Continuous Computing

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Continuous Computing

Candidate Interview Review

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Continuous Computing in June 2011.

The people who are involved in interview doesn't always seem to have a good understanding of the technology at times. There is always a mismatch I believe and I found this more with CCPU.

The people are more concerned with the programming skills and that to you have to write the same on paper. I have some 7.5yrs of exp and I think at times it is unjustified to measure someones skills by asking few questions and ask them to write the complete absolute correct solution without any syntax errors on a piece of paper. Maybe its okay to look that way but the approach is not proper. I myself takes interviews at times and based on my exp I can always say that look at the logic not the syntax if you want to find good people.

Also they are too much money minded. They will not pay your travel expenses. I traveled from Delhi to Bangalore twice. I made the ticket purchase on my own at first time and for the second time they send the tickets from there side. On checking with them after the 15-20days of the second interview, I found since they have paid for the second time airfare only, so they will not pay for the first round trip. And I end up paying 16K from my pocket(including first time airfare, and taxi fare for both the times)

Overall the only problem I had during my interview was that the HR is too immature. I think they have there internal targets to hire maximum people with minimum expenses and that is why they don't pay the expenses of the candidate at times. I think they should understand that 16K for a candidate is quite high amount whereas for company its negligible. And on checking with HR, HR behaves very immaturely and says that she will pay from her own pocket. I mean this is ridiculous.

So if they want to become good and mature company then they should revise there interview process and make sure that they don't crib at the time of paying the expenses for candidate's travel. And incase they have financial crises then they should inform the candidate properly and in writing that they will not pay for the expenses. They should understand that no one has extra money to waste.

Interview Questions
    • Revise basic concepts about the technology   Answer Question
    • Focus more on written programming not very detailed concepts or algorithms   View Answer