Container Store Interview Questions

2.5

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in December 2013.

Online Application, Phone Interview, Group Interview - I don't remember there being an additional interview after the group interview but there very well may have been. I believe I had received a call from the store manager (who ran the group interview) telling me they would like to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • The online application is long and tedious. The Phone Interview was fairly quick with basic questions such as how many years of experience you have & why you'd like to be a part of their team. The group interview they give you an assignment and ask that you chose one product from their website and come in prepared to explain why you chose this product. The group interview consisted of maybe 6-7 other individuals.   Answer Question
    The manager had initially offered me $12.00 hourly but I had asked for $13.00 and was able to negotiate that with them.

Product Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Container Store in September 2014.

I applied for the position at The Container Store headquarters office in Coppell, Texas. 10 days after I applied, I received a call from a hiring manager who said she would like to talk with me more about the position. I was thrilled. She then proceeded to tell me she was only hiring part-time positions. I told ***** that I could not accept a part time position. Sadly, I live 45 minutes from Coppell. For a full time job, I would have gladly driven that distance everyday to work for such a great company.
    Today, I received an email from HR telling me that I was not being considered for the position.
    The job posting I applied to, reads, "Full and part time positions". I feel misled.
    I'm saddened. I really wanted to work for The Container Store.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Container Store.

The team of three or so people interviewing a group of us were very warm and comfortable to speak with. They created a fun environment for the group. Not a stuffy interview process at all.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with challenging customers. Your own organization difficulties in your own life.   Answer Question

Seasonal Visual Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in October 2012.

Applied on their website and was called for an interview. Was interviewed on the sales floor with one other person. Was called back for a second interview at which point I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • They had us watch a video about the company and later quizzed us about the details.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I requested on the application

Prime Time Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Container Store.

There were multiple interviews - a phone, group, and 1:1 interview. They were looking for genuinely "nice" people that were customer service oriented, and that would add to the positive environment. They focused on a lot of service questions, and they focused on the company principles and situational questions about how you personally had and would apply them in different situations.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the questions, but they were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Container Store in May 2014.

I applied online and was called for a phone interview in a few days. Over the following two months, I met with two assistant managers, the store manager and the district manager. I felt all of the interviews went well and was optimistic about being hired (I was, however, concerned that they never called when they said they would to arrange the next meeting. Each time, I would wait several days past the day they promised to contact me, then call them to be told "We were planning to call you today."). They offered me a part time position rather than full time, but were unable to tell me how many hours per week I would be working. Because I am the sole earner for my household, I am unable to accept a job without an assurance of a regular income.

Interview Questions

The company was unable to promise a minimum number of scheduled hours each week.

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Container Store in August 2014.

Applied online, was invited to the infamous group interview. Everyone has to stand up and introduce themselves and say why they want to work at CS. There were 20 ppl at my interview and I was 17th in line, so I was scraping the barrel to say something different. Watched videos and then it was Lord of the Flies time trying to comment on what we got from them - frankly not a lot, they were very rah rah we are awesome. I didn't shoot my hand up to say how impressed I was and that worked against me. Lots of people talked about how OCD they are and they were VERY excited to be there. I disliked the format and was even more unimpressed when they told us they have 45 part time employees on the books and one opening coming up in September, there were 20 of us there so you do the math. I left feeling like they kind of wasted my time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Container Store.

I had very similar experiences that others have written about. Filled out the online application, had a group interview and personal interview. The entire process lasted about 6 weeks. At the end, I was told they weren't hiring, even though, at the group interview, we were told they were looking for a few people. It was a very pleasant experience. I really felt they wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • What did you get out of the movie? (One of there promos)   View Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Container Store in August 2011.

I was interviewed in a group interview and then next I was called for a one -on-one interview. I was interviewed at a desk on the sales floor and I was told I would make a perfect fit at the one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    I didnt do much negotiating. I was offered the amount I put on my application and took it.

Part Time Visual Sales Interview

Apply online, group interview, company's foundation principles explained, video telling about company, group interaction, role play to portray your people skills and selling technique, store tour. Interviewee is requested to email their impression of the interview and the company, as well as any other thoughts or questions to store manager. They then call you back for additional one-on-one interview. Passing a background check and drug test, set up and paid for by the company, are the final steps prior to employment.

Interview Questions
    • Very fun and easy going group interview. Emphasis put on being yourself and interacting.   Answer Question

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!