Continental Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

4.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

The process was fairly easy. Interviewers were always watching us. There was a group session, where we worked together as a group and were asked to tell something about another individual from the group.

Interview Questions
  • How will your past work experiences benefit you for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Continental Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines.

There are multiple phases in a single day for some and spread out over multiple days for others. Then if you make it you are invited to 6 week long initial training. That is the intense part.

It was union regulated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in November 2011.

After having a telephone interview I was sent an email asking me to fly into Houston, TX for an all day interview. I was flown out from California and placed into a meeting room with about 50 other canadates. There was a small orentation followed by a 1:1 interview. I was asked to come have lunch and come back for a 2nd interview. After I was asked to sit with 2 head of personnels/CEO. Offered to join and start training class in 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Continental Airlines in September 2011.

Applied to the company website. Contacted almost a month and a half later.
    Offered choices of dates to fly to Houston to personally interview.
    No phone questions.

Arrived at group interview in the am with about 70 candidates.
    As I approached the interviewer, she looked straight at me and said
    Flatly, nothing special...

I was floored and astounded how absolutely rude she was.
    Interviewed with a gentlemen who was also short and very impersonable.

Asked to come.back for second face.to face interview. Using the star method,
    Answered questions well, I thought. Same astoundingly rude lady interviewed me.

She asked.me if I thought I was a good fit for the company and I thought.
    Not really, I'm not an ***hole.

Do not work here, these people think their primadonnas.
    They forgot how to treat people.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you would be a fit for the culture at CO.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in October 2009.

The interview process for flight attendant is a grueling process and no job offer is made until you pass all of your tests during the training process. A successful initial interview is no promise of a job. Failure of any the many tests during the multi week interview process results in your expulsion. I got to the last week, and had successfully passed all the skills test for evacuation procedures when I was asked to leave, and found myself totally unemployed because I had to leave my previous job in order to go through the training the airline offered. They are rulthess in releasing you as well. The instructors are also flight attendants, and they tend to pick favorite students and can be hard on others.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself--the killer question!!   View Answer
    • Give me an example of something you have done that shows me how you deliver good customer service--not what you WOULD do   View Answer

It was mutual. I lost a job with another Airline because participated in the interview process.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Continental Airlines.

I received an invitation to interview in Houston several months after filling out their online application. It began with a brief video and orientation. Afterwards, we were called one by one for our interviews. Everyone was friendly and did their best to make us feel comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer, but it was a good experience just the same.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were terribly unexpected. I would say the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in October 2011.

After the 1 on 1 interview, I was told I would hear something in 2 weeks. I knew then that I was not going to be offered a job. Another applicant was told to take the shuttle to the airport but not tell anyone that she was to come back that afternoon for another interview.