Contiki Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Contiki in October 2011.

Met the brand head who asked the standard interview question 'Tell me about yourself' and it proceeded into a really friendly chat as she inquired more about my responsibilities in my previous roles and I shared my strengths and achievements.

Was called back for a second and final interview.

Interview Questions
    • How can you generate 12,000 sales lead with a budget of $50,000?   View Answer

Tour Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Contiki in January 2011.

After the online application, those who are selected for the next stage of selection have to make a presentation about a historical event/person eg Salvador Dali, a famous treaty, a battle, the London bridge etc etc. You can use really basic information (wikipedia is enough). It is important to make a clear presentation, to speak clearly and with an interesting tone, to look interesting while you speak. Those who made 'strange' presentations or improvised failed. Memorise your speech and practise it with your friends.
    You make this presentation in front of some people of the company and all the other applicants.
    It was cosy and friendly, not too serious, but be decent. They like to see alive, outgoing people.

If you are succusful, you can go for the private interview (you and two interviewers). You have to show that you cannot be easily manipulated, I mean, that you are stable in what you think and people cannot drag you here and there according to what they say or want. So they might start talking about some issue and then try to change your mind or argue with you to see if you can be stable, decisive and polite at the same time. They will ask you things about your journeys and recommendations about the cities you have visited. Finally, they will describe a situation that might go wrong with a customer and ask you what you would do. For example, what if someone is lost, or is causing problems in the hotel etc. I think this is where I failed. I don't know the correct attitude after all but I guess you have to show that you can think fast, under stressful conditions, you can solve problems independently and never freak out since a whole group of people depends on you.

Finally, they don't cover travel costs, but still half of the group travelled from other (close) countries (Germany, France).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if ... a customer is hurt/lost/violent etc.   View Answer

SEM Marketing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Contiki in September 2010.

Applied for the job through a job site. An interview was arranged fairly quickly. The office is small, start up-ish. One to one interview with the director. The company do hire hospitality students interns. May want to consider doing an internship to get a better understanding of the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Contiki

Worked for Contiki? Contribute to the Community!