Container Store

Interviewed at Container Store

Interview Details – Not to difficult

Interview Question – Situational type questions   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Container Store.

Interview Details – There were basically 2 parts to the interview. The first was a group interview of about 7-8 people, and the second was a 1 on 1 interview.

One of the first questions they asked everyone in the group interview was "Why do you want to work for the container store?" So make sure you're prepared for that one.

During the group interview, we watched a couple videos about The Container Store and they were looking for our "reactions." They would go around the group and ask "What stood out to you?" or "What did you learn about The Container Store from that video?" Next, they had given us some homework which was to choose an area of your home, find an organizational problem, and then go to their website and choose an item that you would use to solve that problem. Each person presented their product and gave an explanation of how it would help their particular problem.

After the conclusion of the group interview, they told us that they would be calling us to schedule 1 on 1 interviews. My group interview was held on a Tuesday afternoon, and less than 1 hour after the group interview, they called to schedule me for a 1 on 1 interview on Friday at 1pm.

The 1 on 1 interview was much easier and personal. The general manager asked "Who I shared my experience with after I got home from the group interview" and "What my plans are while I'm not working at the container store." I think this is because they are legally not allowed to ask "Are you married?" and "Do you have another job or are you going to school?"

I didn't mind either, so I just told her about my girlfriend and how I'm planning on staying in school while I work at the container store. She explained to me how the background check would work, and that I would hear from them in approximately 2 weeks or less. She also explained some of the basics of working at the container store, such as different shifts, what's expected as far as cellphone use, etc...

After the background check was successful, they called me and made a job offer.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work at the container store?" Is a very important question. None of the other questions were really that hard.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Overnight Merchandise Processing

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Container Store in March 2012.

Interview Details – explained the job, said it was a hard job

Interview Question – Are you willing to work hard.   Answer Question

Overnight Merchandise Processing

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Container Store in November 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online on the 26th of September, and was emailed about 2 weeks later to conduct a preliminary phone interview. Once I "passed" that interview, I was then scheduled for a group/panel interview at the store where there were 7 others. That interview was so much fun; the manager was hilarious! After that interview, I was in called for a 1 on 1 interview 2 days later. That interview took place the following week, and I was told I may get a call within a week or a couple days if considered to move onto the next step, which I was. I then was called in for another 1 on 1 but this time it was to see what I was "getting myself into" when it came to overnight merchandise processing. It was basically getting a feel of what I would be responsible for in making sure the store is Grand Opening ready the morning it opens. After 2 calls and an email, I was called back and offered the position with decent pay; a dollar over what I had been making at my previous job. I am so excited and happy to get the opportunity to work at this amazing store and I know I will enjoy it, by the grace of God. I hope to have a positive work experience here and I hope to mesh well with the others who are already employed here.

Interview Question – What do you think you can bring as an employee to the container store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I took what was offered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Container Store

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Container Store Overnight Merchandise Processing interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Container Store employees and interview candidates.