headquarters office in Coppell, Texas. 10 days after I applied, I received a call from a hiring manager who said she would like to talk with me more about the position. I was thrilled. She then proceeded to tell me she was only hiring part-time positions. I told ***** that I could not accept a part time position. Sadly, I live 45 minutes from Coppell. For a full time job, I would have gladly driven that distance everyday to work for such a great company.
    Today, I received an email from HR telling me that I was not being considered for the position.
    The job posting I applied to, reads, "Full and part time positions". I feel misled.
    I'm saddened. I really wanted to work for The Container Store.

Prime Time Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Container Store.

There were multiple interviews - a phone, group, and 1:1 interview. They were looking for genuinely "nice" people that were customer service oriented, and that would add to the positive environment. They focused on a lot of service questions, and they focused on the company principles and situational questions about how you personally had and would apply them in different situations.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the questions, but they were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Container Store in August 2014.

Applied online, was invited to the infamous group interview. Everyone has to stand up and introduce themselves and say why they want to work at CS. There were 20 ppl at my interview and I was 17th in line, so I was scraping the barrel to say something different. Watched videos and then it was Lord of the Flies time trying to comment on what we got from them - frankly not a lot, they were very rah rah we are awesome. I didn't shoot my hand up to say how impressed I was and that worked against me. Lots of people talked about how OCD they are and they were VERY excited to be there. I disliked the format and was even more unimpressed when they told us they have 45 part time employees on the books and one opening coming up in September, there were 20 of us there so you do the math. I left feeling like they kind of wasted my time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Container Store.

I had very similar experiences that others have written about. Filled out the online application, had a group interview and personal interview. The entire process lasted about 6 weeks. At the end, I was told they weren't hiring, even though, at the group interview, we were told they were looking for a few people. It was a very pleasant experience. I really felt they wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • What did you get out of the movie? (One of there promos)   View Answer

Part Time Visual Sales Interview

Apply online, group interview, company's foundation principles explained, video telling about company, group interaction, role play to portray your people skills and selling technique, store tour. Interviewee is requested to email their impression of the interview and the company, as well as any other thoughts or questions to store manager. They then call you back for additional one-on-one interview. Passing a background check and drug test, set up and paid for by the company, are the final steps prior to employment.

Interview Questions
    • Very fun and easy going group interview. Emphasis put on being yourself and interacting.   Answer Question

Truck Unload Team Member Interview

I applied and then got an invitation by email to attend an interview for the store i applied to within a week or so. I then went into the store for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Bring a picture of an item you might buy at this store.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Container Store.

Entire hiring process took 3 weeks; group interview, one-on-one, phone interview. Everything was straight forward and simple. "Homework" pre-interview was to find solutions for problem areas in your home using their products.

They asked simple questions such as: how did you hear about us, what do you know about our company, best/worst customer service experiences, what are you passionate about, how long do you see yourself with the company, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in June 2014.

After applying online, the manager emailed me within a week to set up a phone interview which was very easy. After talking for about 5 minutes over the phone the manager invited me to a group interview with about 8 other candidates. The group interview was actually pretty boring. The hiring managers showed many different training videos and asked us what we thought of them instead of actually interviewing us. The managers promised to contact us within a week but I still have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult at all, but be prepared to interact well with the other people being interviewed.   Answer Question

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!