Continental Airlines

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.7

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2009.

While my interview for this position was farther back than 2009 I had to do this for the site's requirement. When I interviewed they performed this STAR interview process which includes Situation, Task, Action, Result. Everyone interviews by this standard and it is more of a "fill in the blank" process for us. If we simply have something on paper to show that the person fulfilled these requirements they are in. Realistically, we already know who we are going to hire but for the Affirmative Action aspect of our hiring we must have documentation to show that we did not discriminate.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   View Answer
    We have a grade level system that does not allow negotiations. It is very similar to government employment.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2009.

Usual HR first interview. Second interview was pretty cool, no technical questions (surprising for an engineering job).

No negotiations.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in December 2008.

Talent focussed interview with a script that a hiring manager has to follow and submit to hr. Usually process may take between 2 to 3 different interviews for this or managerial positions. Have to have specific examples - most candidates struggle with this either because they are nervous, not well prepared or just simply incompetent.

Cargo Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Continental Airlines in May 2008.

Applied online through the Continental website and received a call for an interview a few days after. The interview took place at Newark Liberty International Airport, and I arrived early. I was ushered with 10-12 other candidates to a small breakroom and waited several hours after my appointed time. Each of us was given some paperwork to fill out while we waited. I was dropped off at the location and several people complained about the added charge for their parking for waiting so long. Continental didn't validate parking to my knowledge.

I was finally brought to an office for a one-on-one interview which was pretty quick and simple. Basically, I was told about the job responsibilities and some questions about myself. I was offered the position that day pending a drug test, physical and background check. I returned to do the drug screening and physical. The physical isn't too hard if you're in good health with average build. If you have knee, shoulder, or back problems you will have difficulty passing this test. After the background check cleared me, I was scheduled for training about a week after my interview. Overall a bearable interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available to work 24 hours a day everyday even on weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Continental Airlines in April 2008.

Got contacted in October, quick phone interview. Then my first interview in a professional conference on November. After that contacted again in March invited for a round of interviews with 4 managers never the hiring manager. After a week, hiring manager call to present offer. After 24 hours, I accepted. Got hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a major challenge you faced and how do you overcome it.   Answer Question
    Simply & short phone negotiation

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2008.

Job payed $8 and hour.

Not enough $$$.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental Airlines in May 2007.

Started with HR phone interview, then hiring manager interview, then onsite inerview

Better offer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Continental Airlines.

I received an invitation to interview in Houston several months after filling out their online application. It began with a brief video and orientation. Afterwards, we were called one by one for our interviews. Everyone was friendly and did their best to make us feel comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer, but it was a good experience just the same.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were terribly unexpected. I would say the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Continental Airlines in October 2011.

After the 1 on 1 interview, I was told I would hear something in 2 weeks. I knew then that I was not going to be offered a job. Another applicant was told to take the shuttle to the airport but not tell anyone that she was to come back that afternoon for another interview.

Manager Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Continental Airlines in January 2011.

Typical target select

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to coach an individual who was performing poorly?   Answer Question