Container Store

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Container Store in June 2014.

After applying online, the manager emailed me within a week to set up a phone interview which was very easy. After talking for about 5 minutes over the phone the manager invited me to a group interview with about 8 other candidates. The group interview was actually pretty boring. The hiring managers showed many different training videos and asked us what we thought of them instead of actually interviewing us. The managers promised to contact us within a week but I still have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult at all, but be prepared to interact well with the other people being interviewed.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Container Store in June 2014.

Process took almost two months from resume submission to first day. They explained next steps throughout the process and steps were exactly as explained. Had 1 initial group interview, followed by 2 separate interviews after that.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about 32 hours of initial training?   View Answer
    Straight forward. They asked what rate I was seeking and I responded. They thought about it and followed up with me the next day.

Part-Time Sales/Visual Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Container Store.

I applied online and was called in for a group interview.
    The interview was essentially just the managers explaining the company and it's culture to everyone. We were asked to bring a copy of our favorite product from their website to the interview and share it with the group, about why we liked it. We were asked to tell a little something about ourselves and our previous jobs and then asked general questions about The Container Store and what we learned.

They then selected people from their group interviews and narrowed them down. Called me in for a second, one on one interview, which was pretty generic. It was actually a very easy interview, no role-playing involved, no on-the-spot questions.

Then they offered me the position!

Interview Questions
    • "What are your dreams/aspirations?" I have never been asked that in a job interview   Answer Question
    They just told me the position they wanted me for and how much it was per hour, and if it sounded good to me. Later, I found out most co-workers negotiated their salary and got paid a lot more than me. They just will not tell you that unless you negotiate, so PLEASE NEGOTIATE.

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Container Store in May 2014.

I applied online and was called for a phone interview in a few days. Over the following two months, I met with two assistant managers, the store manager and the district manager. I felt all of the interviews went well and was optimistic about being hired (I was, however, concerned that they never called when they said they would to arrange the next meeting. Each time, I would wait several days past the day they promised to contact me, then call them to be told "We were planning to call you today."). They offered me a part time position rather than full time, but were unable to tell me how many hours per week I would be working. Because I am the sole earner for my household, I am unable to accept a job without an assurance of a regular income.

Interview Questions

The company was unable to promise a minimum number of scheduled hours each week.

Prime Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Container Store in May 2014.

The interview process was very simple. I first filled out an application online. I was contacted via email about a week later and was invited to attend a group meeting. The homework was the group meeting was to print out a product that you would benefit you and help you organize in area in your house. The rest off the interview consisted of several videos about the companies culture and selling technique. It was really just them asking you to respond to the videos that you saw. Three days after the interview, I was contacted via email to have a one on one interview. Again the questions were very simple. Just a reflection of what I thought about the group interview.

Full and Part Time Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Container Store in April 2014.

I went through two interviews. A group interview and a solo interview. Both went very well and they were very informative. The group interview was small, only 6 people and the interviewers showed videos and the setting was very laid back. The solo interview was a bit more formal but I still felt completely conformable the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I was passionate about. I had never been asked this in an interview and i thought it was a very insightful question.   Answer Question

Pt Prime Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Container Store.

at least two interviews with typical best attribute and worst questions.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Container Store in April 2014.

A day after filling out an online application I received an e-mail for a group interview. The group interview was with 3 other candidates and two managers who were very friendly and open. We introduced and were asked to give a quick blurb about ourselves followed by watching an informational video and some basic questions asked about what we thought... followed by a second video segment and the same sharing of reactions.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any overly difficult questions, most of the questions asked were more opinions than anything   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Visual Merchandiser Interview

Applied online, got asked to attend a group interview, was hired then trained for seasonal employment

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to find a product and research it   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Container Store.

BE YOURSELF and BRING your PERSONALITY! (not Reality TV Personality) but your sincere self). PERSONALITY SELLS!!!

Interview Questions
    • We are looking for people who love interacting with people and love our products. It is that SIMPLE. If you do not love the HUMAN ELEMENT the (need not apply).   View Answer