Continental Airlines

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.7

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Continental Airlines.

3 stage interview process, progressing from line mechanic, lead mechanic and supervisor, and finally management. Went over basic mechanic responsibilities and experience, general discussion on problem solving techniques with challenge to relate to real world experiences, again based on actual past issues with emphasis on how they were overcome! Review training and line experience.

Interview Questions
    • Again, problem solving techniques, emphasis on employee to employee working relationships.   View Answer
    No real negotiations as this was a union contract that required adherence to the contract terms.

Flight Attendant Interview

The process was fairly easy. Interviewers were always watching us. There was a group session, where we worked together as a group and were asked to tell something about another individual from the group.

Interview Questions
    • How will your past work experiences benefit you for this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

interview process was via a panel; jobs were posted internally and externally

Interview Questions
    • discuss a how you handled a difficult boss   View Answer

Intern, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines.

Everyone was very personable, professional, business attire a must to be seriously considered for employment.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to answer questions in the fashion of what you can do for them; not what they can do for you.   View Answer
    Two week process. Pleasant. They will call your references.

Crew Resource Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines.

The job is posted on company intranet. You submit your resume through resumix and hope they call. Go to the interview, and two of the supervisors interview you with the standard structured interview. Questions like "What was one of the most difficult things you ever had to deal with at your last job?"

No salary negotiation offered - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines.

There are multiple phases in a single day for some and spread out over multiple days for others. Then if you make it you are invited to 6 week long initial training. That is the intense part.

It was union regulated.

Airplane Pilot Or Copilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines.

The best way to get an interview is to be recommended by an active Continental, (now United), Pilot. There are minimum qualifications required for resume's and applications to be accepted and reviewed, and these vary from time to time. Currently a new pilot applicant must have at least a Commercial Pilot's License, Multi-Engine, Instrument ratings, a First Class Medical certificate, and a minimum of 2,500 hours of flight time, with a minimum amount of that time being logged as "Pilot in command". A 4 year college degree is also preferred, but not absolutely required. Military experience is a plus, but many non military pilots are hired. Once called for an initial interview, you will receive a physical exam from a company doctor. You will be interviewed by an HR person first, then a pilot review panel. You may be asked to fly in an aircraft simulator to demonstrate skill levels during certain instrument approaches or emergency conditions. Following this process, which may take two to three days, you will be sent home to await a possible phone call and offer of employment, which will include a class training date, where you will join about 20 other "new hire" pilots in a two month training course. Every new pilot serves a 1 year probationary period during which they are not protected by the union, and could be fired for cause at any time. Following this first year the job is much more secure.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you believe you will make an excellent pilot for our company for the next 30 years?   View Answer
    There are no negotiations in this business as a line pilot. Salaries and job requirements are negotiated and set in stone. You are a seniority number here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in November 2011.

After having a telephone interview I was sent an email asking me to fly into Houston, TX for an all day interview. I was flown out from California and placed into a meeting room with about 50 other canadates. There was a small orentation followed by a 1:1 interview. I was asked to come have lunch and come back for a 2nd interview. After I was asked to sit with 2 head of personnels/CEO. Offered to join and start training class in 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Continental Airlines in September 2011.

Applied to the company website. Contacted almost a month and a half later.
    Offered choices of dates to fly to Houston to personally interview.
    No phone questions.

Arrived at group interview in the am with about 70 candidates.
    As I approached the interviewer, she looked straight at me and said
    Flatly, nothing special...

I was floored and astounded how absolutely rude she was.
    Interviewed with a gentlemen who was also short and very impersonable.

Asked to come.back for second face.to face interview. Using the star method,
    Answered questions well, I thought. Same astoundingly rude lady interviewed me.

She asked.me if I thought I was a good fit for the company and I thought.
    Not really, I'm not an ***hole.

Do not work here, these people think their primadonnas.
    They forgot how to treat people.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you would be a fit for the culture at CO.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in June 2010.

Was contacted by human resources who administered a 30 min phone interview. Following day was contacted for a face to face. Two weeks later contacted for a second/final interview. Hiring Manager was very polite. Process time was average for a hiring process. Hiring Manager asked general, "what makes you the best fit for this position, how do you handle stress, etc...." They waited for compensation results which I was told is tailored to individual's experience, education and ability. For an airline, compensation is going to be relatively low compared to other industries. End result I was not offered position, likely because of my experience, Master's degree and certification, probably couldn't justify my hiring over what revenue would be driven by the position. I knew this before I applied, had a friend working there who quit to make 75% of what average PMs make so I was naturally assume they pay less than that. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situational problem and describe how you thought of a solution, communicated it, implemented it and what were the results of that decision.   View Answer