Container Store Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
123 interviews

2.5

Seasonal Visual Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in October 2012.

Applied on their website and was called for an interview. Was interviewed on the sales floor with one other person. Was called back for a second interview at which point I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • They had us watch a video about the company and later quizzed us about the details.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I requested on the application

Prime Time Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Container Store.

There were multiple interviews - a phone, group, and 1:1 interview. They were looking for genuinely "nice" people that were customer service oriented, and that would add to the positive environment. They focused on a lot of service questions, and they focused on the company principles and situational questions about how you personally had and would apply them in different situations.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the questions, but they were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Container Store in May 2014.

I applied online and was called for a phone interview in a few days. Over the following two months, I met with two assistant managers, the store manager and the district manager. I felt all of the interviews went well and was optimistic about being hired (I was, however, concerned that they never called when they said they would to arrange the next meeting. Each time, I would wait several days past the day they promised to contact me, then call them to be told "We were planning to call you today."). They offered me a part time position rather than full time, but were unable to tell me how many hours per week I would be working. Because I am the sole earner for my household, I am unable to accept a job without an assurance of a regular income.

Interview Questions

The company was unable to promise a minimum number of scheduled hours each week.

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Container Store in August 2014.

Applied online, was invited to the infamous group interview. Everyone has to stand up and introduce themselves and say why they want to work at CS. There were 20 ppl at my interview and I was 17th in line, so I was scraping the barrel to say something different. Watched videos and then it was Lord of the Flies time trying to comment on what we got from them - frankly not a lot, they were very rah rah we are awesome. I didn't shoot my hand up to say how impressed I was and that worked against me. Lots of people talked about how OCD they are and they were VERY excited to be there. I disliked the format and was even more unimpressed when they told us they have 45 part time employees on the books and one opening coming up in September, there were 20 of us there so you do the math. I left feeling like they kind of wasted my time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Container Store.

I had very similar experiences that others have written about. Filled out the online application, had a group interview and personal interview. The entire process lasted about 6 weeks. At the end, I was told they weren't hiring, even though, at the group interview, we were told they were looking for a few people. It was a very pleasant experience. I really felt they wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • What did you get out of the movie? (One of there promos)   View Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Container Store in August 2011.

I was interviewed in a group interview and then next I was called for a one -on-one interview. I was interviewed at a desk on the sales floor and I was told I would make a perfect fit at the one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    I didnt do much negotiating. I was offered the amount I put on my application and took it.

Part Time Visual Sales Interview

Apply online, group interview, company's foundation principles explained, video telling about company, group interaction, role play to portray your people skills and selling technique, store tour. Interviewee is requested to email their impression of the interview and the company, as well as any other thoughts or questions to store manager. They then call you back for additional one-on-one interview. Passing a background check and drug test, set up and paid for by the company, are the final steps prior to employment.

Interview Questions
    • Very fun and easy going group interview. Emphasis put on being yourself and interacting.   Answer Question

Truck Unload Team Member Interview

I applied and then got an invitation by email to attend an interview for the store i applied to within a week or so. I then went into the store for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Bring a picture of an item you might buy at this store.   Answer Question

Visual Sales - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in November 2013.

They are great on this process: If they need people they will contact you shortly, pretty much all communication is via email. They usually do group interviews and orientation about the company at the same time. The entire process can take around 2 weeks. Everything is very upfront and easy to follow, you know exactly what to expect next on the process, they tell you exactly when you will be contacted for the next step and they are open to move dates around your availability to make. Very professional.

Interview Questions
    • They give an exercise to discuss on the interview but you have to be prepare before you get there. It's different and exciting.   Answer Question
    You have to interview with all the managers before they ask you how much you are expecting, they don't make an initial offer; the GM makes the final offer to you after you take all the tests and meet the other managers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fairview, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fairview, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Container Store in June 2014.

After applying online, the manager emailed me within a week to set up a phone interview which was very easy. After talking for about 5 minutes over the phone the manager invited me to a group interview with about 8 other candidates. The group interview was actually pretty boring. The hiring managers showed many different training videos and asked us what we thought of them instead of actually interviewing us. The managers promised to contact us within a week but I still have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult at all, but be prepared to interact well with the other people being interviewed.   Answer Question

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!