Continental Airlines

Continental Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in April 2009.

Just simple HR questions and some stuff about resume. I guess I did well but had limited experience for the position.

Structures Engineer Interview

1 or 2 managers during interview. It was nice and fluid

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2009.

While my interview for this position was farther back than 2009 I had to do this for the site's requirement. When I interviewed they performed this STAR interview process which includes Situation, Task, Action, Result. Everyone interviews by this standard and it is more of a "fill in the blank" process for us. If we simply have something on paper to show that the person fulfilled these requirements they are in. Realistically, we already know who we are going to hire but for the Affirmative Action aspect of our hiring we must have documentation to show that we did not discriminate.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   View Answer
    We have a grade level system that does not allow negotiations. It is very similar to government employment.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2009.

Usual HR first interview. Second interview was pretty cool, no technical questions (surprising for an engineering job).

No negotiations.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in December 2008.

Talent focussed interview with a script that a hiring manager has to follow and submit to hr. Usually process may take between 2 to 3 different interviews for this or managerial positions. Have to have specific examples - most candidates struggle with this either because they are nervous, not well prepared or just simply incompetent.

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Continental Airlines in April 2008.

Got contacted in October, quick phone interview. Then my first interview in a professional conference on November. After that contacted again in March invited for a round of interviews with 4 managers never the hiring manager. After a week, hiring manager call to present offer. After 24 hours, I accepted. Got hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a major challenge you faced and how do you overcome it.   Answer Question
    Simply & short phone negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in May 2007.

Started with HR phone interview, then hiring manager interview, then onsite inerview

Better offer