Contax

Contax Interview Questions

2.6

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Contax.

Was interviewed in the Chicago, IL office. Interviewers were professional. Company seems to be friendly and team oriented. Got the impression there was very little room for vertical mobility in the company.

Interview Questions
    • There are 7 identical balls. One of them does not weight the same as the other 6. You are given a scale and two "weighs". How do you determine which ball is the odd one out.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Contax in May 2012.

Submitted resume on university career services website and received a phone call and email 2 days later requesting to schedule a phone interview with their HR. The phone interview was very basic such as why was I interested in the position and what was my desired salary range. About 4 days later, I received another phone call from their HR and they wanted to schedule an onsite interview. A few days later I went in for the interview which was with two of their consultants. The questions started off basic but slowly became more technical. The interview lasted about 45 minutes - one consultant seemed eager to see if I could solve their problem while the other looked bored as if he had watched many others attempt to solve the question.

Interview Questions
    • We will ask you one question. You may ask us any question(s) to help you solve the problem and we will tell you "yes, the answer to your question is ..." or "no, we cannot answer that." Are you ready? How many piano tuners are there in the United States?   View Answer
    • If you had to pick a soup that best describes you, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Contax in April 2010.

The interview process began with a phone call from their HQ, and a brief phone screen. During the phone screen they tried to judge past experience with programming and ability to work in a team environment. There were two in-person interviews- one with a couple of consultants, and a second with a director. Most of the questions were behavioral, and there were a couple creativity/quick-thinking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Any typical market sizing question. Mine wasn't a particularly hard one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Contax in April 2010.

Applied online and then received a phone call from the HR head. Schedule a phone interview that involved getting to know me outside of my resume. Some personality questions, like what I enjoy doing outside of schoolwork and what my interests are. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview at the Chicago office.

Interviewed with two consultants at the Chicago office. They were to get to know me and my experience along with identifying if I would fit the company culture. After this interview I received a call the next day to come back a week later and interview with a director.

The interview with the director was very easy and relaxed. The director was trying to read what type of person I was and if I would be able to talk to clients. This interview was basically just a conversation. Within a few days, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a soup, what kind would you be and why? The point is to sell yourself to the consultant asking this question.   View Answer
    You cannot negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Contax in December 2009.

There are 3 interviews. A phone call screening, an in person interview, and a final round interview with a director. All interviews are personality gauging. We only care if you fit in and have a solid background to handle technical work, good communicator, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How many piano tuners are there in America?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase.

Junior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Contax in May 2012.

The first step was a brief phone interview with HR, which was very scripted, telling me about the company, discussing my resume, salary (they pay in the $50k range), and asking what I knew about the company. She also explained that their consultants must be "generalists" who both program and interact with clients. This wasn't what I was looking for, but I see how it could work for a small company and other candidates.

Next was a 45-minute in person interview with HR and an experienced consultant. The process was led by HR, with the consultant interjecting at times. Again HR asked me to describe what I knew about CONTAX. Questions were about my background and what I knew about SAP, as well as my programming experience.

They would then have a second in person interview, which I was not selected for. I received an obvious form letter email informing me that I would not be moving forward in the interview process. (My name was in a different font than the rest of the email.)

Overall, I didn't like that the process seemed to be driven by HR in such a scripted manner, especially when the HR contact had only been with the company for a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Contax in April 2011.

Received a phone call from HR, went through a 30 minutes interview. This interview was primarily a self introduction and describe what I do for fun outside of work. A panel interview with HR and a Manager followed. It was pretty much a self introduction once again with one or two behavioural based interview questions. The final interview with the director composes of me describing my resume and him describing the company and job function.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a college   View Answer
    • If you were a super hero / animal, who / what would you be?   View Answer

Low Paid, Not very interested in software development work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Contax in August 2010.

The HR only asked me simple questions, nothing behavioral. Asked me to talk about myself that isnt on the resume, what my skills are, etc. I was prepared for a technical interview, but when I started, I felt like I totally messed it up because nothing about the first interview was technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Contax in April 2010.

- phone conversation with HR
    - basic questions about technology background

- HR person was rude
    - use of offensive language