Continental Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Continental.

Onsite Interview was in Germany, the interview was not difficult. The department manager himself set up this interview. It took 40 minitues.After a short introduction, I was asked about some technical questions immediately. One question was not answered correctly, but the interviewer gave me some hint and I got the right answer. In general, Conti is a good place to work at.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult part in electrical measurement techniques practically?   View Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Continental.

They usually choose their candidates based on their interactions during the career fairs. At least this is true for the Transmission Business Unit in Deer Park, IL. They usually gauage based on interests. I heard that quite a few of interns get in by talking about their penchant for cars. I talked about my interest and experience in power electronics and that got their attention. After which, they scheduled an on site interview where I interviewed with 4 Senior Staff Engineers separately and had one interview with a person from HR. The process was very smooth and it went on without much fuss.

Interview Questions
    • What was my least favourite and most favourite part of my school   View Answer
    Yes. Salary based on class standing.

Embedded Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Continental.

Got contacted by the company after they came to campus at U of I. Phone interview after two weeks. Technical questions about embedded systems. Some questions about writing device drivers and kernel level code. Another interview with HR. The interview scheduling took longer than I expected, but in the end

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Asked about my resume. Mostly about Real-time/embedded systems. Some systems questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental.

Was called in after a career fair, very nice and great to talk with! Interview went smoothly, basic "walk me through your resume" and "tell me about yourself". I was asked to describe my previous internship experience.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Continental in April 2014.

Process took a week. 2 phone interviews and one on site interview. Technical interview was completely based on resume and HR interview was a STAR type.

Interview Questions
    • When was the time you made a mistake and how did you correct it ?   View Answer

Continental AG - SUMTER SC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Definitely one of the worst interview experiences I have ever had. It all started with the low level HR assistant contacting me over the phone for an interview. She called 3 times within a 15 minute period and changed the interview time with each call, giggling on all calls - very unprofessional. Interview day - I arrive at the gate and have to wait about 15 minutes there because the gate attendants could not reach anyone to escort me in. When finally inside the building - I have to wait again about 20 minutes for someone to come down to meet me. HR are usually the most friendly people you meet at a company - not here. Basically no small talk and stern look the whole time. As I was walking through the offices - NO ONE looked happy. Finally the interview - Imagine evil eyes, eye rolls, snickers and someone "air quoting" and condescendingly asking about something on your resume. They were rude...period. After the interview you have to take an assessment test. I was asked to make another trip down to take the test because no one was there to open the room. I said no I could not come back. So she begrudgingly went to find someone to open the room - again waiting about 30 minutes this time. I finally get in to take the test and they leave the account screen logged in...security risk....imagine what information I could have seen if I would have been dishonest. After the test - NO ONE WAS AROUND (except the guy that looked like he was there waiting for an interview and was there 2 hours earlier sitting in the same spot) - I had to escort myself out. My impression of them was unprofessional, RUDE and extremely disorganized. Companies need to realize - while they will shortly forget people they interview - interviewees will probably never forget being treated bad and they will continue to tell other people about their experience many years after the fact.

Explore Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Continental.

Initial online test followed by a video interview.

Manager of Intercompany and Treasury Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Continental in December 2013.

Due to time constraints of Hiring Manager from IL and my tight schedule, my interview was scheduled for 30 minutes with Hiring Manager. I was told that an answer would be made within next 7 days, instead it ended up being more like 30 days. I found it very odd that I never met in person with HR at any time before or after. I was notified that position was filled by a very qualified internal applicant. I now think that I never met with HR because they had already made up their mind. Granted my background and experience was a perfect fit for position.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Continental.

Group Interview style. They have multiple rounds of interviews which include a problem solving/customer service situation with an unhappy customer, a sales presentation to a large account that is considering a cheaper Asian made product, a group interaction project to solve HR type problems, and a critical thinking test.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be better at this position than the rest of the interviewees   Answer Question

Regional Manager, HR-IT, Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Continental in October 2013.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, an Skype interview with the 1up manager, and an in-person interview with regional IT management.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews consisted of behavioral based interview questions mostly focused on leadership style. The interview process was challenging and fun.   Answer Question