Continental

100 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Intern Interview

Embedded Software Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Continental.

Interview Details – Got contacted by the company after they came to campus at U of I. Phone interview after two weeks. Technical questions about embedded systems. Some questions about writing device drivers and kernel level code. Another interview with HR. The interview scheduling took longer than I expected, but in the end

Interview Question – Nothing really. Asked about my resume. Mostly about Real-time/embedded systems. Some systems questions.   Answer Question

Resident Engineer Interview

Resident Engineer
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Continental in May 2012.

Interview Details – Communications were fast and very professional. Process was quick, different interviews with Manager, HR and team.
I like how the Manager wanted to make sure I was well suited for the job, asking me if I would be Ok to work as required by the project and trying to make sure I was going to like the job before starting.

Then Drug tests and the waiting for results, it had to be done at a certain facility so it was quite a drive for me at that time.

Interview Question – How to debug a system integration.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Continental in April 2014.

Interview Details – Process took a week. 2 phone interviews and one on site interview. Technical interview was completely based on resume and HR interview was a STAR type.

Interview Question – When was the time you made a mistake and how did you correct it ?   View Answer

Explore Trainee Program Interview

Explore Trainee Program
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Continental in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview that involved questions related to my CV/soft skills. After the phone interview, I was invited to an assessment center for further evaluation. The assessment center consisted of a personal technical interview, group discussion, group task, personal presentation and leadership task.

Interview Question – What is your dream?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Continental.

Interview Details – Was called in after a career fair, very nice and great to talk with! Interview went smoothly, basic "walk me through your resume" and "tell me about yourself". I was asked to describe my previous internship experience.

Interview Question – Had I ever worked internationally?   View Answer

Continental AG - SUMTER SC Interview

Continental AG - SUMTER SC
Sumter, SC

Interviewed at Continental

Interview Details – Definitely one of the worst interview experiences I have ever had. It all started with the low level HR assistant contacting me over the phone for an interview. She called 3 times within a 15 minute period and changed the interview time with each call, giggling on all calls - very unprofessional. Interview day - I arrive at the gate and have to wait about 15 minutes there because the gate attendants could not reach anyone to escort me in. When finally inside the building - I have to wait again about 20 minutes for someone to come down to meet me. HR are usually the most friendly people you meet at a company - not here. Basically no small talk and stern look the whole time. As I was walking through the offices - NO ONE looked happy. Finally the interview - Imagine evil eyes, eye rolls, snickers and someone "air quoting" and condescendingly asking about something on your resume. They were rude...period. After the interview you have to take an assessment test. I was asked to make another trip down to take the test because no one was there to open the room. I said no I could not come back. So she begrudgingly went to find someone to open the room - again waiting about 30 minutes this time. I finally get in to take the test and they leave the account screen logged in...security risk....imagine what information I could have seen if I would have been dishonest. After the test - NO ONE WAS AROUND (except the guy that looked like he was there waiting for an interview and was there 2 hours earlier sitting in the same spot) - I had to escort myself out. My impression of them was unprofessional, RUDE and extremely disorganized. Companies need to realize - while they will shortly forget people they interview - interviewees will probably never forget being treated bad and they will continue to tell other people about their experience many years after the fact.

Manager of Intercompany and Treasury Accounting Interview

Manager of Intercompany and Treasury Accounting
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Continental in December 2013.

Interview Details – Due to time constraints of Hiring Manager from IL and my tight schedule, my interview was scheduled for 30 minutes with Hiring Manager. I was told that an answer would be made within next 7 days, instead it ended up being more like 30 days. I found it very odd that I never met in person with HR at any time before or after. I was notified that position was filled by a very qualified internal applicant. I now think that I never met with HR because they had already made up their mind. Granted my background and experience was a perfect fit for position.

Interview Question – Covered resume and capabilities in great detail   Answer Question

Explore Program Interview

Explore Program

I applied online and interviewed at Continental.

Interview Details – Initial online test followed by a video interview.

Interview Question – They expect you to know everything about the company.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Continental in September 2013.

Interview Details – One telephonic interview and two on site interviews

Negotiation Details – NA

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager
Fort Mill, SC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Continental.

Interview Details – Group Interview style. They have multiple rounds of interviews which include a problem solving/customer service situation with an unhappy customer, a sales presentation to a large account that is considering a cheaper Asian made product, a group interaction project to solve HR type problems, and a critical thinking test.

Interview Question – Why would you be better at this position than the rest of the interviewees   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Continental

Worked for Continental? Contribute to the Community!

Continental – Why Work for Us?

Brake systems, powertrain and chassis systems and components, instrumentation, infotainment solutions, vehicle electronics, tires, and technical elastomers are just a small cross-section of Continental’s broad product… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Continental interview questions and advice. All 100 interview reviews posted anonymously by Continental employees and interview candidates.