Continental Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Dynamometer Testing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Continental.

Interview

We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on each task. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on each task. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on each task.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Continental in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. They asked me to walk them through my resume. We discussed it in great detail. They probed for additional information. They were very nice and professional. They smiled and showed interest in me as a person. They were friendly, personable, and took pride in working for Continental.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a decision that was the wrong decision and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. They are BEYOND fair when it comes to HR compensation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I was taken into a conference room and asked some easy questions about my resume. I then was asked to solve a simple circuit problem. Another hiring manager came in and asked me some more specific questions about my resume, my school choice, etc. After that, I was given a tour of the building and various labs.

Interview Questions

• What are some advantages and disadvantages of being a detail-focused person?   Answer Question

Resident Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Director and Project Managers, then I was invited to the office for a second round interview. At the second round interview, I was interviewed by 3 managers and 1 team member in the group, then the HR Manager at the end of the interview. The HR Manager asked me a couple of behavioral questions, the managers asked me about my resume, and the team member told me about the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you choose quality or being on-time for a project deliverable and why? Tell me about a time you had to say "No" to someone. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you like about working in a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Continental.

Interview

Informed by HR via mail. Interview was two stage process. HR followed by technical. Everything asked was from my previous experience academic and Industrial. Got positive response after the interview but no offer. you have to wait for around 4 to 6 weeks to get the reply.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Continental (Sumter, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply through a job fair on campus. Several months later, a recruiter called me and set up a phone interview. HR asked some details about the resume. Why you fit this position. This interview lasted for 15-20 mins. After that I was asked to filled an online questionnaire. They provided you lots of situations and you chose how you responded. Not very easy and 1 hour long. Several days after this questionnaire, I got the onsite interview. They asked many behavior questions. After 3-4 weeks, I got a call that they pursued other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe that you do several projects at the same time, how do you manage your time? Other people make a mistake, what do you do? Could you describe a mistake that you made and what do you do? Could you describe what kind of job are you going to do as a process engineer? Do you help other people to do any thing? What difficulty do you have in your job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Onsite Interview was in Germany, the interview was not difficult. The department manager himself set up this interview. It took 40 minitues.After a short introduction, I was asked about some technical questions immediately. One question was not answered correctly, but the interviewer gave me some hint and I got the right answer. In general, Conti is a good place to work at.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part in electrical measurement techniques practically?   1 Answer

Customer Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Continental (Fort Mill, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a HR recruiter and then a panel interview was scheduled with the hiring manager and another senior team member. Both interviewers were very personable and put me at ease during the entire process. They were very clear with their expectations for this role and responded to all of my questions and concerns.

Interview Questions

• Questions were routine for this type of position, including leadership style and providing specific examples of how I dealt with certain types of situations to illustrate being proactive, informative, etc.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Continental.

Interview

They usually choose their candidates based on their interactions during the career fairs. At least this is true for the Transmission Business Unit in Deer Park, IL. They usually gauage based on interests. I heard that quite a few of interns get in by talking about their penchant for cars. I talked about my interest and experience in power electronics and that got their attention. After which, they scheduled an on site interview where I interviewed with 4 Senior Staff Engineers separately and had one interview with a person from HR. The process was very smooth and it went on without much fuss.

Interview Questions

• What was my least favourite and most favourite part of my school   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Salary based on class standing.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Continental in August 2014.

Interview

First phone screen by HR. Then scheduled a tech interview in a month. Tech interview was for an hour- asked questions about experience, resume, academic background. The person was really friendly and gave me all the information regarding the position I was interviewing for.
    Finally called for an on-site after another month.
    On-site interview was standard- Technical test, Panel interview with 2 engineers from the team, then with 2 managers and finally director. The people were friendly, and seemed professional. Although I have to say the people taking the tech interview were not prepared at all. They were making up random questions- most of them irrelevant.
    Now the worst part of the interview: After the onsite, I waited for a week, and mailed HR regarding status. She said it will take a week or more. A month later, I inquired about the status again with the two HR people who had scheduled my interview. Both didn't reply. I figured, they must be busy. So I waited another month, and inquired again. Yet again, no reply from both recruiters as well as the hiring manager.
    I never expected such an unprofessional treatment from a company like this. Even after an onsite, they did not have the courtesy to reply with a decision. So I have no response from anyone from the company in 3 months after the on-site interview- really frustrating. I assumed it to be a reject.
    The people in HR should have the courtesy of at least responding to people who have interviewed. And giving a decision even if it is a reject. Cold treatment with no response is no way for a company to treat it's potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Regular stuff- pointers, linkedlists, array sorting,etc
      One quiz was given based on C programming with a time limit of 20 mins -simple stuff

Answer Question