Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Container Store
- Visual Sales - Part Time (26)
- Part Time Sales (18)
- Sales Associate (18)
- Prime Time Sales (13)
- Store Manager (10)
- Part-Time Sales/Visual (8)
- Part Time Visual Sales (6)
- Prime Time Sales Associate (6)
- Overnight Merchandise Processing (5)
- Full Time Visual Sales (5)
- Sales (4)
- Retail Sales/Visual Merchandiser (4)
- Full Time Sales (3)
- Seasonal Sales (2)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (2)
- Sales/Visual Sales (2)
- General Manager (2)
- Full-Time Sales (2)
- Part Time Sales Associate (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Manager (1)
- Tax Accountant (1)
- Sales/OP/Maintenance (1)
- Transition Team (1)
- Part-time Sales (1)
- Product Solutions (1)
- Employee Sales (1)
- Department Assistant (1)
- Prime Time Logistics (1)
- Stocker (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Container Store (Rockville, MD).
First you have the group interview, then you have another one-on-one with the manager. The group interviews are very important to show how you will interact with the team in that environment. It is business casual, but it is always better to be better.
- How did you hear about The Container Store? 1 Answer
Helpful (17)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Schaumburg, IL).
Fill out the application online, and they call you in for a group interview. The group interview will include homework as preparation, so make sure you do the work. They want to know that your passionate and that you're a 1 equals 3 employee. Meaning, one of you is equivalent to three average employees, productivity-wise as well. READ THE FOUNDATION PRINCIPLES on the website. Do your research.
- Out of all the products in our store, what would you choose as your complete solution and why? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative Experience
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Denver, CO).
I was invited in for the interview process; starting with a group interview. The managers were very unprepared and the interview started 20 minutes late. My group interview also consisted of just myself as they were unable to get any other applicants to come in at that time. It was a very awkward process as the interview was held on the sales floor with guests walking around. I was not offered a position and I am positive it is because they wanted to only offer a part time position and I was looking for a full time position (which is what I applied for). I expressed that I wanted to work full time but they told me that they start their full time staff with only a few hours each week. I let them know that this would probably not be feasible for me. Had I been extended an offer, I would have declined due to the fact that the management was so unorganized and unprofessional in the interview process.
- After watching an informational video about the company, you are asked what you noticed about the company and why it is unique. 1 Answer
- They ask you to do a homework assignment of bringing in a print out or picture on your mobile device of one of your products that you could use to help with a personal organizational problem. 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (South Tampa, FL).
Applied online and got an email to attend a group interview. It was scheduled about 3 weeks in advance. Also they asked you to do homework and bring in a picture of a product that you found on their website that you could find useful in your home. Pay attention to the 3 videos they play during the group interview, they ask everyone to give their opinions and what not afterwards. About 2 days later I received an email asking to attend a one on one interview. I interviewed with two managers. It was really relaxed and was offered a seasonal part time position 3 days later.
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in September 2015.
I was contacted for a group interview via email. The interview went super well. They showed us a video about the foundation principles and asked us to highlight significant points. They also asked us to bring in a picture of a product that would organize a problem area in our household. Everything about it was super easy-going (from the managers to the interviewees). I was contacted the next day to come in for a one-on-one with another manager. The second interview was on the sales floor and was about 15minutes. The manager was super nice and asked lots of standard questions which I will include in a subsequent section. THE PROBLEM is that they told me they would contact me even if I was not chosen. No later than the 19th of September to be exact. IT IS NOW OCT. 2ND AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD A YES OR NO. It's so unprofessional. This is my second time having this problem and the last time, they called me a month and a half later stating that I they wanted to offer me a seasonal position.
- Best customer service experience as a customer? Best customer service experience you provided? Why do you want to work for the container store? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Simple copy and paste type of thing. They'll have you wait outside of the entrance to the basement/stockroom so you can observe the store a bit. Once they call you downstairs they'll take you to one of the offices and ask you the basic run of the mill questions. They'll be interested in you as a person so be you. Discuss what you like to do. Me and my hiring manager spoke about Star Wars, Magic the Gathering and books the whole time I was being interviewed.
- In what ways can you be a contributing part of this company? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Container Store.
Step 1: Phone interview Step 2: Group interview - group of 10 others and 2 managers interviewing Step 3: Management Interview - Done 3 separate times with 3 different managers Step 4: General Manger Interview Step 5: Area Director Interview
- How many people have you supervised? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Little Rock, AR) in August 2015.
First I filled out an online application. The next day I received an email inviting me to a group interview the next week. There were eight of us in a semi-circle in the interview, with two managers taking turns asking questions or chatting with us. We watched a few TCS videos and talked about them. We also had a homework assignment, as others have mentioned, where we had to talk about one of their products. Then we filled out our availability forms and they asked us for any days we'd need off over the next three months (!), so plan ahead there. The next week, I was invited via email to a one-on-one interview with one of the managers. They had standard questions and it was low stress. When I asked what would come next, I was told I'd probably need to do another one-on-one with the other manager that I hadn't met yet, but ultimately they offered me the job without me having to do a third interview. I think they just want you to be conversational and friendly in your interview, but don't dominate the space.
- Q: What were the best and worst customer service experiences you've ever had? Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Westminster, CO) in July 2015.
Similar experience as everyone else, however this was my second attempt at applying because of how badly I wanted to work here. Applied online, got an email back the following day saying they'd like for me to join them for a group interview a month from now. Fast forward to the group interview, interview was a good experience. Two people didn't show up out of the 7 that they were expecting so I was hoping my odds were higher. All sat in a semi-circle in the middle of the store around a TV so we could all watch and respond to the videos being shown. Watch the videos on their website to get a head start and think about what important things you took from them. After watching the videos, going over the homework assignment (listed in the interview questions), and answering any other questions we had she asked us to fill out a form to specify our available times. That was it from the group interview, she said she would contact us within a week letting us know whether or not we are moving on the the individual interview. About a week later on the dot, I received yet another vague email saying they are moving on with other candidates. Negative experience because of the time I wasted trying to get this dream job. Wish they would clarify what their qualifications were because based on what they were requesting, I met all the requirements.
- "To prepare for the group interview please think of an area in your home where you have an organizational challenge. Then, go online to containerstore.com, and find a product that will help organize that area. Print the page, or save it to your mobile device, and bring it to the group interview. We’ll ask everyone to share their findings during the group interview session." Watch videos. What importance did you take away from this video? ie. what did you like, repeat what video says and say how amazing their company and business methods are. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in July 2015.
The group interview was a very informative session with other people who have applied to the same position. There was no sense of competitiveness everyone was all around just being themselves and just answering the questions as comfortably as possible. Watched a few videos on the companies principles and learned a lot of information about the store regarding how they treat their employees and customers. Overall easy going interview just go in there and be yourself.
- What do you like about the store and why would you want to work for them? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review