Continental Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Continental Airlines in April 2009.

Interview Details – The usual questions were ask the organization and planning of the interview was good.

Interview Question – What are your strength and weakness and why would you be a good ft for this company.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Continental Airlines in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process for flight attendant is a grueling process and no job offer is made until you pass all of your tests during the training process. A successful initial interview is no promise of a job. Failure of any the many tests during the multi week interview process results in your expulsion. I got to the last week, and had successfully passed all the skills test for evacuation procedures when I was asked to leave, and found myself totally unemployed because I had to leave my previous job in order to go through the training the airline offered. They are rulthess in releasing you as well. The instructors are also flight attendants, and they tend to pick favorite students and can be hard on others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself--the killer question!!   View Answer
  • Give me an example of something you have done that shows me how you deliver good customer service--not what you WOULD do   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was mutual. I lost a job with another Airline because participated in the interview process.

Technology Interview Interview

Technology Interview
Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Continental Airlines in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on phone for 30 minutes about my experience .After 10 days I was said that I would need to attend an face to face interview and was called to houston . The moment I entered the interview hall, I was given a list of programming assignments and I did them well. I was given with a decision in 10 days. I was selected.

Interview Question – Tell about your projects   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no options for negotiations and I was pretty comfortable with everything there.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer
Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Continental Airlines in December 2008.

Interview Details – Talent focussed interview with a script that a hiring manager has to follow and submit to hr. Usually process may take between 2 to 3 different interviews for this or managerial positions. Have to have specific examples - most candidates struggle with this either because they are nervous, not well prepared or just simply incompetent.

Interview Question – Tell as about a time when you demostated initiative   Answer Question

Revenue Management Interview

Revenue Management
Houston, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Continental Airlines in April 2008.

Interview Details – Got contacted in October, quick phone interview. Then my first interview in a professional conference on November. After that contacted again in March invited for a round of interviews with 4 managers never the hiring manager. After a week, hiring manager call to present offer. After 24 hours, I accepted. Got hired.

Interview Question – Describe a major challenge you faced and how do you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simply & short phone negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2009.

Interview Details – Usual HR first interview. Second interview was pretty cool, no technical questions (surprising for an engineering job).

Interview Question – How do you work with a team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2008.

Interview Details – Job payed $8 and hour.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough $$$.

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2010.

Interview Details – Group / Panel interview.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Agent - Ramp Interview

Customer Service Agent - Ramp
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Continental Airlines in June 2010.

Interview Details – I saw postings on Continental's website for part-time and full-time positions in Norfolk for the ramp. I applied and recieved a call from HR about a week later. The HR rep was very nice and kept things pretty informal. She went through the basic qualifications, work history, and disqualifiers. Basically to confirm that you are eligible for the position and if you're a good fit. She said she would forward her notes to her supervisor and give me a call later in the week. She called me back 2 days later to confirm that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. An email was sent to me that day with all instructions, paperwork, etc.

Sit down interview was the following Tuesday @ the Norfolk Airport in a conference room. I was being looked at for the part-time position, which there were 4 spots. 6 people were there including myself. They sat us all down and give the basic presentation with benefits info, job description, duties, company history etc. They they called us in 1 by 1 for the sit down. The sit down included 1 HR rep from Newark and the local station manager. It was pretty straight forward. Read questions directly off a sheet and took notes as you talked. After the 5 questions or so, they went over your resume one last time and opened the table for your questions. Everyone was very nice and kept me relaxed. Was told they will be contacting successful candidates by phone by the end of the week. (interview was today 6/22/2010).

Hope to hear back from them.

EDIT: Continental called me today (6/23/2010) extending an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a specific situation where you were aware of ethic wrong-doing. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about any time you were placed in a leadership position on the spot. What were your initial thoughts? How did everything turn out? Would you have liked to stay in that position knowing what you knew after the fact?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Continental Airlines in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by human resources who administered a 30 min phone interview. Following day was contacted for a face to face. Two weeks later contacted for a second/final interview. Hiring Manager was very polite. Process time was average for a hiring process. Hiring Manager asked general, "what makes you the best fit for this position, how do you handle stress, etc...." They waited for compensation results which I was told is tailored to individual's experience, education and ability. For an airline, compensation is going to be relatively low compared to other industries. End result I was not offered position, likely because of my experience, Master's degree and certification, probably couldn't justify my hiring over what revenue would be driven by the position. I knew this before I applied, had a friend working there who quit to make 75% of what average PMs make so I was naturally assume they pay less than that. Just be yourself.

Interview Question – Describe a situational problem and describe how you thought of a solution, communicated it, implemented it and what were the results of that decision.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Continental Airlines