Container Store

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Container Store.

Interview Details – I had very similar experiences that others have written about. Filled out the online application, had a group interview and personal interview. The entire process lasted about 6 weeks. At the end, I was told they weren't hiring, even though, at the group interview, we were told they were looking for a few people. It was a very pleasant experience. I really felt they wanted to get to know me.

Interview Question – What did you get out of the movie? (One of there promos)   View Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Container Store in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed in a group interview and then next I was called for a one -on-one interview. I was interviewed at a desk on the sales floor and I was told I would make a perfect fit at the one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – The interview questions were very easy,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt do much negotiating. I was offered the amount I put on my application and took it.

Part Time Visual Sales Interview

Part Time Visual Sales

Interviewed at Container Store

Interview Details – Apply online, group interview, company's foundation principles explained, video telling about company, group interaction, role play to portray your people skills and selling technique, store tour. Interviewee is requested to email their impression of the interview and the company, as well as any other thoughts or questions to store manager. They then call you back for additional one-on-one interview. Passing a background check and drug test, set up and paid for by the company, are the final steps prior to employment.

Interview Question – Very fun and easy going group interview. Emphasis put on being yourself and interacting.   Answer Question

Truck Unload Team Member Interview

Truck Unload Team Member

Interviewed at Container Store

Interview Details – I applied and then got an invitation by email to attend an interview for the store i applied to within a week or so. I then went into the store for a group interview.

Interview Question – Bring a picture of an item you might buy at this store.   Answer Question

Visual Sales - Part Time Interview

Visual Sales - Part Time
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in November 2013.

Interview Details – They are great on this process: If they need people they will contact you shortly, pretty much all communication is via email. They usually do group interviews and orientation about the company at the same time. The entire process can take around 2 weeks. Everything is very upfront and easy to follow, you know exactly what to expect next on the process, they tell you exactly when you will be contacted for the next step and they are open to move dates around your availability to make. Very professional.

Interview Question – They give an exercise to discuss on the interview but you have to be prepare before you get there. It's different and exciting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to interview with all the managers before they ask you how much you are expecting, they don't make an initial offer; the GM makes the final offer to you after you take all the tests and meet the other managers.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Fairview, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in June 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, the manager emailed me within a week to set up a phone interview which was very easy. After talking for about 5 minutes over the phone the manager invited me to a group interview with about 8 other candidates. The group interview was actually pretty boring. The hiring managers showed many different training videos and asked us what we thought of them instead of actually interviewing us. The managers promised to contact us within a week but I still have not heard back.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult at all, but be prepared to interact well with the other people being interviewed.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Interview

Part Time Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Container Store.

Interview Details – Entire hiring process took 3 weeks; group interview, one-on-one, phone interview. Everything was straight forward and simple. "Homework" pre-interview was to find solutions for problem areas in your home using their products.

They asked simple questions such as: how did you hear about us, what do you know about our company, best/worst customer service experiences, what are you passionate about, how long do you see yourself with the company, etc.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your off time?   Answer Question

Prime Time Sales Associate Interview

Prime Time Sales Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. I first filled out an application online. I was contacted via email about a week later and was invited to attend a group meeting. The homework was the group meeting was to print out a product that you would benefit you and help you organize in area in your house. The rest off the interview consisted of several videos about the companies culture and selling technique. It was really just them asking you to respond to the videos that you saw. Three days after the interview, I was contacted via email to have a one on one interview. Again the questions were very simple. Just a reflection of what I thought about the group interview.

Interview Question – What were my dreams?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales/Visual Interview

Part-Time Sales/Visual

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Container Store.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for a group interview.
The interview was essentially just the managers explaining the company and it's culture to everyone. We were asked to bring a copy of our favorite product from their website to the interview and share it with the group, about why we liked it. We were asked to tell a little something about ourselves and our previous jobs and then asked general questions about The Container Store and what we learned.

They then selected people from their group interviews and narrowed them down. Called me in for a second, one on one interview, which was pretty generic. It was actually a very easy interview, no role-playing involved, no on-the-spot questions.

Then they offered me the position!

Interview Question – "What are your dreams/aspirations?" I have never been asked that in a job interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just told me the position they wanted me for and how much it was per hour, and if it sounded good to me. Later, I found out most co-workers negotiated their salary and got paid a lot more than me. They just will not tell you that unless you negotiate, so PLEASE NEGOTIATE.

Sales Interview

Sales
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Container Store in April 2014.

Interview Details – A day after filling out an online application I received an e-mail for a group interview. The group interview was with 3 other candidates and two managers who were very friendly and open. We introduced and were asked to give a quick blurb about ourselves followed by watching an informational video and some basic questions asked about what we thought... followed by a second video segment and the same sharing of reactions.

Interview Question – There really weren't any overly difficult questions, most of the questions asked were more opinions than anything   Answer Question

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!