Container Store Prime Time Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

Prime Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Container Store.

Interview

First interview is a Group Interview. They show you a video about The Container Store and then ask a series of questions such as, what is your favorite product and why? They also ask you questions regarding the video and you basically regurgitate information. The key is to show initiative and be positive.

Second interview was very short. Basically asked me what my schedule was, and lasted 5 minutes. I got the job offer right away. After you pass background check and drug test you enter Foundation Training which last 3 weeks. You get trained to work in all the areas of the store, which was a great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? What did you like about the video?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Container Store

Prime Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Container Store.

Interview

There were multiple interviews - a phone, group, and 1:1 interview. They were looking for genuinely "nice" people that were customer service oriented, and that would add to the positive environment. They focused on a lot of service questions, and they focused on the company principles and situational questions about how you personally had and would apply them in different situations.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the questions, but they were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Prime Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Container Store.

Interview

The application was very organized and smooth. Applied for the position online and received a follow up e-mail within a week or so with an invitation to a group interview within 2-3 weeks. After the group interview, one of the recruiters followed up shortly with a request for a personal interview. Within the same week, I was notified I received the position and went in for pre-employment screening. Communication was very easy and the recruitment team was very thorough with what was expected of you at the group interview, although it was not very tense or stressful.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected - just different than other group interviews. Instead of asking, "Why do you think you'll benefit this team?," they ask questions specific to their products and evaluate how you deal with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very simple as The Container Store's minimum starting wage is much higher than other retailers. There was no need to negotiate for what was already above the line.

Prime Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Container Store.

Interview

On-line application; group interview; phone interview and then one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Can't think of anything. More of a conversation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Prime Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Container Store in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a grand opening. Received an e-mail to schedule a group interview. Wanted us to bring in a picture of a product that would help us organize an area in our home (be creative with this part). There were 3 other people in the group interview and 3 people who worked for the company. They read from a packet about the company, showed us videos and had us respond to it. Interview lasted about an hour. Got called back the same day to schedule an one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Container Store (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

From application entry online to interview to job offer was about 4 mos. I had been a stay at home Mom and was looking to re enter work force again. You need to prepare to deal with part time offers. I negotiated $11.00 to $13.00 by saying I needed $15.00. Full time is not gonna happen there. Culture is fun, but early mornings or late nights...prepare to hustle and sweat.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall the specific questions (yr later) but they are wanting to see a display of REALLY nice, helpful people. You will get chosen if you exhibit that kind of "excitement". Air of Excitement is a tenet of this company!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I used $48k base from previous salary as negotiating tool. Asked for $15.00 got $13.00...better than nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Container Store (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Was absolutely amazing! You start in a group interview of about 20 people. But not like any other interview. They want to know your background and what you can bring to the team. You must be unique and show that. This will entitle you to a personal interview and hopefully the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start date, and availability.

Prime Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Container Store in January 2012.

Interview

Apply online. First interview is a group interview where you talk about the company, watch a short video about the company, introduce yourself, and do an impromptu sales demo, they just ask you to show your true personality. Second interview is one on one.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, they just want you to show your true colors.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Container Store (Nashville, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

Online application; small group interview -- favorite product, short role play/sales, lots of learning about the company and culture and job

Interview Questions

• had worked for company previously, so nothing unexpected :)   1 Answer

Negotiation

had worked for company previously, so when offered pay rate, asked for previous rate, was granted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Container Store (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was fun and explained the ins and outs of daily work expected. I think I felt mislead on how long you have to stay part time before you are hired on fulltime. You have to work in this compnay for at least 2 (sometimes more) before you can be considered for fulltime.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone interview and on job visit.